Jeremy Maclin (Agrees to 2 year deal with Ravens)

I can't see why anyone would be against us signing Jeremy Maclin, especially on a short-term deal. There really is no downside.

1) In my opinion, he is a better player than Robert Woods. And there is a good possibility we can get him $1-2 million per year cheaper than what it would have taken to retain Woods.

2) Free agency is over. Draft picks are signed. We still have plenty of unused cap space.

It's not (just) your opinion: he is a better player than Robert Woods. Only Robert Woods and his friends and relatives would say otherwise.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that's to say that IMHO the Bills stayed the same at the #2 and #3 WR at a third of the price it would have taken for them to re-sign Woods, much less also Goodwin. I think Jones will be an upgrade eventually. But I'd love for them to get Maclin.

My view, too. As McD said before the draft, he thought the Bills #2 guy was already on the roster. Then they drafted Jones. So at that point they seemed set at WR. Then Maclin unexpectedly drops on the market. If they can sign him it's great team building.

And I have to point that Whaley was better than all his harshest critics suggest. WHALEY let Woods go and signed the Holmes, Brown and the others. WHALEY drafted Jones. And Whaley would have been in the hunt for Maclin, because Whaley had managed the cap situation well enough to give the Bills the room they need to sign Maclin.

People will say that McDermott ran everything since the day he took over, but he didn't build the scouting organization, he didn't single-handedly generate the evaluations of the free agents the Bills signed before the draft, he didn't scout Jones like the Bills scouting organization did. That was all done under Whaley's management. It doesn't make Whaley a god, but he was a capable GM.

Woods was injured, Groin ??

When Woods played injured, he barely functional. When he played healthy he was good, but even at his healthiest, he wasn't the threat Maclin has been.

My view, too. As McD said before the draft, he thought the Bills #2 guy was already on the roster. Then they drafted Jones. So at that point they seemed set at WR. Then Maclin unexpectedly drops on the market. If they can sign him it's great team building.

And I have to point that Whaley was better than all his harshest critics suggest. WHALEY let Woods go and signed the Holmes, Brown and the others. WHALEY drafted Jones. And Whaley would have been in the hunt for Maclin, because Whaley had managed the cap situation well enough to give the Bills the room they need to sign Maclin.

People will say that McDermott ran everything since the day he took over, but he didn't build the scouting organization, he didn't single-handedly generate the evaluations of the free agents the Bills signed before the draft, he didn't scout Jones like the Bills scouting organization did. That was all done under Whaley's management. It doesn't make Whaley a god, but he was a capable GM.

When Woods played injured, he barely functional. When he played healthy he was good, but even at his healthiest, he wasn't the threat Maclin has been.

Yeah no Q.B.Did not help.

NFL.com says Maclin ran 4.48 at the combine

Interestingly enough, Zay Jones ran 4.45, and he isn't really considered a speed guy (rightly or wrongly).

Wrongly IMO. Jones is going to be good. Very good. He's versatile. Can play inside and out. Trading up to nab him was a great move.

I love when this place breaks into food talk. That thread last year on the Sous Vide and other dining info was one of my favorite threads on here.

Food and Buffalo Bills go together like peas and carrots.....speaking of peas and carrots, anyone know the best way to saute' vegetables when paired with beef?

Food and Buffalo Bills go together like peas and carrots.....speaking of peas and carrots, anyone know the best way to saute' vegetables when paired with beef?

I like to start by sweating aromatics in whichever fat I'm using to cook the beef (usually either leaf lard, tallow, or coconut oil). Once the aromatics are translucent, I'll add my heaviest veggies and cook until they're just starting to brighten, then add the softer veggies. Once everything is brightly colored, add any greens (if using). Saute for another 30 seconds, add any sauce you may be using, and glaze for 30 more seconds.

Plate.

I like to start by sweating aromatics in whichever fat I'm using to cook the beef (usually either leaf lard, tallow, or coconut oil). Once the aromatics are translucent, I'll add my heaviest veggies and cook until they're just starting to brighten, then add the softer veggies. Once everything is brightly colored, add any greens (if using). Saute for another 30 seconds, add any sauce you may be using, and glaze for 30 more seconds.

Plate.

LOL. Thanks Bandito. I knew we could take a turn into food talk in this thread.

I like robert woods always thought he would be a great number 3 on a good team. He blocks his ass off and would do a lot of the dirty work inside.

His issue here is when healhy he was often asked to be a number 1 . watkins /maclin/zay would make a nice group.

this would give you above average starters at rb, oline, and wr hmm what position is left........

My question??? Is Bob Woods good enough to be the number 2 receiving option on a championship team? I say No...but I haven't researched it either!

I like robert woods always thought he would be a great number 3 on a good team. He blocks his ass off and would do a lot of the dirty work inside.

His issue here is when healhy he was often asked to be a number 1 . watkins /maclin/zay would make a nice group.

this would give you above average starters at rb, oline, and wr hmm what position is left........

We'll get a better idea of what kind of WR Woods is this season with the Rams.

Still worried about Safety depth.. granted idk how Poyer will play. Love the Hyde signing tho.

Plate.

Excellent advice. I'm also a fan of throwing them into a hot oven (450 F) if the heavier veggies crisp up nicely like broccoli crowns, or cauliflower.

We have no idea what Whaley did or didn't do this offseason which is typical Bills.... No idea who is accountable for what.

We DO know that he ran the football personnel side of the business until McDermott arrived. My point is that all of the decisions before McD arrived were his, and all of the decisions after McD arrived were based primarily on information Whaley's organization developed. So if we like what the Bills have done in the off season, a lot of the credit fairly goes to Whaley. Would Whaley have made all the same decisions (like drafting Jones)? I don't know. But Whaley developed all the information on which the Jones choice was made.

Yeah he might even have worse Qb play there. Poor dude.At least he will have the weather.Ha.

I too have reservations about Goff. Well, he's home in LA where he wanted to be and will have a chance to be featured much more than he was in Buffalo. .