Jeremy Maclin (Agrees to 2 year deal with Ravens)

Well Tyrod will have no excuses now. IF we sign him and he is as great or good as most say he is. Like I said before older and injured ,scares me. That new bride might slow that groin injury from healing. Ha.

Has he made any excuses for his performance?

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This statement SMH... It's not just you, but I don't understand the sentiment. Do folks here think Tyrod wanted all of his WRs from camp to go to IR last year? I'm pretty sure he'd rather have had a healthy Sammy, Woods, and Salas for all 16 than have an 'excuse'.

Time will tell. We will see what he is.

I can't see why anyone would be against us signing Jeremy Maclin, especially on a short-term deal. There really is no downside.

1) In my opinion, he is a better player than Robert Woods. And there is a good possibility we can get him $1-2 million per year cheaper than what it would have taken to retain Woods.

2) Free agency is over. Draft picks are signed. We still have plenty of unused cap space.

I can't see why anyone would be against us signing Jeremy Maclin, especially on a short-term deal. There really is no downside.

1) In my opinion, he is a better player than Robert Woods. And there is a good possibility we can get him $1-2 million per year cheaper than what it would have taken to retain Woods.

2) Free agency is over. Draft picks are signed. We still have plenty of unused cap space.

Easily so. It's not exactly a great time for a veteran to be released with most teams already having spent money in free agency. Hopefully the Bills will be the beneficiaries of this good timing with the need at WR there.

Top five fastest player recorded in 2015. Multiple news articles mention he is a speedster. He records a faster speed than Sammy warkins.

But hes not fast or a speedster.

You are wrong.

Maclin combine - 4.45. Woods - 4.51. Watkins - 4.43

I've always thought of Maclin as a guy who doesn't have top end speed but enough speed to get deep. Woods had barely enough deep speed.

There's no question that Maclin, when healthy, is a deep threat. I think of him as an elite #2 receiver (or a marginal #1). If healthy, Sammy and Maclin on the field together would be one of the best tandems in the league.

Maclin combine - 4.45. Woods - 4.51. Watkins - 4.43

I've always thought of Maclin as a guy who doesn't have top end speed but enough speed to get deep. Woods had barely enough deep speed.

There's no question that Maclin, when healthy, is a deep threat. I think of him as an elite #2 receiver (or a marginal #1). If healthy, Sammy and Maclin on the field together would be one of the best tandems in the league.

NFL.com says Maclin ran 4.48 at the combine

Interestingly enough, Zay Jones ran 4.45, and he isn't really considered a speed guy (rightly or wrongly).

i wonder where they ate last night. i'm surprised i haven't seen any reports about the details

right, it's important to know this. I will decide their chances of signing him based on that. I remember TT saying he goes to Chophouse every Fri night he's in town so wonder if they went there. Edited by YoloinOhio

Well Tyrod will have no excuses now. IF we sign him and he is as great or good as most say he is. Like I said before older and injured ,scares me. That new bride might slow that groin injury from healing. Ha.

I agree. No excuses.

That is a dramatic understatement if I've ever seen one.

The 2014 Chiefs team did not have a WR that caught a TD pass. Zero TD receptions from WRs. Zero.

Maclin came in the following season and caught 8.

He's good.

Yup.