Bills have Air Force WR Jalen Robinette at rookie camp

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite possible he'd have been selected in the 3rd round or so. He has good size, excellent hands, can fight for the call and seems to really like blocking downfield. I think our WR corps is set barring injuries.

Here's some good tape on him: https://youtu.be/DrHU0ct-_fM

OR...he doesn't get signed and there's nothing to see here. :bag:

Edited by scribo

Exactly. That's what I think will happen really. How would this be any different than the DOD saying that instead of 2 years that now you have to serve 4? I can't fathom how they could get away with changing the rules at the end. Robinette has to have some right of refusal, I would think.

Because the military is a different animal and not like a regular employer, once you are in they own you. Like it or not. Read up on stop-lossing.

Because the military is a different animal and not like a regular employer, once you are in they own you. Like it or not. Read up on stop-lossing.

It's a contract like any other. When I considered going the ROTC route back in the day, the contract was very specific as to my responsibilities and my rights. The military didn't OWN me or have the right to arbitrarily change the contract. Now, I don't know if Robinette signed off on changes a year ago, but it would have to be disclosed at a minimum. The contract that he initially signed had the provision allowing him to defer if he were signed by a professional sports team. That's it in a nutshell.

It's a contract like any other. When I considered going the ROTC route back in the day, the contract was very specific as to my responsibilities and my rights. The military didn't OWN me or have the right to arbitrarily change the contract. Now, I don't know if Robinette signed off on changes a year ago, but it would have to be disclosed at a minimum. The contract that he initially signed had the provision allowing him to defer if he were signed by a professional sports team. That's it in a nutshell.

....so then he should be grandfathered in under the rule in force when he signed, right?.........

@DPCollegeSports

Air Force WR Jalen Robinette does not graduate as Academy reviews qualifications http://dpo.st/2qXnyso

Well, that is one way to get around the restrictions, lol.

Look, maybe it's a dick move, and will make him few friends if he ever tries to reconcile being in the service. They did pull one on him, but I don't know if he knows the land mine he is resting on. Of course, he's Air Force, so he might not.

Either way, sign him now on the cheap Billy Beane!!!

@DPCollegeSports

Air Force WR Jalen Robinette does not graduate as Academy reviews qualifications http://dpo.st/2qXnyso

Wierd....

"Due to privacy-related concerns, we are unable to comment on the circumstances. We can say that the circumstances do not involve any allegations of criminal wrongdoing and are unrelated to cadet Robinette’s professional football pursuits."

It may be that being so involved with NFL prep he missed some paperwork required for graduation. My degree is listed in wrong class due to this type of issue.

I think Cardale Jones had that issue too. Degree sounded fake.

I think Cardale Jones had that issue too. Degree sounded fake.

Doubt his degree his fake unlike some who appear to have degrees in Drinking and Debauching on wall. He returned to college to complete college work so it is not a paperwork issue.

Sign him anyway. Then put him on the military reserve list until he serves his 2 years of active duty, or if he can't graduate because of this "issue," (which could be the DOD/Air Force helping him?) he can play instantly. Get it done. The guy is a stud player.

Once again our military intelligence at work... How stupid can the Airforce be. Let the kid play then make him come back and coach and recruit when his playing days are over for say 2 years. This bureaucratic BS at its finest.

How many athletes at the academies does this impact...hint very very very few. Like one tenth of one percent. The amount of negative PR they are receiving amongst potential recruits is exponentially bad. Does this sound smart, recruit a kid, have him become a potential professional, change the rules on him and they can't work something out?Jeez

@DPCollegeSports

WTF is up with that, don't they have counselors at the AFA? The article said it impacted 9 Senior Cadets.

Or, maybe they didn't complete a course and received an "incomplete" and he finishes the work this summer and graduates/is commissioned.