H2o Mock Draft 2.0 - Major Changes Across The Board

H2o

So, I usually do one of these every year. Some years I have had more success than others. One year I actually got 7 out of the first 10, which included a couple surprises and 16 out of the 32 in total. Not bad for a guy who just watches football, NCAA and NFL, and talks Bills with some friends on a message board. This year I see a lot of uncertainty, but I'll give it a whirl. I usually update things a few days before the draft if I feel the need. Here is the way I see Round 1:

(edited: 2.0 version now shown below)

1. Cleveland Browns - Myles Garrett / DE / Texas A&M - This is the only lock in the entire draft. Myles Garrett is the best player and Myles Garrett is going #1 overall to the Browns. Stevie Wonder could see this one coming. Garrett reminds me a lot of Julius Peppers when he came out of UNC some years ago. Despite the reports and smokescreens being put out there I still see this as the only lock in the draft. ~ (same)

2. San Francisco 49ers - Leonard Fournette / RB / LSU - John Lynch said in an interview that he wants to get "stars" on his team. There are now other reports that they are not too high on Carlos Hyde anymore due to his injury history. Fournette is a player who fits the possible "star" bill and is also a replacement for the oft injured former Buckeye. ~ (previously Solomon Thomas)

3. Chicago Bears - Jonathan Allen / DE / Alabama - The Bears were in on trying to get Malik Jackson last offseason, but he wound up signing with the Jags. That is who Allen reminds me of. He was in the convo for being worthy of the Heisman from many this past season. That says a lot when you play on the DL. The Bears get an immediate impact player. ~ (same)

4. Jacksonville Jaguars - Solomon Thomas / DE / Stanford - The guy the Jags REALLY wanted was scooped up by the 49ers, but missing out on Fournette may prove to be a big boost for the defense. You can never have enough talented guys on the defensive front who can get after it and that is exactly what Thomas does. ~ (previously Leonard Fournette)

5. Tennessee Titans - Malik Hooker / S / Ohio St. - Hooker could very well possibly be Ed Reed reincarnate. A true ball hawk at the Safety position. His instincts are second to none in coverage. After looking over their offseason a little more I believe they will choose Hooker over Adams. Cyprien is the SS who will move up on TE's and line up in the box at times. Hooker will be the rangy ball hawk lurking down field. ~ (previously Jamal Adams)

6. NY Jets - Mitchell Trubisky / QB / UNC - I don't care that they signed McCown. I don't care that they have Petty. I don't care that they wasted a 2nd on and are now trying to talk up Hackenberg. There has been smoke surrounding this fire since before the end of the season last year. Tru is their guy and they were hoping the whole time he fell to them at #6. Ryan L. Billz now secretly becomes a Jets fan. I still think this pick holds Tru to form and Ryan L. Billz gets a jersey on order. ~ (same)

7. Cleveland Browns (via LA Chargers) - Deshaun Watson / QB / Clemson - After seeing the Jets grab Trubisky the Browns' hand is almost forced to move up here to get Watson. They can't take the chance of anyone else moving up to get him or a team like Buffalo taking him before they hit the clock @ #12. ~ (Browns trade with Chargers)

8. Carolina Panthers - Cam Robinson / OT / Alabama - The future of Michael Oher is up in the air, even though they say he is planning on playing. All it takes is one blow to the head and Cam is taking a beating for the rest of the year again. Robinson is taken not only because OT is a need, but also because it is an investment in their Franchise QB. ~ (previously Marshon Lattimore)

9. Cincinnati Bengals - Jamal Adams / S / LSU - Sorry Bills fans, but this is the absolute floor for Adams if you ask me. I have seen mocks that have us landing him at #10, but that is a pipe dream. Cincy needs Safety help and here you have a guy who has the potential to be a perennial All Pro. Easy call if he is on the board at #9. ~ (previously Reuben Foster)

