Bills have Air Force WR Jalen Robinette at rookie camp

@christrapasso

#Bills have Jalen Robinette (my No. 5 WR in '17 class) in for rookie minicamp. Recently ruled he couldn't turn pro (from Air Force) but...

...Robinette's agent is fighting for him to get past the new regulation, so he'd be able to immediately play in NFL

Jalen Robinettes hope of playing in the NFL immediately isnt lost yet. Heres why.

Robinette, Air Forces all-time leading receiver, was expected to be a mid-round draft pick before a military policy change

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/05/06/air-force-jalen-robinette-nfl-lobbying/

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they should make them serve their 2 years in the academies but they should be allowed to defer it if they have an opportunity to go pro. Honestly it hurts their recruiting otherwise.

this is true. they can always serve after their pro career as well. and think of the great PR the armed forces would get having so and so ex-nfl player in their ranks

Well considering our offense is similar to Air Force's, this should be an easy transition!

I love getting WRs from run heavy teams. They can be molded and you don't know their true value. Calvin Johnson and D Thomas came from offenses that ran an option.

Well considering our offense is similar to Air Force's, this should be an easy transition!

I love getting WRs from run heavy teams. They can be molded and you don't know their true value. Calvin Johnson and D Thomas came from offenses that ran an option.

Our quadruple option offense will strike fear into the heart of DCs. Move over Wildcat.

I'm surprised he wasn't drafted, I have to wonder if the change in eligibility was a driver behind him not getting picked. If he's cleared, this could be a really nice move as he has a real shot at making the roster. If the first 3 picks are day 1 starters, Rehkow takes the punter job and runs with it and we get ~5 guys who make the roster and contribute out of our later picks (not counting Peterman) and UDFA this will be a really nice draft class.

This is fantastic!! Maybe I am out of the loop but I just assumed he was drafted? He's a guy that has a chance to play (not just make the roster). This assumes that he wins his appeal (they usually do). I had NO idea that he was still available.

Its kind of a crazy story and got lost in the shuffle because it broke the day of the draft. The ruling came down hours before that they weren't eligible for athletic deferment. So he is required to serve for 2 years following graduation. Therefore not drafted. But his agent is fighting it, there is still a possibility.