The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

The Washington Post has yet another opinion piece that must contain a beverage warning before proceeding.

Ready? Ok, here we go:

The PANIC is everywhere on the LEFT.

• Haha (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, B-Man said:

The Washington Post has yet another opinion piece that must contain a beverage warning before proceeding.

Ready? Ok, here we go:

You know, you could've just said it was written by Jennifer Rubin & saved everybody time.

• Haha (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Ready? Ok, here we go:

These people can't be serious?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Koko78 said:

It's a Jennifer Rubin piece of diarrhea; of course it's not serious.

Jennifer Rubin; The Lincoln Project before the Lincoln Project was cool to leftists.

This is a woman who thinks Cuomo did a great job in NY with Covid. 

1 minute ago, IDBillzFan said:

Jennifer Rubin; The Lincoln Project before the Lincoln Project was cool to leftists.

This is a woman who thinks Cuomo did a great job in NY with Covid. 

I like how she still proclaims herself to be a "conservative", even though she hops on every liberal bandwagon that passes through.

Just now, Koko78 said:

I like how she still proclaims herself to be a "conservative", even though she hops on every liberal bandwagon that passes through.

Sadly, compared to the bulk of her coworkers, she probably IS conservative.

3 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Honestly. If you watched this insane interview, do you really think this take is inaccurate, setting aside the source?

I disagree with your conclusion but In the meantime Joe Biden is refusing any interviews that the MSM might possibly be thinking of asking him to sit for. Your newly acclaimed Fox News hero Chris Wallace subsequently & grudgingly gave Trump kudos for figuratively and literally taking the heat of an interview and answering every question thrown at him, with no subject off the table. Compare the confidence of Trump to Biden & his feeble attempt to show leadership by hiding behind the pantsuits of "The Squad"  and other elected officials working to turn the USA into Somalia or Venezuela. 

Oh common Trump is nuts get over it... the question is, is his narcissistic corrupt Constitution violating, China hating (fine by me), deal cutting demand for ring kissing bent etc better for this country better than a Biden's stuttering, Obama rehash, wide ranging coalition that is impossible to keep together, health care for everyone btw wear a mask, Russia hating etc better for our country.  I dont know... the racist shiite and covid denial hurts Trump in the burbs... the looting in cities hurts Biden... not the protests.  China stuff helps Trump... anti Russia mixed for Biden... we will see... polls mean little at this point and Trump could do better with media he doesnt know how to work them and still hasnt figured them out.  The biggest concern is his disrespect for our military.  They keep turning on him he is done imo.

10 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

And the New York Times doxxing Tucker Carlson. Do you people finally understand that the media is the enemy of the people and need to be shut down? They're dangerous.

Tucker deserves to be doxxed... he is an arrogant prick among arrogant pricks... not saying he is wrong but common guy used to be smart on fights he picks.

6 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Tucker deserves to be doxxed... he is an arrogant prick among arrogant pricks... not saying he is wrong but common guy used to be smart on fights he picks.

Can I have your NAZ to spread over the internet? I am going to present you as a pro-Trump. I am sure you will be fine. I am certain your family will be fine. Your house will not be set ablaze. No one will show up to try and harm you, your family, your pets, or your property. Pinky-swear.

"Deserves to be doxxed"!? You have a ***** screw loose.

• Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Oh common Trump is nuts get over it... the question is, is his narcissistic corrupt Constitution violating, China hating (fine by me), deal cutting demand for ring kissing bent etc better for this country better than a Biden's stuttering, Obama rehash, wide ranging coalition that is impossible to keep together, health care for everyone btw wear a mask, Russia hating etc better for our country.  I dont know... the racist shiite and covid denial hurts Trump in the burbs... the looting in cities hurts Biden... not the protests.  China stuff helps Trump... anti Russia mixed for Biden... we will see... polls mean little at this point and Trump could do better with media he doesnt know how to work them and still hasnt figured them out.  The biggest concern is his disrespect for our military.  They keep turning on him he is done imo.

Great! So you have no problem with leftist reporters being doxxed?

42 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

And the New York Times doxxing Tucker Carlson. Do you people finally understand that the media is the enemy of the people and need to be shut down? They're dangerous.

Agree! Since when is the job of the media to attack other people in media? Commentary yes...attack no.

5 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Great! So you have no problem with leftist reporters being doxxed?

