The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

Yeh NYT times has gone the way of Fox News I dont read or watch either.  I check a variety of news sources to see what might be credible.  WSJ has some credible stuff though not always,  Bloomberg seems ok but still has meh stuff. Journal of Econ pretty good.  The Hill reports both sides stuff so take with a grain of salt.

3 minutes ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

Ditto. I clearly hear the words "don't want to engage" at the end of her muffled voice but not much else.

They are talking over each other.

I can’t understand a word to begin with.

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

I am not defending any hack journalist by any means, but I don’t hear “lying biotch” in there.

Maybe my hearing sucks now though.

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

"yanny" or "laurel"

i am freaking old, cant make "lying B word" or "dont want to engage"...maybe they really said lets get drinks at 5?

• Haha (+1) 3

15 hours ago, njbuff said:

Ok, so how did we get "lying biotch" from "ok, you don't wanna engage"?

This makes no sense.

Well, the first is from a headline/tweet deliberately trying to rile up conservatives based on what amounts to a bad lip reading video. The second is what the woman claims to have said and, anecdotally, what I hear her saying when I listen to the audio.

And for what it's worth I would prefer not to defend members of the white house press because my opinion of them is generally very low.

Edited by BuffaloHokie13
  • Like (+1) 2

After thorough analysis including lip reading I determined that Kimberly Halkett mumbled under her breath (with a mask on) "Kayleigh, I wish I looked like you and had the class and presence of mind to get a job like you have. In addition, whatever made you think of coming to these press briefings so prepared and with a binder to help you?" That's what I determined. Honestly. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

After thorough analysis including lip reading I determined that Kimberly Halkett mumbled under her breath (with a mask on) "Kayleigh, I wish I looked like you and had the class and presence of mind to get a job like you have. In addition, whatever made you think of coming to these press briefings so prepared and with a binder to help you?" That's what I determined. Honestly. 

Your wit is unmatched

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

This from the guy with more names than a Mexican debutante. 

Like I said

26 minutes ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

Your wit is unmatched

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

This from the guy with more names than a Mexican debutante. 

Like I said

26 minutes ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

Your wit is unmatched

You need to call in to Bauerle or Sandy Beach. You have a lot of wisdom to offer.

On 7/21/2020 at 2:26 PM, Buffalo_Gal said:

I think this is a yanny or laurel or a what-color-is-that-dress situation myself.

Sounds like “....lying b” to me but whatever.  She’s the press secretary, she’s tough and has accepted the explanation.  Given the coverage of Russia, Ukraine, SC nominees, this would be 99 on a list of 100 offenses.  There’s no decorum, very little decorum, these reporters are jackals. 

On 7/23/2020 at 12:20 PM, B-Man said:

They think the story in Portland is federal agents abusing people.

Incredible incredible obliviousness.

It's been going on for almost TWO months !

...SMH....these lefty clowns want it to continue......anybody brief them on the powers of the 1807 Insurrection Act?.....publish the proclamation to disperse......

Portland officials send federal government cease-and-desist letter calling for removal of courthouse fencing

'The fencing and barriers in the right-of-way create a hazard for Portlanders by blocking the bike lane on SW Main,' the letter states

By Stephanie Pagones | Fox News

Portland authorities are calling on the government to remove fencing around a federal courthouse amid ongoing protests or face legal action, according to a recently published official letter.

The “illegally” installed concrete and metal barriers “are both unpermitted and represent a hazard to the traveling public,” said a letter sent with a cease-and-desist order to a federal official Thursday. Among other things, they block a bike lane, according to the document, published online by Willamette Week.

“Unidentified agents of the federal government have placed unpermitted fencing and jersey barriers in the city’s right-of-way outside of the Hatfield Federal Courthouse,” the letter states. “The fencing and barriers in the right-of-way create a hazard for Portlanders by blocking the bike lane on SW Main, which is the premiere bike facility into downtown Portland.”

https://www.foxnews.com/us/portland-oregon-protests-fencing-courthouse

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo_Gal said:

That is what he got? I thought that is what he sued them for?

I haven't seen any numbers disclosed yet. I would think they settled for less. Hopefully still in the 8 figure range. 

15 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Presser started already, but they opened by showing footage from Portland. Can see/rewind here: 

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1YqGoRZMwMyKv

Second question out of the box is about the long disproven Russian Bounty story :lol: 

• Like (+1) 2