Jeremy Maclin (Agrees to 2 year deal with Ravens)

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was forced to run Roman's system though as you can't overhaul the offense in week 3

Doesn't that say even more about his ability?

I mean, the idea that Tyrod hasn't had a good enough OC when the last OC had them at 7th in the NFL in points per game prior to EJ's debacle in week 17 seems a bit miscast to me.

Once Maclin is signed, we will get lots of "now we are going to trade Sammy" talk.

JINX ALERT!!

Don't be talking like that! Go outside and run around a tree, say 5 Hail Mary's and wash your mouth out with soap!

So true on everything you said.

Santaserios on Niagara was one of those italian restaurants I went to as a kid through age 30. Old style italian place, red checkered table cloths, drink wine out of juice glasses, big pots of sauce, pasta fagiola with peppers, lentils, huge meatballs.....can't find places like that anymore.

Santasieros is the best italian in Buffalo.

Just heard on NFL Network...

Maclin Cancelled Visit with Baltimore today and is negotiating contract with Buffalo now

But you can structure that 3 year to make it more meaningful for him

:thumbsup:

Thanks for the thoughtful responses.

My complaint about Buffalo is the lack of diversity when it comes to food. In California, for example, you don't go to a 'Chinese' restaurant. You go to a Szechuan (spicy!), Taiwanese, Hakka, Cantonese or whatever restaurant. Same with Mexican - many restaurants have regional orientations - Oaxacan (mole!) or whatever - and are often quite authentic. In my experience, Latin and Asian food in Buffalo tends to be generic and Americanized.

In bigger cities you can find virtually any cuisine. In the past couple years here in Seattle I've eaten Eritrean, Malaysian, Goan (very different than other Indian), Filipino, Peruvian, Tibetan, Russian, Guamese, and Colombian food at local restaurants - just to name a few. And these restaurants provide interesting menu choices: beetles that smell like flowers from Vietnam, brain tacos, spicy Szechuan chicken feet, marinated beef tendons, Cambodian boiled fertile duck egg, and so on. The menu diversity in major West Coast cities is immense.

But I only visit Buffalo once every 3 or 4 years so I don't the city as well as I could. And I do grant that the pizza and wings in Buffalo are excellent.

So - to tie this up - I hope Maclin likes pizza and wings.

Yeah, the lack of diversity is probably my biggest knock. I remember a little place on Elmwood called NoNoo Ramen. I've been to a bunch of places in a bunch of cities in the US and they are still in my top 5, and they did some great Japanese street food items. They didn't make it a year.

I have heard that Buffalo does have a thriving Burmese market, which I'm happy to hear, but for the most part, we do a couple of things very well and not a lot else.

The news has finally broke:

@AdamSchefter: Former Bills' first-round pick JP Losman is taking a coaching internship this season with Clemson HC Dabo Swinney.

JP finally realized his Silicon Valley start up "BustChat" wasn't taking off.

Doesn't that say even more about his ability?

I mean, the idea that Tyrod hasn't had a good enough OC when the last OC had them at 7th in the NFL in points per game prior to EJ's debacle in week 17 seems a bit miscast to me.

To me it doesn't,

The E J debacle you speak of was A Lynns chance to prove himself worthy of becoming a HC in the NFL and he didn't get the job done in my humble opinion.

with all due respect bandit

(well, I suppose in a way he did, but luckily not in Buffalo)

Edited by Figster

That sounds in line with what spotrac suggested he would be worth. If so, it makes letting Woods walk on $7 million a year offer look like a wise choice.

woods got a contract that was 7 mill a year? that's nuts.

I would be thrilled to get Maclin to pair with the rest of our WR core. I apologize if this has already been discussed, but is it possible that even if Sammy has a career/Pro Bowl year that they might view Maclin as a WR1 type of replacement? Or is this really to augment the core of the WR group for many years to come?

Edited by BeastMode54