Tyrod: Sammy has "matured"....has a "new mindset"

Interesting comments from QB about his WR

http://billswire.usatoday.com/2017/05/18/tyrod-taylor-says-sammy-watkins-has-new-mindset-knows-what-he-wants/

While talking to the media on Thursday afternoon, Bills quarterback Tyrod Taylor spoke about Watkins and how he has matured over the past couple of months.

The maturation process has definitely sped up for him. Hes older in the league, he knows what it takes, he knows where he wants to get and hes working towards that, even down to eating right and putting the right things in his body.

Watkins character has seemingly shined during his recent recovery, something that his teammates have taken note of.

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he'll scream at Tyrod if he isn't on pace for 80+ catches :)

yes I agree... his agent won't have that. Fortunately I saw a stat that Dennison's WR1 gets a large % of targets in all of his previous offenses. Edited by YoloinOhio

I have matured in my job over the years, too. This is expected. That being said, I don't think Sammy's maturity ever limited him as much as his offensive coordinator, coach, QB, health and surrounding cast has. This is a fluff piece.

"the past couple months"? Seems like a pretty small recent window?

In general thought this whole comment was very strange. Never had heard of Sammy's maturity or character being held in question prior?

he'll scream at Tyrod if he isn't on pace for 80+ catches :)

He better. He had to hold a throw me the damn ball presser in 2015 and that yielded some results.

Think not having his option not picked up has anything to do with this?

I think the Bills are idiots if they let him out the door.

In what world is Sammy a bust?

Given his draft status, his productivity needs to at least match those of the pro bowl receivers taken after him in the 2014 draft. As I said before, he needs to stay on the field (injuries are a huge part of this equation, as we all know). If he doesn't have a big year, do you think he will be a Bill in 2018?

I have matured in my job over the years, too. This is expected. That being said, I don't think Sammy's maturity ever limited him as much as his offensive coordinator, coach, QB, health and surrounding cast has. This is a fluff piece.

Yep.

I guess this is better than when Stevie Johnson declared that he was going to start working out.

You continue to outperform your previous posts!

Ok so no more "little job" rants. Great.

Will you play football this year?

Imo

I want to know the answer to that too. Will you play football if you are medicall cleared to play football like last year or will you not play football.?

Now if only his QB can mature into a true passer...

They were one of the best combos in the NFL the second half of 2015. Now if only Watkins can stay on the field this year....oh that's right. You stated on the BBMB that you could throw the ball to Watkins. See you in camp.

They were one of the best combos in the NFL the second half of 2015. Now if only Watkins can stay on the field this year....oh that's right. You stated on the BBMB that you could throw the ball to Watkins. See you in camp.

your wasting your breath giving facts....crusher doesnt want to hear them

Sammy didn't need a new mindset... I think he needed a pair of new cleats... Perhaps a new playbook... It's TT who's mind wasn't right...

based on what?

In general thought this whole comment was very strange. Never had heard of Sammy's maturity or character being held in question prior?

That was my first thought too...

All y'all little jobs? You're making me look bad?

based on what?

His miserable snap-to-release time for starters...

I'd like to see TT put on big-boy pants and LEAD this offense... Take control of the tempo... I'd like to see TT be the reason we win 10+ games a season... If he does that, I'll give him all the praise that goes along with it.

Think not having his option not picked up has anything to do with this?

The pressure is on, the clock is ticking! Next deal sets you up for generations. Time to get very, very, serious. THAT is what declining the option does for you.

(Though I'm more of a 'wus, and probably would have given it to him.)

The pressure is on, the clock is ticking! Next deal sets you up for generations. Time to get very, very, serious. THAT is what declining the option does for you.

(Though I'm more of a 'wus, and probably would have given it to him.)

McD doesn't play that game :devil: I'm like you. I'm emotionally attached to Sammy and I think he's amazing. Im ok with their approach.

Pretty much my thought as well.

Sammy's maturity level and mindset are relatively meaningless when Tyrod fails to see him or deliver the ball accurately to him so consistently.

Love hearing about how he would be laying on the ground gasping for air after wind sprints... imagine if he actually put in the work

True, but wasn't his career derailed by injuries soon after that statement? That would be sad if his body fell apart after he decided to start putting in the work. Then again, it's more likely he was just talking ****.

Pretty much my thought as well.

Sammy's maturity level and mindset are relatively meaningless when Tyrod fails to see him or deliver the ball accurately to him so consistently.

But then again, if Tyrod threw him the ball while he was over on the bench, we'd all have EJ flashbacks wondering how the ball got THERE? :)

I think the way they played this will lead to a pretty good year for Sammy. No more sliding or looking for the sideline when he gets the ball. And I am a Sammy FAN.

Edited by Augie

His miserable snap-to-release time for starters...

I'd like to see TT put on big-boy pants and LEAD this offense... Take control of the tempo... I'd like to see TT be the reason we win 10+ games a season... If he does that, I'll give him all the praise that goes along with it.

His snap to release is because he can do it.....defenses are terrified of losing contain and breaking lose in their secondary.

We are moving into a new offense which might require him to have to get the ball out sooner in a WCO.......this year is gonna tell us a lot

Easy to act mature when there's no adversity. Let's see how Sammy's doing if/when there's a problem. That'll tell us where he is.

You know.....I agree with this

Would really like to see Sammy do the right thing (which often times is to just not do anything noticable) when the chips are down.

Social Media is not his friend

I still think back to that dirty knee to the ribs, preseason rookie year I think. That made this NBA "close out" argument look like sneezing near someone else. And some of the close out stuff is real. That was dirty, but I don't remember who did it. If my memory is correct, I hope he's out of the league.