Chick-fil-a coming to Cheektowaga!!!!

Wacka

Saw on the Buffalo News web site that Chick-fil-a will be opening a location in Cheektowaga. It will be at the location of the Famous Dave's on Walden avenue that closed last month. It will be just off the Thruway, across from Target and basically kitty corner from the Galleria Mall at exit 52.

Edited by Wacka

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess I'll see what all the hype is about. After the crowds die down a bit.

you won't be disappointed...the mc-chicken ain't got nothing on chick-fil-a...takes chicken sandwiches to a whole different level...and their waffle fries, with their endless signature dipping sauces are out of this world...

Edited by JaCrispy

Guess I'll see what all the hype is about. After the crowds die down a bit.

I do fast food a few times/year (usually when I'm traveling). Chick-fil-a is my first choice (followed by Wendy's) and the others do bad, bad things to me. It's still fast food, but the food and service is better than most. I also respect that they close on Sunday. But that's just me. Don't set your expectations TOO high. It is good, but it is what it is.

Almost too good to be considered fast food.

Popeye's is at the top of the next tier for me.

you won't be disappointed...the mc-chicken ain't got nothing on chick-fil-a...takes chicken sandwiches to a whole different level...and their waffle fries, with their endless signature dipping sauces are out of this world...

McD's is on UberEATS now, which is great, but Chic-fil-A needs to follow suit. If that happens, I'll likely never eat McD's again.

Things are too convenient these days...

A very good friend has a kid who works at CFA. They are taught to follow the Ritz Carlton practice of replacing "you're welcome" with "my pleasure". Little things make a difference. A cut above.

Here in Central Florida, they're very popular and extremely busy. I drive by several daily and the drive thru lines are wrapped around the building and the lots are full all day long. The one closest to my house is so busy, I bet they are pulling down $1 mil a week in sales. It's just off the interstate and is packed open to close 6 days a week.

A very good friend has a kid who works at CFA. They are taught to follow the Ritz Carlton practice of replacing "you're welcome" with "my pleasure". Little things make a difference. A cut above.

They never say that to me. I was just there Wednesday, and they didn't say that.

They never say that to me. I was just there Wednesday, and they didn't say that.

Probably because they have the opposite of "Wanted Posters" in the employees area. :)

I actually have noticed it in many locations, but I'm sure it's not perfect.

I do fast food a few times/year (usually when I'm traveling). Chick-fil-a is my first choice (followed by Wendy's) and the others do bad, bad things to me. It's still fast food, but the food and service is better than most. I also respect that they close on Sunday. But that's just me. Don't set your expectations TOO high. It is good, but it is what it is.

I am a couple times a year guy myself but I've never been to the Chick. I'm a Jack in the Box guy. Have been disappointed the last couple times however.

In hometown Atlanta it's so popular they have cops managing the traffic around these places. It's crazy! The opposite of Yogi Bera, it's so good no one would go there. (Or something like that.....give me a break!)

I must be the only one who doesn't care for this place. It's not awful, but it's nothing special. Jmo. We have several in Cbus and they aren't typically very crowded.

Nope. Same here. I agree, nothing special. They have them here. Too many other better food options. Must be a Southern thing like Sonic. That place is terrible too.

I respect the Sunday thing. MORE places should practice Blue Laws. Went to Indy 500 on Sunday. "Yep we will stop and get a few brews to pack in cooler for track." Little did anybody, but me, know that Indiana doesn't sell package goods (@ stores) on Sunday. Nice and convenient to avoid the whole booze thing! But, I could only use the excuse (that I didn't know) once before others catch on. I live right on Indiana Line. On Sunday I get my booze in Illinois and firearms and fireworks in Indiana. Thank God Indy is in middle of state.

http://mentalfloss.com/article/81963/11-filling-facts-you-might-not-know-about-chick-fil

Hope You win Wacka!

"...EVERY TIME A NEW LOCATION OPENS, 100 PEOPLE EAT FREE FOR A YEAR.

The ever-expanding chain has a tradition that hardcore fans eagerly anticipate. The First 100 program celebrates the opening of each new Chick-fil-A location by giving the first 100 people in line free meals (one per week) for an entire year. Customers often camp out to be a part of that select few, and winners have successfully flipped their passes on eBay for cold hard cash. According to the Tampa Bay Times, there is even one superfan who has attended over 110 camp outs and has traveled up to 2900 miles for a single opening..."

I have only been there once, and i noticed what great manners the staff has.

Reminded me of the staff at In-N-Out.

they don't serve your kind... :nana:

YAY! More garbage food for obese WNY'ers.

As if not enough of the women around here are whales as it is...

