Why Not Kick the Can on Adrian Peterson

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

"Kick the can"? So you mean like, keep putting it off?

Laughed at that too - has there ever been a more appropriate thread title?

This guy might just be a master of satire...

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MG has more to give IMO than AP, but even if AP could recapture some of his Elite form, I seriously doubt he wants to share the rock with McCoy. But going back to my original point, we have a three headed rushing monster already that was first in the league last year in TT, McCoy, and MG...so dont know adding AP to the mix makes any sense really. Plus, if AP is going to leave Minny on some cheap 1 year deal, I doubt a team searching for a way back to the playoffs is his first choice.

Raiders, Packers, Colts, Giants, Pats, Saints, etc all make a lot more sense for him. Even Seattle, Denver, and Bucs all would be better choices for him at this stage of his career. Those teams are either playoff potential teams with big needs at RB where he could potentially be the man, or teams who are not only strong playoff contenders, but could push for a SB where AP could be a strong compliment to their existing ground game (like Pats, Sea and Den).

So dont really see how this would make any sense for Bills or AP to be honest.

and that is the point of bringing him on.

Just wing it and see what happens.

Honestly BN would have use for this subject all season long,

you are rather stodgy at times

....c'mon BOE, "BBMB refugees" is convenient for the blame game right?......pretty sure your 50,000+ posts and my 30,000+ posts at BBMB qualifies us for lowly refugee status , right?....

no it qualifies you for nothing. 300000000 posts qualifies you as much as anyone here with 90000000. You win one free internet

You're in a new place so, not just you, but your BBMB friends can simply stop with the old place. You're immigrants here. Speak our language. Embrace our culture. We don't look at post counts. We look at post quality. And what's have noticed is the quality of posts from the average BBMB refugee are incredibly full of suck. Literally, a new topic every five minutes on mundane nonsense with either obsessive compulsive amounts of ridiculous droning in thought. Or no thought at all

Stop making threads just for the sake of hearing yourself talk. Not happening so why even do this?

I have less threads started than 95% of BBMB refugees and I've been here for years.

Bingo!!

These guys are going berserker here! Totally viral.

Stop making threads just for the sake of hearing yourself talk. Not happening so why even do this?

I have less threads started than 95% of BBMB refugees and I've been here for years.

Unfortunately that is what you get with bbmb refugee, and I'm a refugee and makes a bad name for the good bbmb refugees. Any random thought that comes to mind they create a thread, if they are anti or pro tyrod they need to submit a thread everyday about it. I kindly ask to not put us all in that category please.

You have to factor in Adrian Peterson's absolutely MASSIVE ego into the equation. Even if we were to sign him (we won't) he would want the the ball. He would never want to play second fiddle. It would be awesome to have AP but theres not a need for him. He would eat up cap space that were going to need as the off season goes on.

The Bills were #1 rushing team with Shady Tyrod and Gillislee. We're still going to be top 5 in Rushing attempts this year too with Dennison's offense. Why fix what isn't broken?

The RB position is one that the Bills have covered & is not any where near a priority like other positions on the team !!

if we hadn't acquired McCoy I wouldn't care for bringjng him in but I'd have liekly tried to get Demarco Murray last year

Why not kick the can on Adrian Peterson?

Kick the tires?

Money, for a start. We've got very little cap room left and still have real holes to fill.

Also, Peterson's getting older. The team that gets him should be a team ready to compete this year, and that's not us.

Okay, I'll bite. As a Bills fan living in Minnesota, and suffering through a lot of Vikings games, I can tell you that he's not a fit for this offense. He might be a phenom athletically, but he's a complete liability in the passing game-- cannot pass block, can't run routes, and positively cannot catch. Defenses leave him virtually uncovered in pass routes and dare you to throw at him. He offers some value in short-yardage play action situations, but no more than the backs we currently have on the roster, and our backs are a threat once the ball is snapped. Additionally, he has significant ball-security problems, and puts the ball on the turf far more than you'd like for a player commanding his kind of salary.

