The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

If your *journalistic* instinct seeing, let's say, the undercover Planned Parenthood videos is "these must be selectively edited"

but your journalistic instinct seeing the 1st Covington video is "here's the true face of hateful whiteness,"

then you aren't a good gatekeeper

• Like (+1) 1

NEWSROOM MEETING:

'Democrats are blowing it big time this week. What's our angle?'

"Clearly they didn't mean it the way it's being reported?"

'There's audio on all of it... they all crapped the bed pretty good.'

"Let's go with the "Republicans pounce" approach. That work OK?"

Image result for gif, computer kid, thumbs up

• Haha (+1) 1

that pesky news media..now they have misquoted things from a public hearing!!!!! Man, and yall want us to somehow ascertain what comes out of his mouth and discern what is real, and what is a lie. 

"They said they were totally misquoted and they were totally — it was taken out of context," Trump told reporters. "So what I do, I suggested you call them. They said it was fake news."

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/01/31/trump-intelligence-leaders-haspel-coats-1140281

By a show of hands on here...who believes the intel chiefs were misquoted( outside of @westside)???? Who believes they said it was fake news?

who believes this whole debacle is good for the safety of our country?

Edited by plenzmd1

40 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

that pesky news media..now they have misquoted things from a public hearing!!!!! Man, and yall want us to somehow ascertain what comes out of his mouth and discern what is real, and what is a lie. 

"They said they were totally misquoted and they were totally — it was taken out of context," Trump told reporters. "So what I do, I suggested you call them. They said it was fake news."

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/01/31/trump-intelligence-leaders-haspel-coats-1140281

By a show of hands on here...who believes the intel chiefs were misquoted( outside of @westside)???? Who believes they said it was fake news?

By show of hands who is going to believe that article without actual full proper quotes of both Trump and the others?

Welcome to today's world where everything can be misquoted. And even with video to prove it, it doesn't matter. 

Until the video or quotes are given in full then this is just another bit of what's now called "fake news" 

Edit. To clarify. Yes. There is all of this information available but 1) no one cares.  2) no one cares because #orangemanbad. 3) no one cares because they're already bias. 4). The media has painted such a broad stroke with every story that people just don't care like they used to. 5) no one believes anything anymore.

This whole system of reporting has failed.  Your reporting on reporting is just a further step down the rabbit hole.  And it's unavoidable.  And sad. And continues to divide. 

Rhetoric like you espouse on this, proclaiming the question how can this be good?  That you're so concerned about something like this shows a lack of cognitive behhavior to not understand the flaws in your viewpoint. In the first breath you bash Trump and all of his power. In the second breath you hang on to his every word to find fault. And in the end you finally cry out he has too much power simply because of his words.

If one man has so much power then don't you think it needs to be mitigated?  That's not how our Republic works, at least not by the design by our forefathers.  Your frustration and anguish lies with the lack of responsibility placed in the Senate. The House is full of lackeys who do nothing and don't serve a purpose anymore. The president has been a puppet for over a decade.  The Senate is what needs to begin to work in order to even begin to fix the problems you're seeing but you're so blinded by partisanship that #orangemanbad is responsible for everything.

It must be joyful to live with blinders on and such vitriol and hate.

Edited by Boyst62

2 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Why the hell you pointing me out? Don't get me involved in one of your little diatribes. Keep me out of it!

49 minutes ago, westside said:

Why the hell you pointing me out? Don't get me involved in one of your little diatribes. Keep me out of it!

Trump has truly melted the brains of otherwise reasonable people.

4 minutes ago, B-Man said:

I legitimately thought this was photoshopped, but no, they have gone this crazy............:lol:

DyTOrd0U0AAlqvy.jpg:large

Leading up to 2020 is going to be a lot of fun, if this is how it starts.

11 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

More unemployed journalists.. I mean activists. This time from VICE

https://mobile.twitter.com/THR/status/1091346958084698113

In other news, universities are seeing a large uptick in people applying to computer science programs for the next semester. It seems like a lot of people suddenly want to learn to code.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, KRC said:

In other news, universities are seeing a large uptick in people applying to computer science programs for the next semester. It seems like a lot of people suddenly want to learn to code.

Man...talk about reaping what you sow. The comments in that tweet are brutal. But as pops always told me....”keep your ****ing mouth shut, cause the pile turns over real quick” (or something to that effect)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Kevbeau said:

Man...talk about reaping what you sow. The comments in that tweet are brutal. But as pops always told me....”keep your ****ing mouth shut, cause the pile turns over real quick” (or something to that effect)

STEM studies if you have the brains and discipline to study hard