Jeremy Maclin (Agrees to 2 year deal with Ravens)

Give him a 3 year deal.

But essentially with March Triggers every year that was you can sever if needed. But also give you an option of keeping him at a reasonable number for the next two years as well.

As opposed to the traditional 1 year deal and get yourself into a Zach Brown situation where he goes off and now you cant afford to keep him in the out years.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My source at work who is friends with a Bills front office person claims that Maclin has signed with the Bills, but it has not been officially announced as of yet until the paperwork goes through and is approved, FYI FWIW

Good stuff...

Buffalo has a strong influence of different cultures specifically Italian and Polish. It also has that old school mentality so it's foods remain fairly traditional. There isn't a ton of fusion and innovation. It's just classically prepared.

I have spent a decade in New Orleans, which is arguably the food capital of the world (certainly on a per capita basis) and there are certain things that I still miss. You can't find a hot dog to compare to Ted's, wings to compare to about 100 places, chicken fingers at Jim's, etc... Buffalo has GREAT late night food. The really good restaurants (Sinatra's comes to mind) would be really good restaurants in any city in the country. Your entrees wouldn't be $45 each though; they'd be like $27. I think that the food in Buffalo is one of the biggest surprises to people that move to WNY. I think that people think rust belt and assume the worst. Some of those places (specifically Cleveland) are booming culinary cities. Chefs like Michael Symon, Jonathan Sawyer and Zach Burrell have remade that whole place along with LeBron.

Excellent post.

It's sad. Vic used to be one of my favorite reporters.

Since he started at BN I feel his work has declined

CBF

I know. I was happy when he returned, but man, it really has gone downhill.

So true on everything you said.

Santaserios on Niagara was one of those italian restaurants I went to as a kid through age 30. Old style italian place, red checkered table cloths, drink wine out of juice glasses, big pots of sauce, pasta fagiola with peppers, lentils, huge meatballs.....can't find places like that anymore.

I used to work right down the street from Santaserios. I usually like newer, or more traditional Italian, but sometimes I just want some gravy (as they say in my area of NJ), meatballs and a lot of cheese. That place is fantastic for what it is: the classic Italian-American.

My source at work who is friends with a Bills front office person claims that Maclin has signed with the Bills, but it has not been officially announced as of yet until the paperwork goes through and is approved, FYI FWIW

Thanks. Hope it's true.

You the real MVP

Buffalo has a strong influence of different cultures specifically Italian and Polish. It also has that old school mentality so it's foods remain fairly traditional. There isn't a ton of fusion and innovation. It's just classically prepared.

I have spent a decade in New Orleans, which is arguably the food capital of the world (certainly on a per capita basis) and there are certain things that I still miss. You can't find a hot dog to compare to Ted's, wings to compare to about 100 places, chicken fingers at Jim's, etc... Buffalo has GREAT late night food. The really good restaurants (Sinatra's comes to mind) would be really good restaurants in any city in the country. Your entrees wouldn't be $45 each though; they'd be like $27. I think that the food in Buffalo is one of the biggest surprises to people that move to WNY. I think that people think rust belt and assume the worst. Some of those places (specifically Cleveland) are booming culinary cities. Chefs like Michael Symon, Jonathan Sawyer and Zach Burrell have remade that whole place along with LeBron.

Spot on with everything here.

Make sure you get to Roost and/or Aro Tapas next time you're in town...lunch or dinner at either are fantastic.

@CPTBobby: Grain of Salt alert. I have friends that work for #Bills said the deal is done, waiting on league approval and such before announcing Maclin

Exactly what the guy at work just told me...

You the real MVP

Not me bro, I just try and pass along the scraps of info I get, when I get them, lol.

I'm kinda jealous honestly, he knows a crapload of what's going on inside the FO, the guy is one of the only holdovers from the last regime.

Edited by matter2003

I really hope it is more than just a 1 year deal. I hate the one year deals because they tend to come back and bite you (Brown).

Put in a structure that has years but Options to you can get out easy but also have term. He is young enough to do like a 3 year deal that way.

Edited by MAJBobby

So true on everything you said.

Santaserios on Niagara was one of those italian restaurants I went to as a kid through age 30. Old style italian place, red checkered table cloths, drink wine out of juice glasses, big pots of sauce, pasta fagiola with peppers, lentils, huge meatballs.....can't find places like that anymore.

We pick up Santaserios on the way home from Bills games all the time!! It's always good! Edited by Kirby Jackson