At this point everyone is being doxxed.., Tucker has done it himself... no I dont do it nor approve of it... but if anyone deserves it... not saying doxxing is right... 

31 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Can I have your NAZ to spread over the internet? I am going to present you as a pro-Trump. I am sure you will be fine. I am certain your family will be fine. Your house will not be set ablaze. No one will show up to try and harm you, your family, your pets, or your property. Pinky-swear.

"Deserves to be doxxed"!? You have a ***** screw loose.

Deserves yes... should be no... doxxing is abhorrent but you live by the sword...

40 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

2 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

At this point everyone is being doxxed.., Tucker has done it himself... no I dont do it nor approve of it... but if anyone deserves it... not saying doxxing is right... 

Why does he deserve doxxing? His family deserves to live in fear? What is he guilty of? 

1 minute ago, North Buffalo said:

Deserves yes... should be no... doxxing is abhorrent but you live by the sword...

"If you live by the sword"...  exactly what "sword" is Tucker living by that he "deserves" to be doxxed? That his wife and children, his property and pets should be placed in danger.

40 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

NB, you're a good guy.  But this is a really bad take IMHO.

You know darn well that in the current climate doxxing him is a call for defacing of his property at minimum and likely significantly worse.  If being arrogant was worthy of that treatment there are several thousand celebrities (in several arenas) that need to start hiring private security for everyone they care about.  And this country would be taking a major step towards becoming a 3rd rate republic.  Civilization doesn't advance, nor even stay together, under mob rule.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

"If you live by the sword"...  exactly what "sword" is Tucker living by that he "deserves" to be doxxed? That his wife and children, his property and pets should be placed in danger.

He says words they don't like!!!

6 minutes ago, Taro T said:

NB, you're a good guy.  But this is a really bad take IMHO.

You know darn well that in the current climate doxxing him is a call for defacing of his property at minimum and likely significantly worse.  If being arrogant was worthy of that treatment there are several thousand celebrities (in several arenas) that need to start hiring private security for everyone they care about.  And this country would be taking a major step towards becoming a 3rd rate republic.  Civilization doesn't advance, nor even stay together, under mob rule.

He has practiced it himself, again I dont support it but the guy lives by the sword... biggest hypocrite going.

1 minute ago, North Buffalo said:

He has practiced it himself, again I dont support it but the guy lives by the sword... biggest hypocrite going.

Don't watch his show.  If you don't mind telling, who has he doxxed in the past?

13 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

During last Presidential campaign he did it at least once if my memory serves.  Found one example https://www.peacock-panache.com/2018/11/the-blazing-hypocrisy-of-the-tucker-carlson-harassment-incident-35097.html

Again I dont agree with doxxing but guy is FOS

Not that any doxxing is right, but as near as can tell, it looks like the doxxing that Carlson is accused of occurred in the comments section of a website he is part owner of.  Agree that the website should be better at taking stuff like that down, but not sure how they keep stuff like that from getting posted at all unless all comments are pre-moderated.  Does any site do that?

There seems, again IMHO, a bit of a difference between a newspaper planning to (as it seems the NYT hasn't published his new address yet, and hopefully they don't) doxx someone & a commenter to a website posting that information.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Not that any doxxing is right, but as near as can tell, it looks like the doxxing that Carlson is accused of occurred in the comments section of a website he is part owner of.  Agree that the website should be better at taking stuff like that down, but not sure how they keep stuff like that from getting posted at all unless all comments are pre-moderated.  Does any site do that?

There seems, again IMHO, a bit of a difference between a newspaper planning to (as it seems the NYT hasn't published his new address yet, and hopefully they don't) doxx someone & a commenter to a website posting that information.  

Think you are splitting hairs... tacit or active doxxing results in same thing... its an excuse... though NYT should know better... Tucker and his ilk I expect this shiite from... 

1 hour ago, North Buffalo said:

During last Presidential campaign he did it at least once if my memory serves.  Found one example https://www.peacock-panache.com/2018/11/the-blazing-hypocrisy-of-the-tucker-carlson-harassment-incident-35097.html

Again I dont agree with doxxing but guy is FOS

You were asked for proof of Tucker doxxing other people and you finally provide an op-ed written by a defense attorney who has a bone to pick? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, North Buffalo said:

Think you are splitting hairs... tacit or active doxxing results in same thing... its an excuse... though NYT should know better... Tucker and his ilk I expect this shiite from... 