10. Buffalo Bills - Marlon Humphrey / CB / Alabama - The need for CB is obvious regardless of whatever FA's we have signed. They seem to have more interest in Humphrey than they do Lattimore and I can't blame them due to Lattimore's injury history. They would love a trade down scenario, but there isn't an instance where I see us having a partner willing to pony up what it would take. The Bills stand pat and take their #1 CB. ~ (previously Jabrill Peppers)

11. New Orleans Saints - Reuben Foster / LB / Alabama - I know they signed Klein and Te'o in FA, but neither of those guys are in the same league as Foster talent wise. This is a very solid get for the NO defense as he can quarterback that side of the ball for years to come. ~ (previously Marlon Humphrey)

12. LA Chargers (via Cleveland) - Marshon Lattimore / CB / Ohio St. - The Chargers really need some OL help, but the talent on the board outweighs the needs on the OL at this point. They cut Brandon Flowers and could use an infusion of talent in the Secondary of that defense. They do that here with Lattimore. ~ (Browns trade with Chargers)

13. Arizona Cardinals - Malik McDowell / DL / Michigan St. - McDowell is drafted as the replacement for Calais Campbell, who left in FA. He's a very disruptive player that the numbers do not tell the whole story on. He will make a solid player for the Cards for years to come. ~ (same)

14. Philadelphia Eagles - Dalvin Cook / RB / Florida St. - The Eagles added play makers for Wentz in the passing game, now they get a RB who is labeled as the best all around RB in this class. Cook is a game breaker who can hurt you running the ball and in the passing game. A true every-down back at the NFL level. ~ (same)

15. Indianapolis Colts - Ryan Ramczyk / OT / Wisconsin - The Colts continue to build the OL around Andrew Luck, which should have been their focus all along. Ramczyk will start as their RT, which is a position of need. ~ (previously Cam Robinson)

16. Baltimore Ravens - Mike Williams / WR / Clemson - Steve Smith just retired and they are left with Mike Wallace and Breshad Perriman. Flacco needs a couple more targets in the passing game. Williams is the #1 WR on the Ravens board apparently and when he is still on the board at #16 it's not a hard call. Need meets availability here and Newsome gets a good player. ~ (previously Corey Davis)

17. Washington Redskins - Christian McCaffrey / RB / Stanford - The signing of Zach Brown gives them the chance to address an offensive need in the 1st versus going defense. Here they get the do-it-all RB from Stanford who could very well be the NFL's next to amass 1,000 yds rushing and 1,000 yds receiving in a single season. Gruden will have fun scheming ways to create matchup nightmares. ~ (previously Zach Cunningham)

18. Tennessee Titans - O.J. Howard / TE / Alabama - This is the 2nd pick of the 1st Round for the Titans. They get an elite S prospect with their 1st pick and the best TE prospect in the draft with their second 1st. It's a nice haul for a team that is on the rise. ~ (previously Mike Williams)

19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - David Njoku / TE / Miami - I know they have Cameron Brate, but they have also met with Njoku at least 3 times. They sat with him at the Combine, had a private meeting with him, and they also had a private workout. This would give Dirk Koetter and Famous Jameis some serious weaponry on the offensive side of the ball, especially after signing Desean Jackson in FA. ~ (previously Christian McCaffrey)

20. Denver Broncos - Derek Barnett / DE / Tennessee - The Vols all time sack leader will take Demarcus Ware's old spot along the defensive front. He is an athletic edge defender who can get after the QB, but still play the run well. He is also a good enough athlete to be able to drop into coverage. It is a nice get for a Denver defense that has lost a few players over the last couple of years. ~ (same)

21. Detroit Lions - Taco Charlton / DE / Michigan - The Lions need some serious help at LB, but the depth of the class allows them to get a bookend to Ziggy Ansah on the DL. Charlton doesn't even have to move from Ann Arbor if he doesn't want to because he is already that close. ~ (previously Hassan Reddick)

22. Miami Dolphins - Caleb Brantley / DT / Florida - The Dolphins could use some help beside Suh to help close that middle up on run defense. Brantley is thought of by some as the best 4-3 DT in the draft. The Dolphins get better with this selection here. ~ (same)

