There are two types of Bills fans @ Two Bills Drive

The people that want to win need a QB. The people that want a QB want to win.

This. The OP presupposes a false dichotomy. It also adds on a bunch of ridiculous aspersions because it isn't a serious proposal.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, based on my personal point of view, it seems there are two different types of Bills fans on this forum.

1. Fan's that want to win
  2. Fan's that want a QB

Here is a list of some things I have read from fans that just want to win:

• Hopefully the new Owner / Coach / GM / Player does great and we win!
  • I hate the Patriots!
  • I hate the Jets!
  • I hate the Dolphins!

Here is a list of some things I have read from fans that want a QB:

• Mortgage an entire draft
  • Trade the best players on the roster
  • Fire every Coach / GM that doesn't draft a QB every year
  • Tank every season until we find a QB
  • Cry about Bill Belichick lucking out on a reject QB
  • Wish that they were Patriot fans

Basically what I am trying to say is that I am not with the QB hunters, but I love all of your posts and meaningless rants about finding the next "Tom Brady". Us fans that just want to win are kind of boring, and hope everything works out. We occasionally blow up and rant about the entire Bills organizational failures, and then return to our winless hole.

So, to you QB hunters, I thank you for interjecting a QB type response in every single post to make it a little more interesting!

P.S. - I really like the Nathan Peterman draft pick, but can care less if he ever starts a game as long as we win.

This post is exactly what wrong with any discussion today, instead of listening to the other point of view and responding with either a thoughtful counter-point or concession to the other person's point of view the response its this "the other side is stupid or their motives are evil" or an ad hominem attack.

What is your definition of fans who just want to "win"? Win 9 games? Win 10 games? Win a play-off spot? Win a wild-card game? I would like the Bills to keep searching for a QB because I don't think anyone can become a serious threat to win a Super Bowl with a top-notch QB. I've seen the team play in four Super Bowls and be completely out matched in 3 of them. Having the team even win the AFC championship and getting smoked in the Super Bowl isn't going to do it for me. Build the team to win championships not make the play-offs and that starts with a championship caliber QB.

Also, can we stop trying to put everyone in 2 categories all the time? It's a huge reason why our country is so disjointed.

Spoken like a true bleeding heart QB hunter. Can't handle the fact that there are winners and losers. Only interested in the participation trophy and getting ice cream after the game.

Us Bills lovers, we're more grounded and practical. We aren't ruled by our emotions. We're really smart. Anyone who agrees with us is smart too.

There are two types of Bills fans on TBD:

Those that should start threads, and those that should not.

Also, can we stop trying to put everyone in 2 categories all the time? It's a huge reason why our country is so disjointed.

This post is exactly what wrong with any discussion today, instead of listening to the other point of view and responding with either a thoughtful counter-point or concession to the other person's point of view the response its this "the other side is stupid or their motives are evil" or an ad hominem attack.

Dang tootin. :thumbsup:

Spoken like a true bleeding heart QB hunter. Can't handle the fact that there are winners and losers. Only interested in the participation trophy and getting ice cream after the game.

Us Bills lovers, we're more grounded and practical. We aren't ruled by our emotions. We're really smart. Anyone who agrees with us is smart too.

:worthy: We've already got the best QBs, all the QBs. By the time we're through, you're going to be sick of QBs!

Edited by DrDareustein

Two types on here:

1. Those who just watch the team and hope for something good to happen again, and have fun with it.

2. Those who freak out on everything under the sun on here.

I think some people just hate any Bills QB. I swear back on the BBMB there were guys that just said the same things every year and switched the QBs name. If you aren't going to actually support the team, and you aren't Jerry Sullivan i don't get why you would be a Bills fan.

I think some people just hate any Bills QB. I swear back on the BBMB there were guys that just said the same things every year and switched the QBs name. If you aren't going to actually support the team, and you aren't Jerry Sullivan i don't get why you would be a Bills fan.

The Bills have had Kemp and Ferguson and Kelly, not bad...

Playing the "Real Fan" card and dividing everyone on this board into two BA groups are two of the douchiest moves one can make on this board.

So, based on my personal point of view, it seems there are two different types of Bills fans on this forum.

• Fan's that want to win
  • Fan's that want a QB
  • I hate the Patriots!
  • I hate the Jets!
  • I hate the Dolphins!

