Tyrod's new restructured contract - the details

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spotrac isn't updated yet - that will give a clearer picture

You simply can't judge a contract without the full details. I would be surprised if he took less guaranteed money, and that's going to hit the cap at some point.

Edited by QCity

@jeremyWGR

Tyrods win - Can still earn about 30 in two years.

Bills win - Guarantee, Cap hit both drop. Dead money (8 mil) if its one and done.

The other positive for Tyrod, I think, is that if he plays well the next 2 years he will make more in the following years than he would have on his previous deal.

Sounds like a good and smart deal for both sides.

Not really. The Bills wouldn't have included a $7m signing bonus, which they would have to still eat as a cap hit in 2017 if they traded him away. If the intent was sign and trade, they would have given him all guaranteed salary for the next two years, which a new team would take 100% against their own cap, leaving the Bills with no penalty.

Is a sign and Trade possibility still in play????

I was really, really hoping that this was going to be a sign and trade. Oh well, I guess a restructure is better than the terms of his previous deal.

Edited by mjohns85

Bills continue to show mastery over contract restructuring and ability to get players to fit in at their number and seemingly take "fair deals" instead of ones tilted oin favor of the players, even when they likely could get more...not sure how they are doing it, but this doesn't get enough praise from people

I couldn't agree more. And yet there are an awful lot of "fans" that bash every decision the FO makes. I actually think things are getting alot better in that regard

@jeremyWGR

Hearing TTs *guarantee* on restructure is 15.5 mil - Total.

Restructure a function of market not meeting option, & wanting to come back.

@jeremyWGR

Tyrods win - Can still earn about 30 in two years.

Bills win - Guarantee, Cap hit both drop. Dead money (8 mil) if its one and done.

Thanks for posting this. The restructure is looking pretty good so far IMO.

if Jeremy White is hearing correctly, his gtd money was cut in half.

Didn't Jeremy White only talk about 2017?

What about 2018?

It sounds like all his money for 2018 is pretty much guaranteed. How much is it?

So, basically, as the contract was before this restructure (according to Spotrac), Taylor would have been fully guaranteed just under $31 million if the Bills exercised his 2017 option. If Taylor is now guaranteed $15.5M in 2017, how much of his 2018 contract is fully guaranteed? If it's the same amount as his 2017 contract, this is pretty much the same contract in terms of guaranteed money for Taylor.

Gotta wait for all the details to come out, but the contract details for 2018 are what matter at this point in terms of discussing whether this is a true pay cut. I'm curious myself.

I was told Tyrod is a low-character guy who was trying to scam the Bills with his injury guarantee.

I was also told that Tyrod was insulted and done with the team after they dared to sit him the last (and meaningless) game of the season.

So what's the total in guaranteed money?

What are the details after year 2?

Anyone know the details?

I'm loving that Taylor is thinking about winning rather than money. In the end, he's still set for life. I'm wondering Woods is next in line to re-sign.

Yeah. Very little can be gleaned from this info. I'll wait until full details come out before judging. It's certainly possible that Taylor's agent gauged the market and determined that a lesser offer the Bills were offering was competitive with or better than what he'd get as a FA. Then we're looking at a deal that is probably a good one for both sides. It'd also be a deal that wouldn't prohibit the Bills from acquiring another QB via the draft, trade or FA. Or we might just be looking at the Bills kicking some cap hit down the road. I'm hopeful it's the former. Edited by BarleyNY

Andrew Luck is 25-0 over his career when the Colts have held the opponents under 20 points.

Taylor only has 1 loss when his defense holds opponents under 20.

Our D needs to improve.

I'm still confused about this.

Did Taylor take less money or not? From what some people in this thread are saying it sounds like he's going to get the same amount of money, but a bunch of his salary from this year is being converted to a bonus...

I'm lost on NFL contracts.

Can someone, when they find out, simply post the money Taylor is guaranteed with this new contract?

The Colts are 25-0 when they give up less than 20 points under Luck, but he's played 60 games. If he couldn't win games when teams put up points...he'd be well below 500, and the Colts would have never made the playoffs.

The QB needs to do more...especially in the air late in games and in crucial moments.