Chiefs fans are laughing about the trade.

You're not sure what I'm saying? I'm saying that if Mahomes is a franchise QB, the Bills lost that trade.

Would you trade a rookie CB, 3rd round pick, and next years 1st for a franchise QB? If the answer is no...

Hey guys, what if... What if... What if... What if... What if.

Until Rosen and Darnold go 1 and 2 to the Jets/Browns

Don't sleep on the 49ers... Even with their defensive improvements - you're improving a league worst defense in both points and yards allowed. Bad on 3rd downs, bad against the run and pass. Oh and they have Hoyer and Gabbert at QB. There's a pretty good chance they're also terrible.

Edited by dneveu

With so many Super Bowl appearances it's no surprise that their fan base is arrogant. Like all drafts, time will tell who wins this trade but having three picks tomorrow and an extra 1st rounder this year while fulfilling a position of need is fine by me.

Well played, sir!

Edited by BobChalmers

You're not sure what I'm saying? I'm saying that if Mahomes is a franchise QB, the Bills lost that trade.

Would you trade a rookie CB, 3rd round pick, and next years 1st for a franchise QB? If the answer is no...

I don't know that he is a franchise QB - for Buffalo. Working with a 1st overall pick who struggled and ended up becoming a good player(and the polar opposite of what Mahomes is - takes care of the ball, doesnt drive it down field), as well as having a solid QB coach in Reid, will help Mahomes become a better player.

You tell me... The Bills never we're going to draft Mahomes then it doesn't matter.

You're right, the Bills were never going to draft QB, and that's pretty much my point. It's another year where we think the QB draft class will be better..."next year".

We're more likely to draft the next John McCargo with that extra 1st round next year than we are to use it as "ammo" to get the sure thing at QB.

You're right, the Bills were never going to draft QB, and that's pretty much my point. It's another year where we think the QB draft class will be better..."next year".

We're more likely to draft the next John McCargo with that extra 1st round next year than we are to use it as "ammo" to get the sure thing at QB.

Boohoo "The Bills didn't do what I wanted, I am so angry that I will throw temper tantrums all day today" Edited by Beef Jerky

I don't know that he is a franchise QB - for Buffalo. Working with a 1st overall pick who struggled and ended up becoming a good player(and the polar opposite of what Mahomes is - takes care of the ball, doesnt drive it down field), as well as having a solid QB coach in Reid, will help Mahomes become a better player.

I can't argue that at all. There's no doubt we've been ill-equipped to tame a QB for the future. It's possible that if we had drafted Ben Roethlisberger he'd have a similar fate to JP Losman.

I still want us to try though.

Boohoo "The Bills didn't do what I wanted, I am so angry that I will throw temper tantrums all day today"

Literally only one of us is acting like a child.

I can't argue that at all. There's no doubt we've been ill-equipped to tame a QB for the future. It's possible that if we had drafted Ben Roethlisberger he'd have a similar fate to JP Losman.

I still want us to try though.

Literally only one of us is acting like a child.

I am guess it is the guy who can't get over that the Bills didn't draft a QB...

Our Bills have up 171 basis draft points to do the deal so in fact using the traditional point system KC came out ahead

However 171 is not alot of points but it is another draft pick we did not get

Still I like the idea of the trade down

Much better than giving away draft picks for players that don't achieve the value of the picks

So I'll take all the extra picks

Just wish we had even more in 2018

By having not signed marginal FA's

jc

What was this point thing that I saw Howard Simon retweet last night?\

Howard WGR Retweeted

Bills (#27, 91 and 1st rd in 2018) got the better deal in #NFLDraftNFL_Draft_Emoji.png trade w Chiefs (#10) by getting 36.1 draft points & losing 19.9.

What was this point thing that I saw Howard Simon retweet last night?\

Howard WGR Retweeted

Sharp_Helmet_bigger.jpgWarren Sharp‏ @SharpFootball 18h18 hours ago

Bills (#27, 91 and 1st rd in 2018) got the better deal in #NFLDraftNFL_Draft_Emoji.png trade w Chiefs (#10) by getting 36.1 draft points & losing 19.9.

Boom and with next year's KC pck probably being 10-15 it will look even better.

Lol you are the only one in a fight... We are just laughing at you.

Who is "we"?

Here's the last thread you started, by the way:

Bills have drafted 5 QBs since Kelly retired...

In it you said this:

How pathetic, if you don't try you will never find a QB.

Here's the post of mine that you flipped out on:

Apparently some people just like to argue.

I love how everything is argued in absolutes. What if Mahomes turns into mid-tier starter? Do the Chiefs still win the trade?

No. They have a mid tier starter now. Why blow draft picks to bring in another one?

• Like (+1) 1

Who is "we"?

Here's the last thread you started, by the way:

Bills have drafted 5 QBs since Kelly retired...