Basically what I am trying to say is that I am not with the QB hunters, but I love all of your posts and meaningless rants about finding the next "Tom Brady". Us fans that just want to win are kind of boring, and hope everything works out. We occasionally blow up and rant about the entire Bills organizational failures, and then return to our winless hole.

So, to you QB hunters, I thank you for interjecting a QB type response in every single post to make it a little more interesting!

P.S. - I really like the Nathan Peterman draft pick, but can care less if he ever starts a game as long as we win.

I love you all so much!

To the nay-sayers that bring politics into a simple observation: Bless your heart!

To the nay-sayers who say I am childish for posting about an observation that I have made: Bless you heart!

To the nay-sayers that say these are the threads that will destroy TBD: Bless your heart and thank you for contributing to it's deemed failure!

To add on to my blessings, I'd like to mention a few things that have made this moment possible for myself:

1. The government which has clothed me, supported me, and has allowed me to serve this wonderful country in a time of war.
  2. The Bills fans that just want to win so bad that it hurts.
  3. The true QB Hunters that take that title with pride and continue to search for glory!
  4. And lastly, the tireless QB hunters who are on the brink of becoming Bills fans that just want to win. You will taunt, criticize, rant, scream, and cry until you submit to the real cause. Be careful though, some stay for a lifetime and grow more bitter with every Bills update. Their skin becomes translucent, and their back arm fat continues to grow. They even walk around with a bland, cut/off hoody that they wish they could wear. It's just a shame watching them struggle year after year.

On the flip side, I just love the Bills and can't wait to watch some football!

GO BILLS!!!!

1. Fan's that want to win
  2. Fan's that want a QB

• I hate the Patriots!
  • I hate the Jets!
  • I hate the Dolphins!

Nobody wish's they were a Patriot fan, because if they did they would just make their wish come true.

I am with you on the rest though. Good observations.

Edited by cba fan

I think that it's those that don't like the Bills and those that like the Bills less.

There are people here that are "fans" but haven't ever said 1 positive word about them. There is some good and some bad (which is why they've been right around .500 lately). I really wish people could objectively discuss but that won't happen.

This is my Dad. He hasn't missed a single play in the entire history of the franchise. Equally, not a single play ever met with his satisfaction. He grumbles 100% of time, while never leaving his radio or TV. I guess its how some people deal with it.

My biggest issue with this board are crusaders. Posting in virtually every thread, regardless of the topic, to spew their hate over a particular player, coach or GM. Nauseating.

There are two types of people in this world:

1) those who think there are two types of people

and

2) those who don't

LMFAO!!! So happy you are on board with those that thinks there are two types of people in this world.

If people are on this board you must assume they are fans. Where those people are in their own journey in life and the perspective they have on any of the topics is always going to be different. It is basic psychological society construct.

The reality is what it is and only that, and the rest is just conjecture and opinion. It would just be nice if we all understood that and acted accordingly. That, of course, will never happen. In the meantime, here we are.

I love the Bills no matter what. I moved over 4000 miles away to the center of Europe and I still find a way to be a fan of the team I grew up watching and loving. Through all the good, bad and indifferent, I made my choice and I am sticking with it.

Go Bills!

Well, to be fair.....all the QBs sucked except for TT and he's just ok.

This is my Dad. He hasn't missed a single play in the entire history of the franchise. Equally, not a single play ever met with his satisfaction. He grumbles 100% of time, while never leaving his radio or TV. I guess its how some people deal with it.

My biggest issue with this board are crusaders. Posting in virtually every thread, regardless of the topic, to spew their hate over a particular player, coach or GM. Nauseating.

This

no. You got two types.

Bbmb

The rest of the world

:)

In general...Everyone on here is a Bills fan.

The frustration and fun comes from wanting to be in control of something that we're simply not in control of. Giving an opinion that is counter to what the people in control are doing doesn't make you a non fan. This is a chat room. Chat away people!

Go Bills

Well said. We're all Bills fans but we just express ourselves differently. No intelligent person denies the clear and concise fact that landing a top 10 franchise qb greatly increases our playoff/ Super Bowl chances. And no it doesn't have to be Tom Brady. Who cares if there's 2 camps or 100 different opinions. We all just want to the Bills return to winning. Edited by LABILLBACKER

I am a huge Tailgate fan. Football is just a bonus.

Boom. Backed 100%.

Add in the fact that I love Buffalo/WNY, and there's my motivation for being a Bills fan. Fun on sundays, back to work on mondays.