Better Call Saul Season 3 - It's on!!!!!

The Poojer

Thanks for the feedback board-members, we couldn't really be all that surprised if Gus (and hopefully Hector pre-bell) return.

The show isn't necessarily better than BB, it wouldn't be around without BB, it's different and moving at a glacial pace, which is fine for me right now.

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the feedback board-members, we couldn't really be all that surprised if Gus (and hopefully Hector pre-bell) return.

Hector returned in season 2 and was key to Mike's story arc

that's who Mike went to kill in the S2 finale

Edited by /dev/null

I think the writers of the Walking Dead and Homeland can take lessons about directing scenes and writing dialogue from BCS.

Very little happened and yet I was more entertained in that one hour than 16 episodes of the Walking Dead or 12 from Homeland this season.

I hear that. Mike is reverse-engineering his way to Fring. We all KNOW he's gonna meet Gus so that meeting in itself is anti-climactic and I give Gilligan a ton of praise for coming up with a neat way of getting that arc on track. And the sheer, laborious attention to detail by Mike is interesting, imo.

Jimmy is in the midst of collapsing. He's been able to absorb the body blows by Chuck and others up to this point, but he's fraying at the edges as his scene with the Air Force guy suggested. Saul can't be far away at this point.

I almost wonder if we won't see 'Saul' until the very end of the series. Basically the entire series will work up what went on with jimmy up until the point of when he became Saul, and that will be the end of the show

I almost wonder if we won't see 'Saul' until the very end of the series. Basically the entire series will work up what went on with jimmy up until the point of when he became Saul, and that will be the end of the show

I think the Saul transformation happens sooner than that and his transformation brings Kim down with him. My suspicion is the final season we will see a few random comedy bits of the schyster lawyer ending with him walking into the interrogation room with Badger

As has already been mentioned, Hector had several appearances last season. You can expect to see Gus in the next episode.

Very little happened and yet I was more entertained in that one hour than 16 episodes of the Walking Dead

Could't agree more. Great to have this show back - one that actually lives up to (and exceeds) expectations.

On Talking Saul Gilligan mentioned he was excited this season because the BB and BCS universes really do end up merging - which means I think we'll see more familiar characters than Gus this season. They had a piece with Cranston stopping by and 'observing' on the set - wouldn't be surprised if WW shows up in a scene this season (I think it would be cool to just have him in the background of a scene with no interaction/dialogue). He also mentioned the Mabel book Jimmy and Chuck bond over for a minute (and the name of the episode) was something he put in there for his Mom - it was a book she used to read to him.

They also mentioned the tearing apart of the car was an homage to the scene in the French Connection. I thought Mike following the tracker would lead him to Pollos Hermanos but doesn't look like that is the case from the preview.

Watching Jimmy and Kim's relationship is harder and harder knowing it is most certainly not going to end well at all.

Could't agree more. Great to have this show back - one that actually lives up to (and exceeds) expectations.

On Talking Saul Gilligan mentioned he was excited this season because the BB and BCS universes really do end up merging - which means I think we'll see more familiar characters than Gus this season. They had a piece with Cranston stopping by and 'observing' on the set - wouldn't be surprised if WW shows up in a scene this season (I think it would be cool to just have him in the background of a scene with no interaction/dialogue). He also mentioned the Mabel book Jimmy and Chuck bond over for a minute (and the name of the episode) was something he put in there for his Mom - it was a book she used to read to him.

They also mentioned the tearing apart of the car was an homage to the scene in the French Connection. I thought Mike following the tracker would lead him to Pollos Hermanos but doesn't look like that is the case from the preview.

Watching Jimmy and Kim's relationship is harder and harder knowing it is most certainly not going to end well at all.

Definitely gonna see Hank and Gomie soon I think.

If you watch one of the preview videos for this season, the video specifically flashes on the screen while speaking to Cranston who stopped by to visit friends while on a book tour, that he would not be guest staring on any episodes, even though he was telling everyone he was playing an old man in a background scene somewhere

If you watch one of the preview videos for this season, the video specifically flashes on the screen while speaking to Cranston who stopped by to visit friends while on a book tour, that he would not be guest staring on any episodes, even though he was telling everyone he was playing an old man in a background scene somewhere

Which means he is probably neither and will show up in the background getting a car wash or at the diner

I would love to see him in the background with Walt junior and his wife. They ended sourly in the series. It'd be nice to see and remember how they were so seemingly happy, though in a character study its easy to assess that Walt was never happy with his life.

I would love to see him in the background with Walt junior and his wife. They ended sourly in the series. It'd be nice to see and remember how they were so seemingly happy, though in a character study its easy to assess that Walt was never happy with his life.

