Tyrod's new restructured contract - the details

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought it deserved its own thread since the one about him staying is massive and things get buried.

Whaley deserves props, imo.

yes he does. Whaley is hitting his stride imo. He's never had complete say,but he's gaining more power...earned,and growing. Give him two more drafts,and he will be an absolute asset and highly sought after.my opinion

I am waiting for the details to decide if I really like it,

But so far so good

I have to give you credit here. As one of the biggest TT bashers it is nice to see this post from you. Shows an open mind. :beer::thumbsup:

So what's the total in guaranteed money?

What are the details after year 2?

Anyone know the details?

I'm loving that Taylor is thinking about winning rather than money. In the end, he's still set for life. I'm wondering Woods is next in line to re-sign.

These are great questions someone please answer him.

I would call that a fair bridge contract.

The Buffalo Bills announced Wednesday they have restructured Tyrod Taylor's contract to keep the quarterback with the team.
The deal covers five years and includes a $7-million signing bonus, the Buffalo News has learned. Taylor's salary cap number for 2017 will be reduced from $16 million to just under $10 million, a source familiar with the agreement said.

Stability both on offense and cap wise.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

I hope someone in the organization is held accountable for this.

And given a raise.

I've got to believe Dennison had a lot to do with this given his offense relies on short to intermediate throws and YAC that involve a lot of play action and boot legs. Plus, he was the QB coach in Baltimore with Taylor in 2014. Props to Taylor for agreeing to restructure as I'm guessing given Glennon's reported contract offer that he would of gotten a better deal elsewhere for QB desperate teams. Oh yeah, it pains me to say this, but good job Whaley.

I hate that we are bringing back Tyrod, but one thing to keep in mind is that Tyrod was going to cost 2.9 million in dead cap if cut.

So if it is 10 million, its really only 7 million more in cap hit than cutting him. You can't even get back ups for 7 million anymore.

We need to see what happened to that $15.5M roster bonus. If he still get's that or a large portion of it, this sucks. If not, I'm okay with it.

Why do you care what he receives as long as the cap hit is down?