Question about Russ and his dual team president role...

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

His job is to sell tickets. Seems to me he's the one doing their job there...

His job is team president of both the Sabres and Bills. I can assure you he does far more than just sell tickets. Don't be ignorant like so many others here. And to clarify I'm NO fan of Brandon's at all. I'd love him to be gone. But he does much more than marketing. Edited by Billznut

It's relevant to the question asked. How does Russ still have a job? Because he markets the hell out of buffalo.

Its relevant because now he is the man who brings all to Buffalo- im enlightened now. Honestly tho, I dont think we really know if he is good or not- none of us know his performance measures etc. one thing many on here do look at is trends- and the Bills/Sabres have a trend of losing and Russ is a constant in said organizations

They have been selling season tickets before Russ and will be after. I've have had season tickets in my family since the 60's

Me too- since the franchise started- theres alot of factors that go into more season ticket sales- one being a much better economy in WNY.

Until he is gone, i have a feeling nothing is going to change.

Because he consistently sells a mediocre product...that's his only job, and he's the best at it in the NFL by a long shot.

Nobody buys mediocrity like Bills fans, we've done it for nearly two decades. #PlayoffCaliber

Its relevant because now he is the man who brings all to Buffalo- im enlightened now. Honestly tho, I dont think we really know if he is good or not- none of us know his performance measures etc. one thing many on here do look at is trends- and the Bills/Sabres have a trend of losing and Russ is a constant in said organizations

If I was Brandon I would run down to the executive washroom and check if my key still works. Like. Right now.

Edited by cba fan

Because he consistently sells a mediocre product...that's his only job, and he's the best at it in the NFL by a long shot.

Nobody buys mediocrity like Bills fans, we've done it for nearly two decades. #PlayoffCaliber

Its Buffalo, it is like Green Bay. Will always sell, no matter what. Not much else to spend our extra money on.

His performance metrics revolve around revenue, brand management and to a lesser extent community involvement. Sponsorship revenue, ticket revenue, broadcast revenue (locally), facilities, brand loyalty and governmental negotiations. In a nutshell, that is what he is in charge of (at least on a macro level). If you are happy with the lease, the number of tickets, naming rights, etc... you should be happy with the job he is doing. If you think that they are failing in those areas you should not like the job that he is doing.

I can tell you he has a very strong reputation around sports because of the success that they have had in a tough situation. I don't know what his contract looks like but you best believe he will have team president opportunities once his non-compete expires if he were to go free. I don't know if he'd do it again but will have the chance.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

His accolades that aren't related to the sabres/bills have already been noted in this thread. If you honestly think he is the problem with both teams in regard to all the issues that they have had then I think you think he has as much power as the pegulas. I don't know that he doesn't but don't think he's anywhere near involved as he was 4-5 years ago.

I do believe he was involved in the rex hire because that would sell tickets for sure but think that was his last big influence on the bills.

I can't even think of what he has done to the sabres since they were in tank mode after he was promoted to President.

Edited by The Wiz

Russ Brandon has worked in NFL circles for twenty years or so. He knows people across the league. If the Pegula's did not ask him for input they would be ignorant. Being asked for insight, and providing an opinion is not the same as making the decision on who is hired.

Rex Ryan and Rob Ryan also worked in NFL circles for 20 years!!! You cannot seriously tell me that EXPERIENCE alone is the end all be all. It is RESULTS that matter, and Russ Brandon has FAILED MISERABLY as this post trying to defend Brandon.

Rex Ryan and Rob Ryan also worked in NFL circles for 20 years!!! You cannot seriously tell me that EXPERIENCE alone is the end all be all. It is RESULTS that matter, and Russ Brandon has FAILED MISERABLY as this post trying to defend Brandon.

they failed at coaching.

How did Russ fail at marketing the team/buffalo area?