The problem with sneaking in a Walt Jr sighting is the character would be a child ~10ish while the actor is now an adult. But it would be hilarious to sneak in a Walt Jr breakfast scene

The problem with sneaking in a Walt Jr sighting is the character would be a child ~10ish while the actor is now an adult. But it would be hilarious to sneak in a Walt Jr breakfast scene

I would be doing that a bunch. Sneaking in guys non chalantly as cameos. The big black security guy for Saul, the car wash manager/owner, the cop that pulled Walt over for the windshield, the principal of Walt's school. Hell, get the janitor to buy some drive thru.

I would be doing that a bunch. Sneaking in guys non chalantly as cameos. The big black security guy for Saul, the car wash manager/owner, the cop that pulled Walt over for the windshield, the principal of Walt's school. Hell, get the janitor to buy some drive thru.

I'm waiting for the ATM tweekers to show up, or Wendy.

Then there's my conspiracy theory that Kim breaks bad and devolves into Wendy

Not on the series, but the producers put together a Saul Goodman website featuring client testimonials which included Wendy and Badger

The remnants of that site can be found:

http://www.amc.com/shows/better-call-saul/saul-goodman-esq/

Click the Testimonials tab

i remember that.

it was odd how shows used to want us to google things and look at sites for more information.

lost did it. prison break did it. a bunch of shows did.

I missed the end. Someone crashed thru my fence drunk. What happened at the end?

Someone crashed through Jimmy's front door, drunk.

So Mike isn't a cracker Barrel chatting kind of client?

He always struck me as more of a Golden Corral kind of guy.

i remember that.

it was odd how shows used to want us to google things and look at sites for more information.

lost did it. prison break did it. a bunch of shows did.

And the Save Walter White site is still up.

http://www.savewalterwhite.com/

Used to be you could donate to it, and donations would go to a real cancer charity. Looks like AMC disabled that.

I think that ending was Jimmy being Jimmy. Way too convenient and lazy writing for it to be that much of a coincidence that Howard was there. Gonna be interesting to see how that unfolds

I have a completely opposite take on that. For me, it underscored the great lengths that Chuck will go to in order to manipulate Jimmy. Making Howard park blocks away and then having to hop backyard fences to get to his house further underscores that theme. Chuck played Earnesto, Howard, Kim, and Jimmy like fiddles the entire time. I think Gilligan and Co. set it up beautifully by having that be a simple manifestation of Chuck's ceaseless machinations we've seen since season one.

The rivalry between the brothers is too close to personal experience to enjoy, at the end of the last episode I don't want to continue watching the show.

But like Oz, for which I swore off it 12 times, I will tape and watch it probably.

I think that ending was Jimmy being Jimmy. Way too convenient and lazy writing for it to be that much of a coincidence that Howard was there. Gonna be interesting to see how that unfolds

I would never accuse anything Vince Gilligan is involved with as being "too convenient and lazy". I thought it was a fine bit of writing. Howard was "that close" to talking Chuck out of pursuing the tape...Kim had told Saul (correctly) that Howard would never go to the client with the tape...but Saul couldn't leave well enough alone...and he kinda blew it for himself...

Hasn't given us an epic moment this season like a for-the-moment subdued Tuco dealing with Mike dinging his car.

I thought when Mike realized he was outsmarted by Gus was an epic moment.

Gilligan said it is nice to actually have the time to be patient with this show; something he didn't have with 'Breaking Bad'. I have to agree. I can enjoy a nice sip of fine wine instead of trying to drink from a fire hose.

We're two episodes in, and you're bitching about not having an epic moment? :doh:

sorry, i'm trying to understand why people think strangers want fire hoses blasted in their face all the time...

Some people will say that whatever happens is just fine with them.

The premise of the show just isn't strong enough to compete with BB.

I disagree. This show has been great so far and I think they have enough material for at least two seasons.

I disagree. This show has been great so far and I think they have enough material for at least two seasons.

Jimmy and his sick brother can only get stretched out out so long. And 15 minutes of silence as some kind of investigative work isn't going to hold us for two more seasons after this.

Then again some in my life angrily insisted the Monkees were just as good after losing the TV show and without Mike...

Some people will say that whatever happens is just fine with them.

The premise of the show just isn't strong enough to compete with BB.

What is the "premise" of the show?

sorry, i'm trying to understand why people think strangers want fire hoses blasted in their face all the time...

Ah, I see.

Haven't seen any of S3 yet. I think BCS will, in the end, overlap with BB. What was Saul doing beside working for Walt and Jessie? Was he two timing with other characters all along? Maybe he had something to do with the end of the Empire?

It would be interesting to know what he why he pushed the Laser Tag place so hard....

Edited by BUFFALOKIE