Bills have Air Force WR Jalen Robinette at rookie camp

Wierd....

"Due to privacy-related concerns, we are unable to comment on the circumstances. We can say that the circumstances do not involve any allegations of criminal wrongdoing and are unrelated to cadet Robinettes professional football pursuits."

We're just making an example of him.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because the military is a different animal and not like a regular employer, once you are in they own you. Like it or not. Read up on stop-lossing.

^ correct.

"Dad you were right." - my son when he was stop-lossed in 2010 and sent to Iraq.

How many athletes at the academies does this impact...hint very very very few. Like one tenth of one percent. The amount of negative PR they are receiving amongst potential recruits is exponentially bad. Does this sound smart, recruit a kid, have him become a potential professional, change the rules on him and they can't work something out?Jeez

a tenth of a percent of our active military is 1,400. it's more like one thousandth of a percent.

a tenth of a percent of our active military is 1,400. it's more like one thousandth of a percent.

This doesn't apply to all active military only military academies. Excluding the Coast Guard total student body of West Point, Naval Academy and Air Force Academy is about 13,000. So one tenth of one percent is 13.

I read somewhere if he fails to graduate due to grades, he has to pay back the tuition, and is then free to pursue the NFL... is this correct?

He should be able to drop out, and have the Bills pay back any tuition owed. He can finish schooling later.

It's a contract like any other. When I considered going the ROTC route back in the day, the contract was very specific as to my responsibilities and my rights. The military didn't OWN me or have the right to arbitrarily change the contract. Now, I don't know if Robinette signed off on changes a year ago, but it would have to be disclosed at a minimum. The contract that he initially signed had the provision allowing him to defer if he were signed by a professional sports team. That's it in a nutshell.

My understanding is slightly different. His contract signed over 2 yrs. to the AF on graduation. Last year a general reprieve (not specific to him) was granted that gave him hope. But this year that loophole was closed so he has to serve out his original contract. Did I get this wrong?