ESPN's Burke Projects the Bills' Playoff Probability @ 14.5%

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

without seeing the formula from which these rankings came from the initial elephant in the room to me, in the afc, is the ravens.... 5th best shot? really?

seems to me they've been trending downward since 2012. i mean, i remember thinking when they were 3-0 last year that they were one of the least impressive 3-0 teams ive seen in a long while and then they only got worse.

and color me a homer, but werent we within a game of the playoffs all the way into week 16? and yet the bills are ranked that low? debatable i'd say.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

without seeing the formula from which these rankings came from the initial elephant in the room to me, in the afc, is the ravens.... 5th best shot? really?

seems to me they've been trending downward since 2012. i mean, i remember thinking when they were 3-0 last year that they were one of the least impressive 3-0 teams ive seen in a long while and then they only got worse.

and color me a homer, but werent we within a game of the playoffs all the way into week 16? and yet the bills are ranked that low? debatable i'd say.

Like I said I dont want to dismiss it......but I wonder if these formula's incorporate the fact that the defense is about to make a scheme change back to when it was 5th best in the league.

I totally understand the veteran losses being incorporated into the formula

god the afc east is lousy.

I wonder if the Patriots* even bother game-planning for their AFCE opponents. They probably take a day, then start planning for the following week's opponent.

Like I said I dont want to dismiss it......but I wonder if these formula's incorporate the fact that the defense is about to make a scheme change back to when it was 5th best in the league.

i'm assuming scheduling and other things go into it as well.... regardless. we were in the hunt all the way up until a week 16 loss and the ravens werent scaring anyone.

I wonder if the Patriots* even bother game-planning for their AFCE opponents. They probably take a day, then start planning for the following week's opponent.

they probably just require the guys to show up at the stadium 30 minutes before game time.

looking at the schedule I think 5% is more realistic. I think after the first 7 games were more likely talking about

Sam Darnold rather then the playoffs.

Jets (you really think we cannot beat this team)

at panthers (maybe a loss)

Broncos (have not been good...who qbs this team)

at Falcons (loss)

at bengals (these have always been competative and we beat them last year win)

Bucs (they might have accumulated players in the offseason....but they were AWEFUL last year....win)

Raiders (Loss)

at Jets (win)

saints (win)

At Chargers

at Chiefs

Patriots

Colts

fins

pats

fins

After 7 game im my opinion I think we are actually having hope for the season

No way. Ernie Adams is probably in a hyperbaric chamber right now resting up for this season's 19-0 run. Minus a redonk catch by a guy who never played another game in Tyree, they'd have that record already.

they probably just require the guys to show up at the stadium 30 minutes before game time.

Belichick and Patricia fill in 35 starting spots with the B-list of itinerant laborers they recruited that week

most teams fans would argue that the O, D and special teams are going to revitalize to the best they've been in 3,000 years

NE, except for Denver and sometimes Baltimore, rules the NFL, not just the division.

They have an AFC East window, 30 mins before the game, til anytime before halftime. Show up after halftime and you only get to score once.

KC is a solid team. I doubt they finally have a down year just because Bills fans want it.

we've had a few threads with people claiming KC hasn't been any good during the Reid era

their record and the fact that being 3rd best in the AFC isn't that bad a thing didn't stop them

we've had a few threads with people claiming KC hasn't been any good during the Reid era

their record and the fact that being 3rd best in the AFC isn't that bad a thing didn't stop them

They make the playoffs. We don't. Bills fans shouldn't knock a team like KC.

Reid has done a great job in KC as he did in Philly, my complaints about him are correct but easily ignored on his overall achievements

he has never had the best AFC team, I can't criticize him for losing to a better team in the playoffs.

I don't expect this to change much this year either....

Does the same logic apply to Cincinnati?

A team that constantly makes the playoffs, but has a record of 0-7 during that time of said playoffs.

Does the same logic apply to Cincinnati?

A team that constantly makes the playoffs, but has a record of 0-7 during that time of said playoffs.

They haven't pulled off a Buster Douglas yet, and I have never expected them to. Maybe someday they can cash in on the Pats getting hurt or a huge upset paving the way for them?

so they've kinda figured out that the Pats are winning the division, and that's the crumbs for the rest of the teams hoping to eke out a WC.

okay, so that's what it looks like... geez...

I did my part to end the playoffs jinx. At the first home game of the 1999 season, the last year they made the playoffs, they handed out a commemorative coin. I have been using that coin as my golf ball marker ever since, and the Bills have not returned to the playoffs since then. On Tuesday, at the end of my league round, I ceremoniously tossed he coin into the 18th hole pond at Arrowhead GC. The Bills will now beat the odds and make the playoffs this year...

Yes it does. We don't even get that far.

I have to ask, is that all you can do is post negativity?

I understand, 17 years. a real good excuse to be constantly negative but doesn't it wear on you after a while?

doom and gloom seems to be about 95% of your posts and threads.

don't mean to pick on you but with a new staff and season ahead it could be a whole hell of a lot better than your negative outlook?

10-6 and a wildcard, I bet that would surprise the hell out of you and all the doom and gloom crowd and that is what I see coming. call me a homer, a nut case, whatever you want but I think they're on the road, finally, to success?

I have to ask, is that all you can do is post negativity?

I understand, 17 years. a real good excuse to be constantly negative but doesn't it wear on you after a while?

doom and gloom seems to be about 95% of your posts and threads.

don't mean to pick on you but with a new staff and season ahead it could be a whole hell of a lot better than your negative outlook?

10-6 and a wildcard, I bet that would surprise the hell out of you and all the doom and gloom crowd and that is what I see coming. call me a homer, a nut case, whatever you want but I think they're on the road, finally, to success?

I've posted numerous times that I like all of the hirings. However this roster is maybe average at best without good depth. Lots of work to do. And yes , I place a team that has made the playoffs numerous times, despite losing every playoff game, ahead of us. How could you not? I'll stick with my 7-9.