Bills have Air Force WR Jalen Robinette at rookie camp

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@christrapasso

Notable Jalen Robinette @mockdraftable athletic comps (from 76% to 72.1%):

JuJu, Hakeem Nicks, Jordy Nelson, Dwayne Bowe, Deandre Hopkins

For the purposes of clarity, the general standard is comparisons of 80% and above are considered close enough for direct comparison.

Still, not bad company to keep.

No way does this get through for the Bills. Drunk Kraft would get his way though.

This has zero to do with the Bills' influence and everything to do with his agent's influence. If you're not familiar with Holland & Knight, they are a top tier law firm with connections all over the Hill. I see this one going our way. I'd argue that you cannot change a policy that's been in place clearly allowing players to go pro on literally the first day of the draft. You have to give players advance warning of this and allow them the opportunity to transfer if they want to.

This has zero to do with the Bills' influence and everything to do with his agent's influence. If you're not familiar with Holland & Knight, they are a top tier law firm with connections all over the Hill. I see this one going our way. I'd argue that you cannot change a policy that's been in place clearly allowing players to go pro on literally the first day of the draft. You have to give players advance warning of this and allow them the opportunity to transfer if they want to.

Was there not a instance of a DE that ended up having to serve before he could be let go to pursue NFL?

I seem to remember this but I could be wrong.

Was there not a instance of a DE that ended up having to serve before he could be let go to pursue NFL?

I seem to remember this but I could be wrong.

My point being that if it's a matter of influence, this kid has the right people in his corner. There was a policy in place up until the day of the draft specifically allowing players from service academies to spend their "active duty" requirement as reserves. This policy was scrapped and the new regulations went into place on May 1. The Air Force announced this shift in policy the first day of the draft. It's not like there was a policy already in place stating he'd have to wait 2 years and then he acted like he was surprised by it. This was a shift in policy from what was already in place and was enacted and applied to players who may have transferred out of service academies had they known the policy was not longer in effect.

Well put... It really was just sad to see everyone huddled around the tv at his home waiting for something that would never come. ESPN went back there several times during draft coverage too. It's like being a lil kid awaiting Christmas only to wake up early and find the tree up in flames, presents absent, an egg nog drunken Santa Claus that looks suspiciously identical to your neighbor Paco plowing your mother, while smoking Dad's special cigars.

NFL>Military Service... everytime.

God Bless Our Troops but, Daaaammmnn.

Sh** ain't right.

My point being that if it's a matter of influence, this kid has the right people in his corner. There was a policy in place up until the day of the draft specifically allowing players from service academies to spend their "active duty" requirement as reserves. This policy was scrapped and the new regulations went into place on May 1. The Air Force announced this shift in policy the first day of the draft. It's not like there was a policy already in place stating he'd have to wait 2 years and then he acted like he was surprised by it. This was a shift in policy from what was already in place and was enacted and applied to players who may have transferred out of service academies had they known the policy was not longer in effect.

Based on what you say here he should be able to get out of it.

So he's our new D'Rick? Only opposite background? Our undrafted WR camp hype!?

I would argue that Da'Rick had red flags that kept him from being drafted and those red flags proved to be correct in the end. This kid literally could not be drafted because of a shift in military policy. He had a solid mid-round grade on him. I don't think anyone is expecting him to come in and compete with Zay or Sammy, but I do think he could develop into a decent WR3.

I somewhat know him based on my job at the Academy and he's a great kid, not only says, but DOES all the right things. In my limited contact with him, he strikes me as the character type guy that Marv used to love. He's a hustler and hard worker and if he can take his talents to the NFL level, he could be a very valuable asset to the team. When he comes back for graduation events in 10 days, I'm going to try to run him down and find out what he thinks his chances are becoming a Bill.

I somewhat know him based on my job at the Academy and he's a great kid, not only says, but DOES all the right things. In my limited contact with him, he strikes me as the character type guy that Marv used to love. He's a hustler and hard worker and if he can take his talents to the NFL level, he could be a very valuable asset to the team. When he comes back for graduation events in 10 days, I'm going to try to run him down and find out what he thinks his chances are becoming a Bill.

:thumbsup:

Very cool. Tell him we're rooting for him and really hope it all works out!

As a Air Force vet I will totally be rooting for this kid