Better Call Saul Season 3 - It's on!!!!!

The Poojer

Hasn't given us an epic moment this season like a for-the-moment subdued Tuco dealing with Mike dinging his car.

Not really an "epic" moment but I did love the camera work of the scene where Mike is tailing the guy in the green Chevy. Watching the guy walk into and out of a nondescript building thru the eyes of Mike's binoculars. Then as Mike pulls away the camera pans up to reveal the sign for Los Pollos Hermanos

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jimmy and his sick brother can only get stretched out out so long. And 15 minutes of silence as some kind of investigative work isn't going to hold us for two more seasons after this.

Then again some in my life angrily insisted the Monkees were just as good after losing the TV show and without Mike...

Dude, do you really think people who are watching and enjoying this show want to see you respond to every post with your reasons why you don't like it? Umm, STOP WATCHING and STOP POSTING.

I haven't watched Breaking Bad in a while. Was/Is Jimmy's new receptionist there during the Saul days?

I don't think it's her from BB.

Watching BB 2x11 yesterday, a surgeon discussing matters with Walt looked a lot like Ted Beneke after my time away from the show. Ted was later in the episode so they weren't the same.

edit: yup it's her...

Edited by row_33

I haven't watched Breaking Bad in a while. Was/Is Jimmy's new receptionist there during the Saul days?

Yes

when Hank had Jesse and Walt cornered in the RV at the junk yard, it was fransesca who called Hank to tell him Marie was in an accident to lure him away

Which makes 3 Breaking Bad characters to be reintroduced (preintroduced?) in last week's episode.

Fransesca, Gus, and Victor

One of the problems with BB and Mad Men is that Canadian cable companies did not allow an HD AMC channel for the first 3 seasons of each (my best guess.) So watching it now in HD makes them a different show.

Good episode. I am guessing Chuck will get committed or die before Jimmy faces the wrath of the law?

while this is the most logical. It is also the laziest way out. It doesn't provide a story that falls in line with everything. There has to be drama in his death. I like slashes theory that Wendy is Kim wexler. Maybe Wendy came from wexler. But its also an easy out. Having either killed off is lazy.

I am most curious about Kim's write off. But interested what does his brother in

while this is the most logical. It is also the laziest way out. It doesn't provide a story that falls in line with everything. There has to be drama in his death. I like slashes theory that Wendy is Kim wexler. Maybe Wendy came from wexler. But its also an easy out. Having either killed off is lazy.

I am most curious about Kim's write off. But interested what does his brother in

The delay for trial gives all kinds of time for some unfortunate surprise to happen to Chuck.

Mike shooting the drugs out of the shoes after setting up the mules who thought the shots were hunters was some bad*** BB ****. I love the show.

Exactly, it was brilliant.

Though I prefer a show with garbage people who speak gibberish. Much more entertaining.

it was an awesome scene, but would that coke really have stayed on that truck, even in small traces, for 20KM? that was my initial thought

Mike shooting the drugs out of the shoes after setting up the mules who thought the shots were hunters was some bad*** BB ****. I love the show.

it was an awesome scene, but would that coke really have stayed on that truck, even in small traces, for 20KM? that was my initial thought

I'd say yes based on driving my trucks. I've had sand, leaves, etc stay on for a long time.

I was wondering that, too. I did a little research about drug dogs but found nothing convincing either way. I was wondering if it actually was cocaine, or possibly something else illegal that might have a stronger smell, but I don't know anything about chemical drugs or pharmaceuticals.

My initial thought was would it have come streaming out of the shoe like sand through an hour glass? I also wondered how he knew which shoe to shoot. I did enjoy the irony in the fact that he was able to put a bullet through the shoe at 200+ yards, but took 3 tries to get the stuck on the wire. Edited by RaoulDuke79

It only has to stay on in amounts large enough to trigger the dog...which doesn't take much.

I'm betting the clue is what Jimmy said while attacking Chuck. "This is why (name I forgot) left you!!" It was never explained how Chuck went from being successful and married to whack job hermit. It's probably tied to losing his wife. That thread has been hanging loose for some time, just waiting for Vince Gilligan to tie it up.

I did enjoy the irony in the fact that he was able to put a bullet through the shoe at 200+ yards, but took 3 tries to get the stuck on the wire.

That's what makes Better Call Saul so good, attention to those little details. It's so easy to write "Mike throws shoes over the line," or as the director or editor just take the successful cut of Banks throwing the shoes over. But showing him miss twice is one of those nice details that makes "Mike throws shoes over the line" go from a minor plot point to character "enrichment" that adds to the reality of the series.