23. NY Giants - Garrett Bolles / OT / Utah - With O.J. Howard and Njoku off of the board the Giants look to help the OL. Ereck Flowers was bad at LT. Maybe he will be better served on the right side or even sliding in to a Guard spot. Either way the Giants need to keep Eli upright. ~ (peviously O.J. Howard)

24. Oakland Raiders - Jarrad Davis / LB / Florida - The Raiders need 3 LB's so this is just the first of two or three they take in this draft. Davis is a good player who tackles well and can cover. He loves to hit people and has a great closing burst to get to the ball carrier. I think he'll fit right in with the Raiders mentality. ~ (same)

25. Houston Texans - Patrick Mahomes / QB / Texas Tech - The Texans get a QB and they didn't even have to move up in the draft to do so. They surely needed one after Romo decided to take it to the booth this year with Jim Nantz. O'Brien has said it would be tough for any of these QB's to come in and start as a rookie, but Mahomes will likely do so because even as a rookie he will be the best they have on their roster. ~ (previously Ryan Ramczyk)

26. Seattle Seahawks - Obi Melifonwu / S / UCONN - The Seahawks have had multiple meetings with Obi. Obi blew up the combine putting up some insane numbers for a guy his size and performed well in the drills also. The Seahawks Earl Thomas was rumored to be contemplating retirement so they grab a S who could start getting his feet wet this year and eventually take over. ~ (previously Taco Charlton)

27. Kansas City Chiefs - Takkarist McKinley / LB / UCLA - This is a guy who can get after it off of the edge for an aging defense. Tamba Hali isn't getting any younger and Houston has been bitten by the injury bug at times so they use the pick here to infuse some young talent to go with Ford. ~ (same)

28. Dallas Cowboys - Gareon Conley / CB / Ohio St. - The Cowboys defense is the issue with this team and they lost some of the better players they had to FA. Conley is a step in the right direction by trying to sure up the CB position. ~ (same)

29. Green Bay Packers - Zach Cunningham / LB / Vanderbilt - The Packers have needed help at ILB for quite some time as they keep having to move Matthews into the middle. Cunningham will help to fix that need as he is a true sideline to sideline LB. I have no doubt that he will fit well into Dom Capers' scheme. ~ (previously Raekwon McMillian)

30. Pittsburgh Steelers - Tim Williams / OLB / Alabama - The Steelers could definitely use some help on the edge. James Harrison isn't going to be able to play forever. Williams can get after the QB and has the athletic ability to be able to drop into coverage. ~ (previously Charles Harris)

31. Atlanta Falcons - Forrest Lamp / OG / Western Kentucky - Regarded by some as the best overall OL prospect in the draft the Falcons get Lamp here late in the 1st. It goes to solidify an already pretty good OL. It is also a BPA situation in the minds of the Falcons' brass. ~ (same)

32. New Orleans Saints (via NE) - Fabian Moreau / CB / UCLA - And sneaking into the bottom of the 1st is Moreau from UCLA. The Saints have long needed help in their putrid Secondary and this is a selection in the right direction. If it weren't for the depth of the talent this year Moreau would have been off of the board earlier. The Saints continue to upgrade that defense after getting Foster @ #11. ~ (previously Obi Melifonwu)

Well, a ton of changes across the board. Hope you all enjoy reading and feel free to roast away if you deem necessary :thumbsup:

Edited by H2o

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You do a good job with these every year. It's very impressive.

I could see the Peppers pick happening. It would be a disaster IMO. I'm not sure how you can say he's a "football player" when he had one - ONE - interception in his entire Michigan career (in the last month of his last regular season). He's an athlete who lacks instincts and has no true position.

All of that said - yes, he's the kind of player I could see the Bills squandering the #10 pick on.

