Depth chart & outstanding needs

I would agree with all of that. I think we could use a LB that has coverage abilities and has started in the league before. Here's who I'd be targeting as added depth:

RB: Ronnie Hillman

LB: Sio Moore

CB: Alterraun Verner

S: Jairus Byrd

Not too worried about #2 Rb as long as JW fixes his fumbling problem and then add in Tolbert of course. Beyond that I'd agree that we need one more guy each at Safety and Corner, Last, I'd like to see a better option at backup DE brought in. Not sure what's out there right now...

Pretty spot on. Only two corrections I would make is

1.) I don't think Preston would sit behind Humber. Although I'm sure we'll be in nickel on 2nd and 3rd downs so Seymour will probably be on the field more often than either of them.

and

2.) The QB depth chart is probably going to be different on whom you ask. I don't think Yates will make the cut. I'm also not sure if CJ will make the cut, especially second string. He was brought in by the prior administration and not too sure he fits the mold of Dennison's offense (not that TT does either). Hopefully they tailor it to better fit TT. Videos I've seen though, I would say Peterman is almost more mobile than CJ.

thoughts?

I also think we need a veteran coverage LB desperately. A backup safety with range and experience. Another TE. Another decent backup LB. And a backup edge rusher.

A few of those should be easy to fill with cuts. We need to spend the money saved by letting Gillislee go on a solid LB, in the Zach Brown or Lorax pickup.

I also think we need a veteran coverage LB desperately. A backup safety with range and experience. Another TE. Another decent backup LB. And a backup edge rusher.

A few of those should be easy to fill with cuts. We need to spend the money saved by letting Gillislee go on a solid LB, in the Zach Brown or Lorax pickup.

Yea, I wouldn't assume we get anything from the drafted LBs.

While I don't agree that this will be the way that it looks opening day, I think it is worth looking at. IMO, number 2 RB, a depth corner and safety are still needs. This assumes the LBs that they drafted can play. Thoughts??http://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/buf

I think we got a real good #2 RB in the making with Williams, I think he's the future here once McCoy is done.

I would agree with all of that. I think we could use a LB that has coverage abilities and has started in the league before. Here's who I'd be targeting as added depth:

Hillman played for Dennison, no?

Ronnie Hillman is a great idea, particularly since he kind of duplicates McCoy's skill set - outside running ability, works well as a receiver - although obviously at a lower level. The Broncos regret letting him walk last year...

I think we got a real good #2 RB in the making with Williams, I think he's the future here once McCoy is done.

You are the only one that thinks that after watching him play. Good back in college but zero success last year. Didn't even dress most games

Ronnie Hillman is a great idea, particularly since he kind of duplicates McCoy's skill set - outside running ability, works well as a receiver - although obviously at a lower level. The Broncos regret letting him walk last year...

I think if McCoy went down a combination of Williams/Hillman would be able to step in and do a decent job.

Pretty spot on. Only two corrections I would make is

1.) I don't think Preston would sit behind Humber. Although I'm sure we'll be in nickel on 2nd and 3rd downs so Seymour will probably be on the field more often than either of them.

and

2.) The QB depth chart is probably going to be different on whom you ask. I don't think Yates will make the cut. I'm also not sure if CJ will make the cut, especially second string. He was brought in by the prior administration and not too sure he fits the mold of Dennison's offense (not that TT does either). Hopefully they tailor it to better fit TT. Videos I've seen though, I would say Peterman is almost more mobile than CJ.

thoughts?

Preston will play but doesn't have the athleticism to stay on the field at wlb.

Yates not only will make the team, he might be the starter by the end of the year. He knows the offense

Ragland, despite the talk that he's slow, can cover , trust me, his instincts and quickness will make him a good coverage LB. Preston was great find coverage in his 1 year in the 43..

The 2 rookies both sound like they can cover as well, though they may need some time.

RB I definitely don't see as an issue. We added a bunch. Got J Williams as well.

Safety scares me a BIT but you can't have every positional group filled with quality talent. Overall, I like what I see,

I must have been asleep when we picked up those new name DBs at safety. I was quite surprised we a didn't address the position in the draft. Is this position more or less secured with these acquisitions? Not exactly household names

I saw Williams last year....he is no McCoy...by any stretch anyhow. He looked plodding to me, a power back but not quick. Don't see a backup to Shady on the roster myself.

I don't want to ever see J Byrd on the field here again....he is slow, slow, slow............he would be the second coming of Drayton Florence

Edited by bigK14094

I saw Williams last year....he is no McCoy...by any stretch anyhow. He looked plodding to me, a power back but not quick. Don't see a backup to Shady on the roster myself.

I don't want to ever see J Byrd on the field here again....he is slow, slow, slow............he would be the second coming of Drayton Florence

was Williams suspended or hurt last year?

I know he played hurt but I didn't see anything last season to make me think Williams is a future starter. I didn't think he even looked like a viable #2.

I'm hoping his sophomore year is more successful but I don't share your confidence. I'd be looking through FAs for a RB if I became the new GM.

I'd also be looking at safeties and LBs. And if any veteran RTs became available, I'd be all over it.

Edited by hondo in seattle

the punter they grabbed as UDRFA might kick the Schmidt out of our Punter...Austin Rehkow out of Idaho...so I might change that on his chart....I don't think the depth order will look like that for QB's...wouldn't be surprised to see Peterman as #2 after the 53 is set with Yates and CJ battling for #3...I think you'll see Micah Hyde and Tre'Darious White in the P/K returner mix...they grabbed that RB from UB as an UDRFA - Jordan Johnson - his video didn't look to bad so he might squeeze in there...S is where my concerns are the most...I don't think they have anyone in depth to start if Hyde and or Poyer go down

I wonder why there's virtually no discussion about June 1st Cuts. Every year, name players -still producing- are let go by their teams for Cap concerns, making them eligible to negotiate with any team.

We could fill some of these agreed upon perceived weaknesses there.

This draft was loaded at RB and we did not select one.

Leads me to believe they are okay with the current depth chart at the position, or could be looking towards cuts that may come down.

Don't forget MG was found on the waiver wire by buffalo. Not like we can't do it again.

I wonder why there's virtually no discussion about June 1st Cuts. Every year, name players -still producing- are let go by their teams for Cap concerns, making them eligible to negotiate with any team.

We could fill some of these agreed upon perceived weaknesses there.

Because you can designate them before june 1 now, there's not the same flood of cuts there once was