Question about Russ and his dual team president role...

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I definitely think we are closer now since the pegulas will be hiring the gm they want. I also get the feeling that Russ might have lost some of his clout after the "Don't let him leave the building" nonsense.

Will the Pegulas be hiring the GM they want? or will McDermott be the one doing the hiring? We shall find out soon.

Others have held it. It depends on the guy and the structure. A lot of the tasks overlap a lot. He can have a shared ticket office with slightly more robust management structures in it and it doesn't add any real work to his plate, for instance.

He's not sitting down to run two unrelated companies

I think you are mistaken. It's the analytics department that is robust, not the ticket office.

Will the Pegulas be hiring the GM they want? or will McDermott be the one doing the hiring? We shall find out soon.

well hopefully McD will have some say in the process and we can finally have a coach and gm that aren't against one another more often than not.

I believe he has had a heavy hand on football matters... and it seems he has been moved out a bit, as the pegulas want to the ones playing with the toy. Brandon is their most senior executive and closest advisor (for both teams) which i dont like. Since Brandon has been raised to the top levels of bills management, the team has been so wrong so frequently. I wouldnt trust his input at all, unless i wanted to confirm what they shouldnt do.

As far as "marketing" goes. I, too could do the job and lead the bills to last in revenue and lowest franchise value. I also dont attribute the wjc, combine, and frozen 4 to him. The combine was already here, and the wjc was a multi year process that brandon was on board for the last couple months.

Business wise, i feel like both teams could use new blood in the way of how they are marketed and laid out to the fans. I have lived in other markets and both organizations are minor league.

I am a season ticket holder for the sabres and things have gotten worse. Having a season ticket card to replace tickets, 1 per account is awful. The fan "appreciation" giveaway of one buffalo "sunglasses" was literally insulting. Game presentations are terrible. Everything around both teams seems lazily done.

Edited by May Day 10

You liked the North Korea style of boards like BBMB. Not everyone drinks the Kool Aid on here. Just don't look then.

Says the guy with 400 posts to the guy with 14,000 posts here

You beilive what you want, I will beilive what i want.

Hokay, so when you say "(Brandon) is involved (in football decisions), believe me", you don't, in fact, know Jack Sh** about whether he is or not, you're just believing what you want to believe.

Got it, thanks!

Go do another bong hit. In mom's basement.

You should have been banned permanently yesterday for tipping.

...medical marijuana is hardly the end all cure all for all ailments...be patient grasshopper...........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

As GM he was horrid, he was in over his head and I'm sure deep down he knew it too. I believe he did it at Ralph's request and did the best he could. He was glad to step out of the job and as long as he is not making football decisions (which I could safely guess he isn't doing any more with McD there) and sticks with the P/R, branding, marketing/merchandising stuff, I have no problem with him doing it. A team on a 17 year playoff drought needs some help staying relevant and he seems to be able to accomplish that.

Keep on whining cause he's not going anywhere, you can thank him for the NHL combine, the world Juniors, the NCAA tourney, etc coming to Buffalo. He's damn good at his job

None of those things have anything to do with the Bills or Sabres getting their stuff straight. Those things mentioned have more to do with our community and tourism dollars.

None of those things have anything to do with the Bills or Sabres getting their stuff straight. Those things mentioned have more to do with our community and tourism dollars.

my point, its his job and he's good at it

It's relevant to the question asked. How does Russ still have a job? Because he markets the hell out of buffalo.