I'll start with the roasting, I don't feel comfy with Peppers at all. he's a great athlete but too small to be a LB and possibly too small to be a Safety. Being he isn't a great tackler he might be a great nickel CB and KR/PR but don't see him being all that great in the NFL except as a gadget player which is too much to risk on at pick 10 especially with Williams/Davis and Howard all left on the board.

I could see the Peppers pick happening. It would be a disaster IMO. I'm not sure how you can say he's a "football player" when he had one - ONE - interception in his entire Michigan career (in the last month of his last regular season). He's an athlete who lacks instincts and has no true position.

All of that said - yes, he's the kind of player I could see the Bills squandering the #10 pick on.

I'm with Coach Tuesday. Peppers would be a nightmare and the absolute worst case scenario IMO. He would even be a nightmare in a trade down. Taco Charlton is the only 1st rounder from Michigan IMO.

Wouldn't shock me if we picked Peppers, he is very versatile. Personally I would pick Reddick over Peppers, but the Bills brought Peppers in for a visit so you know they like him.

I would have trouble passing on Watson though, if he becomes a star we would regret that pick for the next decade.

You should add your mock to the message board, predict the pick group.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/193054-predict-the-pick/

Edited by billspro

Interesting draft. I'm not opposed to Peppers, but like coach said, the hype doesn't line up with the tape. He could be the "moneybacker" player that many teams are employing, but is that critical in McDs scheme?

I really hope one of the premier DL, S or CBs slides to us at 10!

Edited by TheElectricCompany

I'll start with the roasting, I don't feel comfy with Peppers at all. he's a great athlete but too small to be a LB and possibly too small to be a Safety. Being he isn't a great tackler he might be a great nickel CB and KR/PR but don't see him being all that great in the NFL except as a gadget player which is too much to risk on at pick 10 especially with Williams/Davis and Howard all left on the board.

Oh, I don't want Peppers either. But my gut tells me it will be him or a left field pick like Cam Robinson. Prepare for heads exploding on TSW.

Peppers definitely fits McD's scheme as a hybrid SS/LB, just hope that if they end up drafting him they trade down. As a comp, here's a blurb on Carolina's 1st round pick 2 years ago, Shaq Thompson:

Pick Analysis: In 2014, Thompson was the winner of the fifth annual Paul Hornung Award, given to the nation's most versatile player. Scored six touchdowns in 2014, two as a running back and four on defense (one interception return and three fumble returns). Started at tailback for Huskies at Colorado, rushing for 174 yards and a touchdown on 15 carries and had two receptions for 41 yards. Played in 40 games in his three-year career, finishing with 3.5 sacks, 15 tackles for loss, 16 passes defensed and five fumble recoveries.

Sound familiar? Thompson was more productive in college though.

Great draft!!! Let's waste the #10 selection in a draft that looks decent on the 3rd ranked safety and 4th ranked defensive back.

I mean really, who needs a quarterback? Or a receiver. We are SO deep there. And why draft blockers and/or pass rushers? Who needs them? Not the Bills! We are just deep as a well all over the field. SO deep that we can toss this pick on a safety (in the garbage).

You see, if this kid is "good," we will still lose football games. History proves this. And, we will lose him after his first contract. History has proven this too.

I am truly sorry to be harsh and trust me, I appreciate the effort. Are you very young? Do you not know had badly this team was ruined by drafting this type of player so high?

Edited by Bill from NYC

Great draft!!! Let's waste the #10 selection in a draft that looks decent on the 3rd ranked safety and 4th ranked defensive back.

I mean really, who needs a quarterback? Or a receiver. We are SO deep there. And why draft blockers and/or pass rushers? Who needs them? Not the Bills! We are just deep as a well all over the field. SO deep that we can toss this pick on a safety (in the garbage).

You see, if this kid is "good," we will still lose football games. History proves this. And, we will lose him after his first contract. History has proven this too.

I am truly sorry to be harsh and trust me, I appreciate the effort. Are you very young? Do you not know had badly this team was ruined by drafting this type of player so high?

You seem stressed.

I don't think he will be the first pick the Bills make.

