Jeremy Maclin (Agrees to 2 year deal with Ravens)

Buffalo has a strong influence of different cultures specifically Italian and Polish. It also has that old school mentality so it's foods remain fairly traditional. There isn't a ton of fusion and innovation. It's just classically prepared.

I have spent a decade in New Orleans, which is arguably the food capital of the world (certainly on a per capita basis) and there are certain things that I still miss. You can't find a hot dog to compare to Ted's, wings to compare to about 100 places, chicken fingers at Jim's, etc... Buffalo has GREAT late night food. The really good restaurants (Sinatra's comes to mind) would be really good restaurants in any city in the country. Your entrees wouldn't be $45 each though; they'd be like $27. I think that the food in Buffalo is one of the biggest surprises to people that move to WNY. I think that people think rust belt and assume the worst. Some of those places (specifically Cleveland) are booming culinary cities. Chefs like Michael Symon, Jonathan Sawyer and Zach Burrell have remade that whole place along with LeBron.

I should also mention the late night food. I'm more suburbs now, but even when I was living in a part of Philly that had a thriving nightlife, really late night food was a rarity. Even places that did great food along with being a bar would shut down around 11 on weekends. The one place that was open to 2 am has shut down completely since I left. It is mind boggling to me, especially with the fact that most people up that late are really, really drunk and food really helps and there were a lot of bars.

There was nothing like Jim's. I have tried, in vain, to get an approximate chicken finger sub out here, and even the local Wegmans failed me.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope it is more than just a 1 year deal. I hate the one year deals because they tend to come back and bite you (Brown).

Put in a structure that has years but Options to you can get out easy but also have term. He is young enough to do like a 3 year deal that way.

Agree with this....

My source (who I am not at liberty to disclose) says the following: Maclin has signed with the Bills, but it has not been officially announced as of yet until the paperwork goes through and is approved, FYI FWIW

Plus they'll have to release someone, right? There are things to coordinate.

I should also mention the late night food. I'm more suburbs now, but even when I was living in a part of Philly that had a thriving nightlife, really late night food was a rarity. Even places that did great food along with being a bar would shut down around 11 on weekends. The one place that was open to 2 am has shut down completely since I left. It is mind boggling to me, especially with the fact that most people up that late are really, really drunk and food really helps and there were a lot of bars.

There was nothing like Jim's. I have tried, in vain, to get an approximate chicken finger sub out here, and even the local Wegmans failed me.

Same with me for old style italian food and pizza (Saratoga/Albany area)....just can't find anything like Buffalo.

Not me bro, I just try and pass along the scraps of info I get, when I get them, lol.

I'm kinda jealous honestly, he knows a crapload of what's going on inside the FO, the guy is one of the only holdovers from the last regime.

Overdorf? Edited by BuffalothruMyVeins

I really hope it is more than just a 1 year deal. I hate the one year deals because they tend to come back and bite you (Brown).

Put in a structure that has years but Options to you can get out easy but also have term. He is young enough to do like a 3 year deal that way.

Somehow we managed to not get comp picks after brown and gilmore walk. I think it probably comes down to cutting so many lousy draft picks

My source (who I am not at liberty to disclose) says the following: Maclin has signed with the Bills, but it has not been officially announced as of yet until the paperwork goes through and is approved, FYI FWIW

NICE!!! It would make sense. I remember the delay for the press conference with Mario. Not to jump the gun, but him not leaving this morning is a decent indicator.

How dare you people with sources hijack our food thread to update us on Maclin... create your own GD Maclin thread for that BS

Sorry :oops: I swear, this way I get to talk food and football in one thread. Call it fusion :flirt:

We pick up Santaserios on the way home from Bills games all the time!! It's always good!

Michael's in Niagara Falls is awesome too...Calzones that are literally an entire large pizza folded in half and falling off your plate that is 3 meals and a bevy of hot waitresses walking around

Overdorf?

Nope

You can ask my source...his name is Matter2003. :D

hahahaha, I'm just the messenger...I'm not directly linked to the source, I have a degree of separation

Give him a 3 year deal.

But essentially with March Triggers every year that was you can sever if needed. But also give you an option of keeping him at a reasonable number for the next two years as well.

As opposed to the traditional 1 year deal and get yourself into a Zach Brown situation where he goes off and now you cant afford to keep him in the out years.

They could afford to keep ZB. They apparently didn't want him.

I've been in Pegula's bushes since yesterday, they seem to be preparing for some kind of party. Maybe party for big announcement? All I've eaten in 24 hours are power bars, could you knock off the food blogging!

Edited by chris heff