:lol: This made my morning....thank you.

Edited by JaCrispy

I must be the only one who doesn't care for this place. It's not awful, but it's nothing special. Jmo. We have several in Cbus and they aren't typically very crowded.

The food is nothing special, but the vanilla shakes. :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

I am just glad it isn't opening on Transit or NFB (although I am sure one of those spots is next) as Hubby would be there all the time for a shakes.

YAY! More garbage food for obese WNY'ers.

As if not enough of the women around here are whales as it is...

People like you just see what they want to see. It gives you a dumb narrative to find more stuff to complain about. Last time I checked obesity was a huge problem across America. It's also largely based on socioeconomic status. Plus it's a lot easier for women to put on than it is for guys anyway. This has always been the case. I'm sure you're ripped.

People like you just see what they want to see. It gives you a dumb narrative to find more stuff to complain about. Last time I checked obesity was a huge problem across America. It's also largely based on socioeconomic status. Plus it's a lot easier for women to put on than it is for guys anyway. This has always been the case. I'm sure you're ripped.

It is. You both are right.

Our whole society revolves around sitting on our asses and chowing down huge portions. Don't have to be ripped, just a healthy BMI.

We all need to eat less and do more work. And if it is easier for women to pack on pounds, they surely shouldn't be eating bigger portions. 1,000s of calories in a chicken sandwich meal probably ain't the best choice when You throw in the waffle fries.

Oh... And Chick-fil-a ain't on the cheapER end of fast food.

We went to In-N-Out in Daly City a few years back... Place was MOBBED on a Saturday... Needless to say, my son went in while I waited in the truck w/my throughly disgusted vegetarian daughter. She wasn't amused w/the conspicuous consumption. Oh... I had him grab me an "Animal Style" fries too w/my burger. :-)

If my daughter ever moves to Bay Area... Please, pray for everyone's sake she doesn't! She's your up and coming liberal protester! TOTO WE ARE HOME!!! ;-)

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Our whole society revolves around sitting on our asses and chowing down huge portions. Don't have to be ripped, just a healthy BMI.

We all need to eat less and do more work. And if it is easier for women to pack on pounds, they surely shouldn't be eating bigger portions. 1,000s of calories in a chicken sandwich meal probably ain't the best choice when You throw in the waffle fries.

We went to In-N-Out in Daly City a few years back... Place was MOBBED on a Saturday... Needless to say, my son went in while I waited in the truck w/my throughly disgusted vegetarian daughter. She wasn't amused w/the conspicuous consumption. Oh... I had him grab me an "Animal Style" fries too w/my burger. :-)

If my daughter ever moves to Bay Area... Please, pray for everyone's sake she doesn't! She's your up and coming liberal protester! TOTO WE ARE HOME!!! ;-)

I agree. Women and body weight can be weird. Men don't have babies. I know lots of women who eat well, work their a**es and are still a bit large. When it come to extreme obsity that's another story. I just don't understand why people worry about other people. If you are overweight (you're fault or not) that's you're issue. It's not my probelm to worry about. Making dumb statements that women in Buffalo are "cows" is slightly uninformed, and I feel the need to call such ignorance out. My point was that I don't understand guys who feel the needs to make these comments. That's why I said I hope the guy is ripped. There's a good chance the majority of us guys here don't have a healthy BMI. Have you ever seen the standards? They are quite low. In fact very few NFL players have a healthy BMI.

You have a liberal daughter? That makes me smile!

Exactly what we say every time we go to In-N-Out! Always impressed how consistently pleasant they are. One of the reasons we go back. I wonder if there are certain personality traits they look for in the hiring/interview process? Has to be right?

You have a liberal daughter? That makes me smile!

Not sure where you are going with this? She's 15 now. Around here, I am not touching this issue with a 10 pole.

But... I think I understand your comment Gug. You are a decent man and I very much respect that! That comment coming from a few others here, I may be a frightened.

...I just don't understand why people worry about other people. If you are overweight (you're fault or not) that's you're issue. It's not my probelm to worry about...

I think concern may have been a better verb than worry. Obesity has a direct impact to everyone, That is not an opinion but based on analytics (see info from links below). All of us absorb the spiraling cost of medical care and the increase in obesity is driving up our expenses for employer health insurance and workers comp.

There are direct costs those that result from outpatient and inpatient health services along with indirect costs such as higher insurance and lost work. The correlation with other conditions such as diabetes, osteoarthritis, cancer, etc. is strong. This is taken from https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/obesity-prevention-source/obesity-consequences/economic/

• Moderately obese (BMI between 30 and 35) individuals are more than twice as likely as healthy weight individuals to be prescribed prescription pharmaceuticals to manage medical conditions.7
  • Costs for patients presenting at emergency rooms with chest pains are 41 percent higher for severely obese patients, 28 percent higher for obese patients and 22 percent higher for overweight patients than for healthy- weight patients.8

If the obesity problem in the US would be addressed, Out of the $16 billion, Medicare could save more than $5 billion and Medicaid could save more than $1.9 billion.

