What do Bills fans think of bringing back the red helmets?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You may be the first person ever to suggest Jacksonville's uni/helmet design is worth emulating.

The jags helmets look horrible, but the right color scheme could make that idea come to life if done properly IMO.

Two thumbs down.

And burn those hideous color 'rush' unis.

this is where i am. after going to the white helmets, i do not ever want to go back to the red. and those color rush unis...we definitely lost a bet to someone, somewhere. those things are hideous.

I love the red helmets, but I also love our current uniforms. I think it's absolutely crazy that the nfl doesn't let teams wear more then 1 helmet color as some sort of anti concussion protocol? As if it would be impossible to get 2 helmets approved for safety? Also going against common sense where you would assume wearing the same helmet that gets beat in every sunday, would be less effective and safe then getting a brand new helmet each week...or at least that's how I would feel.

If the nfl was smart they would let teams wear 2 helmets. Their usual one and then a totally different one for color rush. Then take all the helmets after the color rush, sign them all and raffle them off. Then take all that money and donate it to players family's with CTE and concussion research. Turn the color rush money grab, into something very positive. The league could use the good PR in an era of people just being !@#$s about anything that is successful. In that case I would ask for us to wear the 1999/2000 ish version of our away jerseys with red helmets as our color rush. But not red with the current. It wouldn't fit.

should go with white standing bison full time best helmet ever. with all white uni's , top five in league!

This is my favorite, but the current unis are excellent. No to red helmets and no to infinity red helmets and color rush uniforms.

I think it's exactly the sort of thing the Bills would do to distract the fanbase from the ****ty product they keep trotting out.

It happened in 1984. They did it because Joe Ferguson, who was color blind, was having trouble distinguishing helmets within the division.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/06/23/the-story-behind-the-bills-red-helmets/

I'm sick of Ferguson getting blamed.

If you don't like the red helmets, you may not like the Bills at all. -You might have also developed a weird codependency and addiction to losing... Either way, I'd OPENLY question your fanhood.

Here's why:

With the white hats the bills managed jus six playoff appearances between 1960-1981.. Just two AFL Championships in '64, '65..

At the height of red-hat times (1986-2000) They made TEN playoff appearances, FOUR AFC Championships, and FIVE consecutive AFC Championship game appearances. -That there is a WHOLE LOTTA production.

For the record, I DON'T attribute that success to the red hat exclusively, but to the 90's unis as a whole.... Bring them back IMMEDIATELY, and just watch us win!!!!!

As I recall, we went to red because all of our AFC opponents had white. It was supposed to cut down on the INT's. I like red, and we were successful with them, so why not?

we went to red because joe wanted to you must be young but NE was white back then but i think JETS were green

Two thumbs down.

And burn those hideous color 'rush' unis.

No

You don't mess with the best uniforms in the league. LOVE the white helmets!

Nope. We have the best unis in the NFL right now.

So you're all against re-introducing some of that 90's energy, and tradition to this dead-stick team.... Wow... Just wow...

I think it's exactly the sort of thing the Bills would do to distract the fanbase from the ****ty product they keep trotting out.

It happened in 1984. They did it because Joe Ferguson, who was color blind, was having trouble distinguishing helmets within the division.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/06/23/the-story-behind-the-bills-red-helmets/

Now our QB isn't just blind, he's terrified of throwing the ball! -A splash of red could help Tightwad Taylor loosen up..

110% yes. White lids are ok but just a tad bit on the boring side kind of like the Colts. They look nice with the white on white, but the red would make the sweetests unis in the league. Blue on blue with red helmets. Just think about that for a second. All you Madden players try it out and see for yourself.

kids......

So you're all against re-introducing some of that 90's energy, and tradition to this dead-stick team.... Wow... Just wow...

Now our QB isn't just blind, he's terrified of throwing the ball! -A splash of red could help Tightwad Taylor loosen up..

no

stop