Plain and simple, I don't think his value matches the pick at 10, and I don't believe just because he was brought in means they take him there.

On the flip side, that doesn't mean they don't like him, wouldn't trade back a ways or take him in round 2.

I believe his value is however, not as gloomy as some see him. After all, he is a fine athlete, and with the Deonne Buchannon thing gaining steam in the league it is not impossible.

Who the hell knows whether with a good scheme for him, he doesn't become a great player.

Edited by horned dogs

He was making a prediction Bill, he wasn't advocating. Your post wasn't nice.

After all, he is a fine athlete, and with the Deonne Buchannon thing gaining steam in the league it is not impossible.

I'd much rather have a player who can play free safety & slot corner (Tyrann Mathieu) then a player who can play strong safety and inside linebacker (Deonne Buchanon)

Edited by TheElectricCompany

Mocks are what you think will happen, not what you want, Bill.

Always funny how people get emotional over mock drafts. Unless H2o is actually Doug Whaley

Nope, not Doug :thumbsup:

Mocks are what you think will happen, not what you want, Bill.

And this is where I stand. Not wanting it to be the pick, but what I feel is going to happen and a rationalization as to why.

Nothing the Bills do anymore could shock me. Yes, that is a dark horse Bills type pick.

You are right and I did, and continue to offer up an apology.

As I said, I should take this stuff less seriously.

No harm, no foul my friend. I take no offense on such things. I expected to be roasted for the pick. I hope I'm wrong, but I get a feeling this is gonna happen.

So, I usually do one of these every year. Some years I have had more success than others. One year I actually got 7 out of the first 10, which included a couple surprises and 16 out of the 32 in total. Not bad for a guy who just watches football, NCAA and NFL, and talks Bills with some friends on a message board. This year I see a lot of uncertainty, but I'll give it a whirl. I usually update things a few days before the draft if I feel the need. Here is the way I see Round 1:

1. Cleveland Browns - Myles Garrett / DE / Texas A&M - This is the only lock in the entire draft. Myles Garrett is the best player and Myles Garrett is going #1 overall to the Browns. Stevie Wonder could see this one coming. Garrett reminds me a lot of Julius Peppers when he came out of UNC some years ago.

2. San Francisco 49ers - Solomon Thomas / DE / Stanford - The 49ers need help everywhere. They could go QB, but I think they begin rebuilding the defense. The new DC in San Fran is from the Gus Bradley/Seattle tree and Thomas reminds me of Michael Bennett. It's a nice start for the 49ers.

3. Chicago Bears - Jonathan Allen / DE / Alabama - The Bears were in on trying to get Malik Jackson last offseason, but he wound up signing with the Jags. That is who Allen reminds me of. He was in the convo for being worthy of the Heisman from many this past season. That says a lot when you play on the DL. The Bears get an immediate impact player.

4. Jacksonville Jaguars - Leonard Fournette / RB / LSU - As with the Cowboys last year the Jags look to take a player who will have an immediate impact on the team regardless of what they already have at the position. Yeah this is a deep RB class, but there is only one Leonard Fournette. He should immediately become their workhorse and take some heat off of Bortles.

5. Tennessee Titans - Jamal Adams / S / LSU - Adams is the best all around DB in this draft. He hits like a LB, covers like a CB, but lines up at the Safety position. He diagnoses plays and reacts very quickly. This guy could end up being a perennial All Pro and the Titans waste no time in making the selection.

6. NY Jets - Mitchell Trubisky / QB / UNC - I don't care that they signed McCown. I don't care that they have Petty. I don't care that they wasted a 2nd on and are now trying to talk up Hackenberg. There has been smoke surrounding this fire since before the end of the season last year. Tru is their guy and they were hoping the whole time he fell to them at #6. Ryan L. Billz now secretly becomes a Jets fan.

7. LA Chargers - Malik Hooker / S / Ohio St. - Hooker could very well possibly be Ed Reed reincarnate. A true ball hawk at the Safety position. His instincts are second to none in coverage. The Chargers have holes all over, but take a guy who will make an immediate impact for them on the defensive side of the ball.

