Question about Russ and his dual team president role...

You liked the North Korea style of boards like BBMB. Not everyone drinks the Kool Aid on here. Just don't look then.

Has nothing to do with kool aid and everything to do with intelligent discussion and respect for other posters. These concepts may be beyond you but perhaps you will get them one day.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You liked the North Korea style of boards like BBMB. Not everyone drinks the Kool Aid on here. Just don't look then.

...don't get caught up in your pompous omnipotence there Big Dawg.....BBMB had their share of the "PG-13 Gang", many of which were already members here, migrating over with their same useless crap....and TBD CERTAINLY has its share of "PG-13 Gang" members spewing the same identical crap as their BBMB brethren....hate to see the rarefied air on your high horse cause you to fall off back to reality....LONG way down......

What Pegula actually said about Brandon was:

"

Q: Terry, will Russ Brandon be involved in the search for a new GM?

Pegula: If we need to ask Russ questions, we're going to ask him. He's a member of the Bills' organization.

"

That's kind of a non-answer, but it certainly doesn't read as though Brandon will be intimately involved with the GM search.

It's only a non answer if you don't take into account the answers Terry gave before that question, regarding how the GM search will be a collaborative effort. Terry isn't dumb, he understands the optics of having a career loser like Brandon who has proven to be inept at football decisions advising him, so Terry makes an effort to distance himself from answering those questions directly.

maybe you don't fit in here bud. ever thought of that? bringing up that old board just makes it that much worse on you to those here at tbd who really don't give a rats ass about bbmb.

shame is, there are some good knowledgeable respected members from the old board that fit in well here then there are those that are doing more trolling and wasting space on the board with the repeated threads instead of just contributing to the already established threads of the same discussion. >>>>http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/193725-question-about-russ-and-his-dual-team-president-role/

your thread creations are not impressive and your koolaid drinking comments are classless and even less impressive.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

maybe you don't fit in here bud. ever thought of that? bringing up that old board just makes it that much worse on you to those here at tbd who really don't give a rats ass about bbmb.

shame is, there are some good knowledgeable respected members from the old board that fit in well here then there are those that are doing more trolling and wasting space on the board with the repeated threads instead of just contributing to the already established threads of the same discussion.

your thread creations are not impressive and your koolaid drinking comments are classless are even less impressive.

Well said

Russ is the President of Pegula Sports Entertainment. Its a holding company which owns the Bills, Sabers, Bandits and Americans. Each team has it's own independent operating hierarchy and Russ oversees them all. It's a big job and he's pretty far removed to day to day operating decisions of just the Bills. He's not making football decisions of any kind at this point -he doesn't have time to.

...nor does he want to.....know him well and he was INFINITELY relieved when Terry moved him into solely a Business Administration/Marketing role......although I did give him a ton of crap about pushing the Wrecks hire for tickets when he asked, "so what do you think?"...grabbed the nearest bucket quite frankly....TP learned his lesson...the line in the sand has been drawn IMO...........

Do the Russ fans/defenders on here think Russ didn't advise Pegula to extend Whaley 15 months ago? It is more plausible that Terry and Kim did that on their own rather than consult with Russ?

I highly doubt that Russ wasn't consulted on that decision, which is where my frustration comes from. I think we can all agree Russ should never be consulted on football related decisions, but it appears he still has a voice.

Do the Russ fans/defenders on here think Russ didn't advise Pegula to extend Whaley 15 months ago? It is more plausible that Terry and Kim did that on their own rather than consult with Russ?

I highly doubt that Russ wasn't consulted on that decision, which is where my frustration comes from. I think we can all agree Russ should never be consulted on football related decisions, but it appears he still has a voice.

Not that I don't think you're right but what exactly is Russ supposed to do when they come and ask him the questions about football decisions?

What was the phrasing? "Doug Whaley is so far up Pegula's butt he can see Russ Brandon's feet".

Yep. :lol:

I think he stayed at first as a condition Ralph placed on whoever brought the team. Pegs was then misted by Russ into thinking he was a superstar executive and gave RB even more power, but the past 2 years have been a real eye-opener. Don't know what options Pegs has as far as dumping him; we may have to settle for the current arrangement and hope he is truly far far away from football operations.

I'm beyond confident that McDermott won't be answering to Brandon on football matters. Whaley felt compelled to do so because Brandon & Nix were his mentors, and Whaley was in over his head. Brandon is good at the non-football business side, and for the first time, I honestly believe that's where he'll stay.

Have you ever met a company President/CAO/CEO/Top guy?etc? They don't have to work much because they have everysingle person below them to do the work for them. They hang out and talk to the owners, make public appearances and speak to the public, the dirty work is done by others lower down the totem pole. If Terry wants to bring in a new policy, or staff member/position, he tells that to Russ, then Russ hands the task down to someone a rung lower to take care of. Thats how business works

Yes, I'm well aware how major corporations are run. That's why I tend to believe Russ doesn't have as much "involvement" in football operations as many here believe he does.

Not that I don't think you're right but what exactly is Russ supposed to do when they come and ask him the questions about football decision?

Plug his ears and go "lalalalalala"....

No seriously, I don't have a good answer for that. My hope is that OBD gets to a point where Russ isn't consulted. I am rooting very badly for McD and his guys to come in here and take control and right this ship.

Easy he makes his boss tons of $$$$$$$

Not that hard to make money in the NFL and the NHL has revenue sharing.....hard to lose money in pro sports today. Buffalo fans also continue to buy tickets regardless......amazing that the Sabres still have a waiting list for season tickets. That has nothing to do with Brandon

Edited by nucci

No seriously, I don't have a good answer for that. My hope is that OBD gets to a point where Russ isn't consulted. I am rooting very badly for McD and his guys to come in here and take control and right this ship.

I think that the McDermott taking control portion has already happened. That's why I find it unreasonable to believe that Brandon still has a say in football decisions.

I definitely think we are closer now since the pegulas will be hiring the gm they want. I also get the feeling that Russ might have lost some of his clout after the "Don't let him leave the building" nonsense.