So in sum, this isn't a fit for either party. AP likely doesn't want to sign for a team aspiring for no more than a wildcard berth, and the Bills have (or should have) little interest in an expensive 32 year old running back who spent a significant portion of last year on the IR and who would require a change in offensive philosophy-- especially when there's every reason to believe he'd be outplayed by at least one back currently on the roster.

My two cents...

no it qualifies you for nothing. 300000000 posts qualifies you as much as anyone here with 90000000. You win one free internet

I liken them more to stats in minor league baseball. You may hit a ton in developmental A-ball, but let's see how you do with sliders, coherent thoughts, cutters, correctly used metaphors, that sort of thing.

If Whaley did this, he would deserve lots of criticism. It does not make any sense at all for AP or the Bills.

"Kick the can"? So you mean like, keep putting it off?

HAHA, OP obviously mean "kick the tires" ?

Edited by mattynh

because it would be cool as heck.

seriously. I would love to have him for one year as #2 to LeSean. He can catch too.

But it is just fantasy. Nothing says to me he or Bills would have interest in doing business

It's cool in Madden, I suppose. I bet AP wouldn't accept a #2 role, or #2 pay, happily. He might end up there, but why add an unhappy guy to an already effective rushing team?

If Whaley did this, he would deserve lots of criticism. It does not make any sense at all for AP or the Bills.

HAHA, OP obviously mean "kick the tires" ?

OP obviously thinks kick the can or tires means the same thing.

I'm tired of guys like you thinking you are the Bills board Nazi patrol. If a fan wants to bring up a topic or a point then they should he able to instead of idiots like you trying to control the board like you are the expert on forums. In response to the post; I'm sure the Bills kick the tires on a number of guys but we will never know about every phone call, text, and personal communication between agents, players and third parties. The fans don't have an open ear to all talks so my guess is the Bills have an idea of details such as where Peterson wants to play, how much money he is asking, and on how long he wants to work out a contract for. Some people like to get mad at the Bills when they don't hear a guy they feel they should be attempting to get but we the fans have very little knowledge with what goes on behind the scenes. Yes, even with today's media and technology.

I'm tired of guys like you thinking you are the Bills board Nazi patrol. If a fan wants to bring up a topic or a point then they should he able to instead of idiots like you trying to control the board like you are the expert on forums. In response to the post; I'm sure the Bills kick the tires on a number of guys but we will never know about every phone call, text, and personal communication between agents, players and third parties. The fans don't have an open ear to all talks so my guess is the Bills have an idea of details such as where Peterson wants to play, how much money he is asking, and on how long he wants to work out a contract for. Some people like to get mad at the Bills when they don't hear a guy they feel they should be attempting to get but we the fans have very little knowledge with what goes on behind the scenes. Yes, even with today's media and technology.

look up, something just flew over your head...

let's see how you do with ...., coherent thoughts.....

my post count would be 12

We self moderate by saying such things. Most are more sensible and gentle than I am.

And those dudes know what it takes to have a good board. Bbmb clearly didn't

If you guys hate the topic so much then why have some of you complainers already post several times. It seems like you feed off this stuff. I don't agree at all about picking up AP but everyone is entitled to their opinion and if you don't like it then either state your case or move on to another thread. Some of you complainers spend 24 hours on these threads and I guess it's fun for you to rock the boat every once in awhile. Go ahead experts, what ya got?

Edited by offsides#76FredSmerlas

Because TBD is very lightly moderated. If everybody just spoke their mind and started new threads it would get very cluttered here. Duplicate threads, ludicrous ideas, etc etc.

Again, read more than you post is a solid way too stay here. Starting new silly threads like this pushes the good ones down or to the next page.

Here's a fun fact: If tons of people are thinking this is silly, it probably wasn't a strong topic to begin with.

I'm always looking for thought provoking stuff. Where's the strong BBMB contributors at?

Nobody likes litter.