8. Carolina Panthers - Marshon Lattimore / CB / Ohio St. - The impact of the loss of Josh Norman was as evident as it gets. A year later they draft a guy whom they feel could have the same kind of impact on their Secondary. If he stays healthy then he could end up one of the top CB's in the league within a couple of years because the talent is there.

9. Cincinnati Bengals - Reuben Foster / LB / Alabama - He'll fit right in with the rest of the convicts on this team. KIDDING, just kidding. To me, he has seemed like a Marvin Lewis type of LB all along. They also just released Maualuga. Foster will be a day one starter and a serious contender for DROY because he is that good of a football player. Hopefully he can keep himself out of trouble.

10. Buffalo Bills - Jabrill Peppers / S / Michigan - I know I'm going to get roasted for this one. It's a reach at #10, we are going WR or CB, there's no way, ect., ect., ect. The guy is a football player. You can play him at SS (which will be his primary position), you can line him up at LB in Nickel/Dime situations if you want, he's an excellent return man, he tackles well, plays fast, decent coverage skills, can go sideline to sideline, and he just loves to play football. Don't be surprised if and when his name is called on April 27th when we go on the clock.

11. New Orleans Saints - Marlon Humphrey / CB / Alabama - The NO Secondary has been putrid for years. They have been in talks with NE about Malcolm Butler, but they refuse to surrender this pick. They in turn use this pick for one of the better CB prospects in this draft. If they can work something out with NE down the line then the Secondary goes from liability to a possible strength.

12. Cleveland Browns - Deshaun Watson / QB / Clemson - I have seen some people actually mocking Watson #1 overall to Cleveland. Not gonna happen. Cleveland still gets their QB at #12 in Watson. Hopefully they continue making solid picks throughout the rest of the draft to stabilize the team around him.

13. Arizona Cardinals - Malik McDowell / DL / Michigan St. - McDowell is drafted as the replacement for Calais Campbell, who left in FA. He's a very disruptive player that the numbers do not tell the whole story on. He will make a solid player for the Cards for years to come.

14. Philadelphia Eagles - Dalvin Cook / RB / Florida St. - The Eagles added play makers for Wentz in the passing game, now they get a RB who is labeled as the best all around RB in this class. Cook is a game breaker who can hurt you running the ball and in the passing game. A true every-down back at the NFL level.

15. Indianapolis Colts - Cam Robinson / OT / Alabama - The Colts continue to build the OL around Andrew Luck, which should have been their focus all along. Robinson will start as their RT, which is a position of need.

16. Baltimore Ravens - Corey Davis / WR / Western Michigan - Steve Smith just retired and they are left with Mike Wallace and Breshad Perriman. Flacco needs a couple more targets in the passing game. Davis is widely considered the best WR prospect in this draft. Need meets availability here and Newsome gets a good player.

17. Washington Redskins - Zach Cunningham / LB / Vanderbilt - The Redskins still need major help on defense as they rarely can stop anyone. Cunningham is a sideline to sideline ILB prospect who will be a day one starter here. They could also go Jarrad Davis, whom I think is rising fast on draft boards, but I think the safer pick is Cunningham because he looks more disciplined on film.

18. Tennessee Titans - Mike Williams / WR / Clemson - This is the 2nd pick of the 1st Round for the Titans. They get an elite S prospect with their 1st pick and one of the top two WR's in the draft with their second 1st. It's a nice haul for a team that is on the rise.

19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Christian McCaffrey / RB / Stanford - They were hoping that Cook would fall to them, but they are pleased to land McCaffrey here. He can get you 1000yds on the ground, be a return man, hell, he might even get you 1000yds receiving in the same year as well. The young man is a Swiss Army knife on the football field. With the question marks surrounding Doug Martin the best RB on the board here is as logical as it gets.

