As much as I liked the draft, the one thing that bugged me..

Logic

Was not taking a safety in one of the best safety classes in recent memory.

I realize that with all the Bills' needs, they weren't going to be able to select a player at every position of need.

That being said, the depth behind Hyde and Poyer is non-existent right now. If one were to get hurt, we'd have the likes of Jonathan Dowling or Gary Shamiel starting. Who? Exactly.

Furthermore, I was hoping for one more legitimate safety so that Hyde could slide down to big nickel on certain down and distances.

Any worthwhile FA safeties still sitting on the market? I have some faith that things will be okay at WLB, but at safety? Eesh. Frighteningly shallow talent pool on the Bills roster currently.

They said they felt good at the S position with with Poyer and Hyde. Truth be told we are one Micah Hyde injury away from trouble. Hope they add another guy once the wave of cuts hit.

any UDFA they could look at?

They apparently signed two UDFA safeties, but both seem about the same quality as the guys already on the roster behind the top two. Unless somebody seriously surprises in camp, they need another qualified guy at the position IMO.

With 6 picks at the beginning of the draft and holes at several starting positions, they were not going to be able to address all positions. I expect them to sign veteran backups closer to TC.

That's just it. They DID add more draft picks, but then lost them again by trading back up. The trade DOWN was fine, but I sort of would have preferred they didn't trade up in the second and lose that extra 3rd. That would have been a prime spot to take a legit safety prospect.

I would have felt much more comfortable drafting a safety rather than a RT, to be honest. Mills can be improved upon, Henderson and Kuoandjio have, in the past, shown they can be decent spot starters. Behind Hyde and Poyer, though? Nada. And even Poyer himself isn't anything to get excited about.

They apparently signed two UDFA safeties, but both seem about the same quality as the guys already on the roster behind the top two. Unless somebody seriously surprises in camp, they need another qualified guy at the position IMO.

That's just it. They DID add more draft picks, but then lost them again by trading back up. The trade DOWN was fine, but I sort of would have preferred they didn't trade up in the second and lose that extra 3rd. That would have been a prime spot to take a legit safety prospect.

I would have felt much more comfortable drafting a safety rather than a RT, to be honest. Mills can be improved upon, Henderson and Kuoandjio have, in the past, shown they can be decent spot starters. Behind Hyde and Poyer, though? Nada. And even Poyer himself isn't anything to get excited about.

Yea I would've preferred the two 3rds for the same reason but I think the front 7 will mask any issues on the back end.

there is time some time to go yet and McD is very meticulous. lets hope he as all the pieces in place by opening day?

I realize that with all the Bills' needs, they weren't going to be able to select a player at every position of need.

That being said, the depth behind Hyde and Poyer is non-existent right now. If one were to get hurt, we'd have the likes of Jonathan Dowling or Gary Shamiel starting. Who? Exactly.

Furthermore, I was hoping for one more legitimate safety so that Hyde could slide down to big nickel on certain down and distances.

Any worthwhile FA safeties still sitting on the market? I have some faith that things will be okay at WLB, but at safety? Eesh. Frighteningly shallow talent pool on the Bills roster currently.

They also have Colt Anderson and Trae Elston who they picked up on waivers at S

As far as FA, the best ones left right now are Donte Whitner (haha), Jairus Byrd (hehe), Matt Elam, Baccari Rambo, Michael Griffin and Deshaun Goldson..

We have to pray we can at least add a late cut as back up before the opener. It's a big potential weakness. Have to rely on our....new and as yet unnamed (or unknown) guys.

As far as FA, the best ones left right now are Donte Whitner (haha), Jairus Byrd (hehe), Matt Elam, Baccari Rambo, Michael Griffin and Deshaun Goldson..

i'd bring rambo back in heartbeat

i'd bring rambo back in heartbeat

Didn't you hear we are thin on depth? Don't need him knocking Hyde out!

Isn't one of the LB's we drafted gonna be converted back into a saftey? Not that that adds significant depth but it does help.

It's a warm body but even if he makes the move I'd look at him as somewhere between practice squad and special teamer this year. If he plays we are not better off than the other depth.

It's a warm body but even if he makes the move I'd look at him as somewhere between practice squad and special teamer this year. If he plays we are not better off than the other depth.

There is always hope I guess :thumbsup:

Any worthwhile FA safeties still sitting on the market? I have some faitIh that things will be okay at WLB, but at safety? Eesh. Frighteningly shallow talent pool on the Bills roster currently.

Valid concern. I would tend to agree. Tough to fill all the needs.

Well they must have been very high on the RT and Zay. I see your point, respect your opinion but the only reason I am on board with drafting RT and giving up picks to move up is because we can now make an already dominant group even more dominant and that's always a good thing imo.

If this kid is a stud that makes our elite # 1 rushing attack even better and gives Taylor better protection. With Miller having a superb year, we'd have zero holes at OL IF this kid pans out. And we have depth- Groy,Duccasse, Kujo, Henderson.

Corey Graham is still available.

Can't do everything in the draft. There are veteran options to be had if need be. And who is to say Dowling and Shamiel can't do the job? A rookie would be just as much of a crap shoot. Players need opportunity and then we will see.

It bugged me that they n didn't draft more linemen. More than a third of your starters are linemen. I think you have to draft for the line every year.

You can always find some Rambo to play safety. Actually, one of the two rookie lbs might play back there.