In it you said this:

Here's the post of mine that you flipped out on:

Apparently some people just like to argue.

Did I say draft Mahomes?

Again you are angry b.c they didn't take the QB you wanted. They didn't take the QB I wanted, you don't see me crying like you.

Edited by Beef Jerky

I think that you have to remember that no one expected Mitchell Trubisky to be anywhere near the NFL draft last year at this time. Mahomes wasn't even considered a first or second pround pick. Darnold has very little film at this point, we don't know if he's a sure thing at #1. A lot can change between now and then.

This is true. At one point Matt Barkley looked like a lock for #1 overall as have other QB's along the way. Lets' see how it all plays out first. :thumbsup:

Did I?

The problem with a guy like you, is even when you're proven to be completely full of it, you do not know when to back down.

Pot and kettle talk right there. Back down they didn't draft Mahomes get over it. Wish all you want for him to be good so you can B word.

Why am I still talking to a "fridge"... So !@#$ing lazy can't even spell refrigerator.

Edited by Beef Jerky

You tell me... The Bills never we're going to draft Mahomes then it doesn't matter.

Pretty much this ^ If they though Mahomes or Watson were franchise they would have drafted them at 10. They did 100% what I wanted them to do if they thought those 2 were not the answer at QB.

I still would like them to swing on Chad Kelly very late this draft.

Edited by Real McCoy

Pot and kettle talk right there. Back down they didn't draft Mahomes get over it. Wish all you want for him to be good so you can B word.

I've never said I wanted Mahomes. You post so quickly, I'm not even sure you're reading half the time. I'm done talking in circles with you.

I think some Bills fans are upset because there wasn't as much "instant gratification" as they would like. Many would have celebrated a 2nd and 4th this year over what we got, even though next years 1st and this years 3rd is a better deal for us in my opinion. A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush...

Just checked a Chiefs message board and they are all laughing at how little they gave up.[/size]http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showt...=307403&page=2

Let them laugh.

History is definitely NOT on their side. Take a look at trades into the top 10 for QBs over the last 17 years. There's maybe 1 that worked out well - Michael Vick way back in 2000 (before mobile QBs were popular. That trade may not even happen today).

Other than that, it's hard to point to another trade into the top 10 that worked out. Sanchez? LOL

Let them laugh.

History is definitely NOT on their side. Take a look at trades into the top 10 for QBs over the last 17 years. There's maybe 1 that worked out well - Michael Vick way back in 2000 (before mobile QBs were popular. That trade may not even happen today).

Other than that, it's hard to point to another trade into the top 10 that worked out. Sanchez? LOL

How are you ignoring the success of the Reid era in KC? The Chiefs needs are something to help them get over the top, if the Pats stumble they will be right there to move past them.

Let them laugh.

I don't really care how it works out for them. I just want the players WE pick - to work out. If we get 3 good players out of this, it'll go a long way to pushing us into the playoffs.

Pretty much this ^ If they though Mahomes or Watson were franchise they would have drafted them at 10. They did 100% what I wanted them to do if they thought those 2 were not the answer at QB.

I still would like them to swing on Chad Kelly very late this draft.

I would take Kelly too. I won't dislike any QB pick from here until the end of the draft except if we take Kizer or Webb. I've come around to Peterman tonight if we decide to go that route. Edited by HappyDays
  • Haha (+1) 1

I don't really care how it works out for them. I just want the players WE pick - to work out. If we get 3 good players out of this, it'll go a long way to pushing us into the playoffs.

Same here. That's all that really matters at this point.

I loved the trade down. Thought it was definitely the right move for the Bills.

This is true. At one point Matt Barkley looked like a lock for #1 overall as have other QB's along the way. Lets' see how it all plays out first. :thumbsup:

Actually, Barkley and Logan Thomas were being heavily debated....to the point of ESPN devoting quite a bit of time to the subject.

They seemed like a lock that they'd both make it at least......it was just which one would be greater.

Last year there were a ton of people saying hold off on a QB because Deshaun Watson was a better prospect than Wentz/Goff.

No idea what will happen next year.

Actually, Barkley and Logan Thomas were being heavily debated....to the point of ESPN devoting quite a bit of time to the subject.

They seemed like a lock that they'd both make it at least......it was just which one would be greater.

Last year there were a ton of people saying hold off on a QB because Deshaun Watson was a better prospect than Wentz/Goff.

No idea what will happen next year.

This is true. Watson was my guy

we didn't trade Mahomes, we traded the 10th pick. how good Mahomes does has nothing to do with the trade for either side, and everything to do with chance and the quality of respective scouting departments.

we didn't trade Mahomes, we traded the 10th pick. how good Mahomes does has nothing to do with the trade for either side, and everything to do with chance and the quality of respective scouting departments.

How well Mahomes does MOST DEFINITELY determines KC's fate here. If he is anything less than their next Franchise QB they wasted a lot of resources.