20. Denver Broncos - Derek Barnett / DE / Tennessee - The Vols all time sack leader will take Demarcus Ware's old spot along the defensive front. He is an athletic edge defender who can get after the QB, but still play the run well. He is also a good enough athlete to be able to drop into coverage. It is a nice get for a Denver defense that has lost a few players over the last couple of years.

21. Detroit Lions - Hassan Reddick / LB / Temple - The guy is fast, strong, and a sure tackler. The Lions need some serious help at LB and get one that plays sideline to sideline here. A definite boost and a good pick for the Lions.

22. Miami Dolphins - Caleb Brantley / DT / Florida - The Dolphins could use some help beside Suh to help close that middle up on run defense. Brantley is thought of by some as the best 4-3 DT in the draft. The Dolphins get better with this selection here.

23. NY Giants - O.J. Howard / TE / Alabama - New York runs to the podium to make this selection. Some people will say there is no way Howard lasts this long, but I honestly think this is how the board falls. Eli Manning loves his TE's and this is the best one he will have had since Jeremy Shockey.

24. Oakland Raiders - Jarrad Davis / LB / Florida - The Raiders need 3 LB's so this is just the first of two or three they take in this draft. Davis is a good player who tackles well and can cover. He loves to hit people and has a great closing burst to get to the ball carrier. I think he'll fit right in with the Raiders mentality.

25. Houston Texans - Ryan Ramczyk / OT / Wisconsin - They need help along the OL and he is the best OL'man on the board. There have been questions about his affinity for the game, but he is too good of a player to pass over for the next man especially when it is a need.

26. Seattle Seahawks - Taco Charlton / DE / Michigan - In most other drafts, drafts not as deep with overall defensive talent, Charlton is a top 10-15 pick. This is just how the board falls and Seatlle picks up another really good player for their defensive front. He also fits that mold of an edge guy who can kick inside on passing downs which Seattle likes to use.

27. Kansas City Chiefs - Takkarist McKinley / LB / UCLA - This is a guy who can get after it off of the edge for an aging defense. Tamba Hali isn't getting any younger and Houston has been bitten by the injury bug at times so they use the pick here to infuse some young talent to go with Ford.

28. Dallas Cowboys - Gareon Conley / CB / Ohio St. - The Cowboys defense is the issue with this team and they lost some of the better players they had to FA. Conley is a step in the right direction by trying to sure up the CB position.

29. Green Bay Packers - Raekwon McMillian / LB / Ohio St. - The Packers have needed help at ILB for quite some time as they keep having to move Matthews into the middle. RM will help to fix that need. He's a solid player who will fit well into Dom Capers' scheme.

30. Pittsburgh Steelers - Charles Harris / DE / Mizzou - The Steelers could definitely use some help on the edge. James Harrison isn't going to be able to play forever. Harris is a proven pass rusher with the athletic ability to be able to drop into coverage.

31. Atlanta Falcons - Forrest Lamp / OG / Western Kentucky - Regarded by some as the best overall OL prospect in the draft the Falcons get Lamp here late in the 1st. It goes to solidify an already pretty good OL. It is also a BPA situation in the minds of the Falcons' brass.

32. New Orleans Saints (via NE) - Obi Melifonwu / S / UCONN - The Saints use another selection to aid their putrid Secondary. Obi blew up the combine putting up some insane numbers for a guy his size and performed well in the drills also. The Saints grab another player they hope helps to right the ship here.

I know there are some guys that others typically have mocked in the 1st left out and others in that some may not have in there, but there are different factors as to why things fell the way they fell.

100% agree it's Peppers.

Versatility is what McDermott seems to like.

He's our pick.

Peppers is just about the only guy I would hate at 10. He's better at returns and on offense than on defense imo. I would even be cool with OL, TE or DL over him. WR or DB is my guess, and the biggest need. A trade back would be ideal this year with all of the talent in the second and third rounds.

Funny NYJ #6 write-up...lol

After hearing Mayock rave about Peppers, I watched more of his film and he looks special. Granted, I watched highlight videos only, but I am not one who would hate the pick...as long as we go CB at #44!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.