Quite a few writers, directors, and producers don't get that. Joss Wheedon does, Guy Ritchie sort-of does, Spielberg of course. Vince Gilligan is a master at it.

My Wendy theory is the most entertaining but least plausible.

I suspect Kim will either catch tragic blowback from the Jimmy/Mike/Gus/Hector/Cartel connections, or she will get caught in the wake of Jimmy's downfall leading to her exit from ABQ in disgrace

My initial thought was would it have come streaming out of the shoe like sand through an hour glass? I also wondered how he knew which shoe to shoot. I did enjoy the irony in the fact that he was able to put a bullet through the shoe at 200+ yards, but took 3 tries to get the stuck on the wire.

7.62 NATO at 200 yards with a decent optic wouldn't be a difficult shot for an experienced marksman. Recall there have been background nuggets that Mike had military experience.

My Wendy theory is the most entertaining but least plausible.

I suspect Kim will either catch tragic blowback from the Jimmy/Mike/Gus/Hector/Cartel connections, or she will get caught in the wake of Jimmy's downfall leading to her exit from ABQ in disgrace

7.62 NATO at 200 yards with a decent optic wouldn't be a difficult shot for an experienced marksman. Recall there have been background nuggets that Mike had military experience.

He also practiced last season :D

I am a trained marksman. In a prone position at 100 yards using a match rifle and matching match ammo with a .22LR would be a challenge to hit a shoe but definitely doable.

Double that distance using a stock rifle and stock ammo you are nuts. Even with match grade ammo and rifle to hit an object that small taking into account wind and elevation changes is very difficult.

Also, I thought his shooting the rifle into the air and not seeing any recoil was just awful to watch. Just the concussion of the round going off would kick up dust around him.

I am a trained marksman. In a prone position at 100 yards using a match rifle and matching match ammo with a .22LR would be a challenge to hit a shoe but definitely doable.

Double that distance using a stock rifle and stock ammo you are nuts. Even with match grade ammo and rifle to hit an object that small taking into account wind and elevation changes is very difficult.

Also, I thought his shooting the rifle into the air and not seeing any recoil was just awful to watch. Just the concussion of the round going off would kick up dust around him.

Poetic license for a TV show...

Kim's gonna die. Just don't know how yet. If we look at Saul's progression throughout BB, there was never a hint of a mention of a woman (that I can recall). Gilligan is the one writing the Saul backstory...I can't imagine he'd leave a central figure in Saul's life alive if he knew there was never a tie in BB.

Kim's gonna die. Just don't know how yet. If we look at Saul's progression throughout BB, there was never a hint of a mention of a woman (that I can recall). Gilligan is the one writing the Saul backstory...I can't imagine he'd leave a central figure in Saul's life alive if he knew there was never a tie in BB.

When Saul on BB is first confronted by gunpoint in the desert he says "is this about _______?" can't recall the name and don't have access.

Maybe she did something stupid and wound up being relocated to a Cinabun in Saskatoon.

I don't think it's a given that Chuck dies, although would certainly add some tragedy/drama to Jimmy's life. Still think the Kim/Jimmy split is really going to be most heartbreaking - definitely don't want to see her die.

I thought it was a nice touch when Jimmy tells the receptionist it's not always this crazy here - and we know that she stays with him into BB and things definitely will get even crazier.

One really minor/stupid thing that I noticed and thought was weird was that Kim had a flat panel computer display. The show is taking place 2002 - those monitors were just coming on the scene and would have been way less ubiquitous and way way more expensive than CRT at that time.

When Saul on BB is first confronted by gunpoint in the desert he says "is this about _______?" can't recall the name and don't have access.

Ignacio

Which isn't a big stretch to be the real name of "Nacho"

I don't think it's a given that Chuck dies, although would certainly add some tragedy/drama to Jimmy's life.

I don't think Chuck dies. He ends up going battschitt crazier or has a stroke and Jimmy turns his back so Chuck ends up committed to the same nursing home that Walt eventually blows up

Ignacio

I don't think Chuck dies. He ends up going battschitt crazier or has a stroke and Jimmy turns his back so Chuck ends up committed to the same nursing home that Walt eventually blows up

man, imagine if they wove that in to the bb series. in the background, we missed it. chuck was there just in a wheel chair looking out the window with perry mason on.

Finally caught up after friends recommended this show. Usually spin off shows suck so I was pleasantly surprised by how good this show is. I like the subtle references to Breaking Bad like when Kim made Jimmy/Saul pay her a dollar to ensure client confidentiality two episodes ago.

Ignacio

Nacho is actually a nickname for people named Ignacio, in fact the guy that invented nachos was named Ignacio, and the appetizer was named after him.