This is from http://stateofobesity.org/healthcare-costs-obesity

Obesity now costs Americans more in health care costs than smoking https://www.forbes.com/sites/rickungar/2012/04/30/obesity-now-costs-americans-more-in-healthcare-costs-than-smoking/#2e3d181953d7

I would use the analogy of smoking. Sure, it is your right to choose to smoke but then you have to bear the consequences and those may be higher costs for life insurance and medical coverage.

I think concern may have been a better verb than worry. Obesity has a direct impact to everyone, That is not an opinion but based on analytics (see info from links below). All of us absorb the spiraling cost of medical care and the increase in obesity is driving up our expenses for employer health insurance and workers comp.

There are direct costs those that result from outpatient and inpatient health services along with indirect costs such as higher insurance and lost work. The correlation with other conditions such as diabetes, osteoarthritis, cancer, etc. is strong. This is taken from https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/obesity-prevention-source/obesity-consequences/economic/

• Moderately obese (BMI between 30 and 35) individuals are more than twice as likely as healthy weight individuals to be prescribed prescription pharmaceuticals to manage medical conditions.7
  • Costs for patients presenting at emergency rooms with chest pains are 41 percent higher for severely obese patients, 28 percent higher for obese patients and 22 percent higher for overweight patients than for healthy- weight patients.8
If the obesity problem in the US would be addressed, Out of the $16 billion, Medicare could save more than $5 billion and Medicaid could save more than $1.9 billion.

Obesity now costs Americans more in health care costs than smoking https://www.forbes.com/sites/rickungar/2012/04/30/obesity-now-costs-americans-more-in-healthcare-costs-than-smoking/#2e3d181953d7

I would use the analogy of smoking. Sure, it is your right to choose to smoke but then you have to bear the consequences and those may be higher costs for life insurance and medical coverage.

But but but Chick-fil-a would lose money... People out of work!

Not sure where you are going with this? She's 15 now. Around here, I am not touching this issue with a 10 pole.

But... I think I understand your comment Gug. You are a decent man and I very much respect that! That comment coming from a few others here, I may be a frightened.

Sorry, man - let me clarify and put your mind at ease .... I only said what I said because you're one of our resident Archie Bunkers (the kindest one :-)) and it's funny to me that you have a liberal child.

But but but Chick-fil-a would lose money... People out of work!

I guess they go work at Saladworks or similar. But, I cannot say if Saladworks or healthy fast food places have food that is really 'healthy' because I go to a ff place only 1-2 times a year. And it usually tastes great but I regret it later on & vow I will not return but invariably give it another shot.

Chik Fil A has good food, but the reason they are successful is they have a very rigid structure that emphasizes customer service. Don't quote me on all of this but I believe the employees are required to say please and thank you, they aren't allowed to display tattoos, they keep the place clean and are very respectful. There is definitely a noticeable difference between the employees at chik fil a vs. the mcdonalds,burger kings, etc....around here.

Chik Fil A has good food, but the reason they are successful is they have a very rigid structure that emphasizes customer service. Don't quote me on all of this but I believe the employees are required to say please and thank you, they aren't allowed to display tattoos, they keep the place clean and are very respectful. There is definitely a noticeable difference between the employees at chik fil a vs. the mcdonalds,burger kings, etc....around here.

Taco Bell (the ones I've been to, anyway) also heavily emphasize good customer service. They always ask, "how are you?" and when I respond and ask them how they are, they always answer and say, "thank you for asking."

That's all great information. I sincerely appreciate you thoughtful post. However, what can anyone do about it? I love fast food, and I don't have any weight issues. I don't want the government steeping in with some crazy fast food tax. People need to make their own healthy choices. My greatest fear is the government getting their grimy paws getting all over our health choices.

Health care does suffer as a consequence of obesity without question. The government loses millions of dollars because of it. If everyone became a healthy weight tomorrow would my taxes go down? I'm sure they wouldn't, the government would just find something else to waste money on. There is also a flip side. How many people are employed in health care fields due to unhealthy habits? America has continually dwindling (eventually close to none) good paying industrial jobs remaining. Health care is a huge industry. Peoples poor health habits actually benefit many. Ultimately there is a positive and negative side to every issue out there. I simply don't lose sleep over obesity. It is very low on the list of things that impact my life.