Question about Russ and his dual team president role...

Some of us believe he has made football decisions in the past. That's another debate altogether. My point is that it certainly isn't happening anymore or ever will again. This makes Brandon quite secure in his job. He's the marketing guy now. He doesn't have a greater role anymore. That makes firing him pointless.

He is involved. Believe me!

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fire him for what, stupidity that happened a decade ago, or the the conspiracies that you whiners have invented since he moved on from being an unwilling GM?

The dude makes money for Mr. Pegula. That's what his job is. That's a job he is very good at. The fact that you're butthurt, and refuse to listen to anything other than idiotic conspiracies does not make him bad at his job.

Fire him for what, stupidity that happened a decade ago, or the the conspiracies that you whiners have invented since he moved on from being an unwilling GM?

The dude makes money for Mr. Pegula. That's what his job is. That's a job he is very good at. The fact that you're butthurt, and refuse to listen to anything other than idiotic conspiracies does not make him bad at his job.

Its so hard to make money in the most popular sport in America and in an area with one the most loyal fan bases.

Us conspiracy theorists were right at Whaley.

Can you give us some first hand proof? Maybe your dealer is Russ's dealer?

I don't need it. Just like I told you Whaley was not in control of the roster and would be fired.

Its so hard to make money in the most popular sport in America and in an area with one the most loyal fan bases.

You crybabies were right about Whaley how? Please, I want to hear your revisionist insight.

Can you give us some first hand proof? Maybe your dealer is Russ's dealer?

So... we can't just take some random internet nobody at his word anymore?

Yeah. People wrongly equate winning with success at running a major sports franchise. Sabres attendance this year? Right in the middle of the pack. And the Bills are very profitable; it would actually be hard not to make a lot of money with an NFL franchise, but it's not as if the bodies have stopped coming. Again, the Bills - a very small market team (unless you throw in Toronto, which you really shouldn't unless you have like a .20 factor or something) - fell right in the middle of the pack. So on the "do his teams win?" account, he's a miserable failure. On the "does he make his bosses money?" account, he's a double winner.

Is it his job to put a winner on the field though? I would put that under the job of the GM/Head Coach/Players. Thats like saying that the Head coach is responsible for making the owner money

Agreed. I was being facetious but really don't want to get into any kind of political discussion here. It was a joke, and not a slam at Canada but at him.

I know, just had to take the shot

Meaning no offense, but can you offer any information (source, your own role etc) to bolster the credibility of what you say? IOW why should we believe you?

It's on the internet. You can't put anything that's not true in the internet. Edited by The Wiz

I don't need it. Just like I told you Whaley was not in control of the roster and would be fired.

If it's so easy to make money in the NFL, why do teams even have marketing departments?

Meaning no offense, but can you offer any information (source, your own role etc) to bolster the credibility of what you say? IOW why should we believe you?

A family friend went to college with Russ and is still good friends. He told me a couple years ago, Russ still has a lot of pull on football decisions.