Tyrod's new restructured contract - the details

@viccarucci

Under restructured deal w #Bills, Tyrod Taylor gets $7M signing bonus. Cap value for '17 goes from $16M to just under $10M.

Tyrod Taylor's restructured deal w #Bills covers 5 years total. After the first 2 years, it becomes a year-to-year agreement.

http://buffalonews.com/2017/03/08/bills-restructure-taylor-contract-keep-team/

@sharpfootball

Tyrod Taylor now carries the cheapest starting vet-QB cap hit in the NFL (assuming RGIII done in CLE). Nice restructure, a page from NE.

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@viccarucci

Under restructured deal w #Bills, Tyrod Taylor gets $7M signing bonus. Cap value for '17 goes from $16M to just under $10M.

Tyrod Taylor's restructured deal w #Bills covers 5 years total. After the first 2 years, it becomes a year-to-year agreement.

@sharpfootball

Tyrod Taylor now carries the cheapest starting vet-QB cap hit in the NFL (assuming RGIII done in CLE). Nice restructure, a page from NE.

Starting NFL QB coming off being named to back to back pro bowls at $9m cap hit. Whaley deserves a prize.

Thought it deserved its own thread since the one about him staying is massive and things get buried.

Whaley deserves props, imo.

Look man. There are some people who may have to justify a new thread. You are not one of them.

Love the contract and the flexibility it gives us. I don't see how anyone could be upset with this.

Yeah...

Starting NFL QB coming off being named to back to back pro bowls at $9m cap hit. Whaley deserves a prize.

This. All day long. I'm sure it won't stop the yahoos from ripping Whaley, but this was a hell of a move for Buffalo.

Nicely done by Whaley. It allows Cardale to develop, even allows us to draft a QB this year and gives us a couple of seasons before real decisions need to be made. Tyrod has his warts, but no one who is going to be better than him in week 1 is available to us.

The Bills basically spread the guaranteed money across two seasons. This frees up 6 million in cap space for this off-season which is nice. But for Tyrod he basically gets a better shot at being here for 2 season which will further help him in his career while still getting his money. Smart move all around.

Is a sign and Trade possibility still in play????

I hope not lol. I mean McDermott came out and stated that he studied and really likes TT as a player and person. Also stated that he and DW believe this is the best situation for the organization.