RD 5, Pick 171: Nathan Peterman (QB) - Pitt

Whaley is absolute garbage, he wouldn't know a good QB if it hit him in the face.

Peterman will be lucky to be even a ok backup and we also have bum cardale, good job moron.

Your judging of QBs in the past speaks volumes. I'm pretty excited you don't like this pick.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Young high school and college qb's who have big arms tend to rely on those arms more than learning the important qualities necessary to be a high quality pro qb. The qb's without a big arm have to learn how to be an actual qb with the necessary reading of defenses, anticipation and pocket presence. It's the difference between "The Wild Thing" and Greg Maddox.

What in the world would make you think for any reasoning that Cardale Jones will be a star? A guy who couldn't even become a starter after winning a championship? Other than arm strength what have you seen to make this judgement? I'm just curious not being an ass, I want to know maybe I missed the game where he showed you this.

It's a small chance but it's a chance. The game isn't too big for him. He played on the biggest stage and he excelled. He's got a great arm. He has charisma and leadership qualities. He's fearless. He's huge. Whether or not he has the mental capacity to read NFL defenses and make good decisions under pressure in real NFL games is yet to be determined.

Dude on ESPN just said "Who knows what becomes of Nate Peterman, f he can develop some arm strength maybe one of the best draft picks in this entire draft"

Multiple times have heard EPSN guys say "just love what Sean McDermott is doing up there in Buffalo"

Say what you will about Whaley at least in the last 4years he has tried to do something at this position that has plague us for years.

EJ

Orton

Tyrod

Jones

Yates

Peterman

I'm 90% sure we will draft one next year in the 1st round unless Cardale, Tyrod or Peterman just completely breakout somehow.

I'd like it better if it read Tyrod, Prescott, Kelly. He's tried, just not quite right on the decisions

Dude on ESPN just said "Who knows what becomes of Nate Peterman, f he can develop some arm strength maybe one of the best draft picks in this entire draft"

Multiple times have heard EPSN guys say "just love what Sean McDermott is doing up there in Buffalo"

Too much positivity, I don't know what to do?! Guess I can always complain about the UDFA RB's and TE's we pick up.

It's a small chance but it's a chance. The game isn't too big for him. He played on the biggest stage and he excelled. He's got a great arm. He has charisma and leadership qualities. He's fearless. He's huge. Whether or not he has the mental capacity to read NFL defenses and make good decisions under pressure in real NFL games is yet to be determined.

Yup. He has the intangibles that can't be taught. What he lacks are things that can be taught. I think that's why he was picked at 5th as project.

That means we like espn this week I think

Like it a lot. In the 5th round this is worth the risk. Only question I have is who's the odd man out? Peterman, Jones, and Yates, someone's gotta go.

well, just ask yourself which one McD did not choose and I think you will have your answer...after next year, dumping Taylor will complete the QB house cleaning.

Edited by JaCrispy