Umm, active doxxing by the most widely read newspaper in this country is the same as a commenter on a website doxxing someone?  Truly don't agree with that take.

Have seen people doxxed right here on this site.  Our leader and the moderators take action, but it has happened.  Doesn't mean they support it.  Without more info, would put the DC doxxing more akin to that which occasionally happens here than what the NYT has been threatening to do.

Ane yes, the NYT should (& does) know better than to doxx someone.  That they are even considering to intentionally do so is extremely problematic.  And it begs the questions of Why would they do that?  & Why would a supposed bastion of support for free speech be in favor of doing something directly aligned to stifle free speech?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Cant find much but he did so during 2016 campaign. He is FOS

He is reportedly most watched commentator in US

So, take your word for it, eh? Your most recent foray into PPP hasn't been exactly successful now has it?

3 minutes ago, B-Man said:

WHY IS THE NEW YORK TIMES SUCH A CESSPIT OF OFFICIALLY TOLERATED HATE? 

NY Times writer Wajahat Ali makes eyebrow-raising claim about ‘many’ White GOP voters.

"I hope people realize that there are many white Republican voters in this country if they're given a choice between renting a room in their house to a person of color or burning down the house, they will elect to burn down the entire neighborhood. It's not just a small fringe," Ali began a Twitter thread. "If you think this is an exaggeration, you should study US history. Look at what many white communities did after desegregation. Some shut down the local pools instead of allowing equal access for everyone."

liberals have nuts the size of bowling balls.

I don’t know about you, but despite seeing how much media has lied and spun things over time for political reasons, the breathtaking dishonesty with which they have been covering the BLM/Antifa anarchy is just a whole other level of manipulation.

From the poor “peaceful protester” myth about Antifa in Portland to the Trump “secret police” squad story, the lack of facts and the lack of understanding of government is just something else.

But I have to admit the media take on the naked woman “protester” in Portland is major league spin.

{snip}

They’re literally comparing here to the Tank Man, the man who stood in the way of Chinese tanks coming in to crush actual peaceful student protesters. Government soldiers killed hundreds, if not thousands. No one is sure of the actual count.

To compare this naked person standing in front of police to help violent anarchists is as gross an analogy as one might get.

This is some serious mental illness not just on the part of the woman, but on the part of any media that thinks that is trying to spin this as somehow iconic.

She was able to sit there, because she knew that she was in no real danger from the police, unlike Tank Man. She was actually doing yoga moves and preening for the camera.

Then they made up this whole thing about her forcing them to leave with her “power.” As opposed to, since she was just being an idiot and not attacking them they left.

Hardly iconic, but I’ll go with idiotic.

https://www.redstate.com/nick-arama/2020/07/20/media-take-on-crazy-naked-lady-facing-cops-in-portland-is-one-for-the-books/

20 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Cant find much but he did so during 2016 campaign. He is FOS

He is reportedly most watched commentator in US

And if you can show a clip of him doxxing somebody in his capacity as a talking head will absolutely agree that he has done what he is accusing the NYT of planning to do & that it is as despicable as what the NYT plans to do.

But you are comparing as essentially equivalent the major newspaper in the US doxxing someone intentionally with a commenter to a website partially owned by a very well known cable news network talking head doxxing someone. And you are assigning equal culpability between the talking head and the NYT editors and publisher.  Without additional information about the DC doxxing, just simply see no basis for that equivalency.

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Taro T said:

And if you can show a clip of him doxxing somebody in his capacity as a talking head will absolutely agree that he has done what he is accusing the NYT of planning to do & that it is as despicable as what the NYT plans to do.

But you are comparing as essentially equivalent the major newspaper in the US doxxing someone intentionally with a commenter to a website partially owned by a very well known cable news network talking head doxxing someone. And you are assigning equal culpability between the talking head and the NYT editors and publisher.  Without additional information about the DC doxxing, just simply see no basis for that equivalency.

You're just splitting hairs man...

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

No, he is not. You are stating that since a commenter once left a comment doxxing someone on the Daily Caller, that is "live by the sword, die by the sword?"  That means if someone doxxes someone in comments on TBD, you think SDS is fair game to be doxxed? :blink:

• Thank you (+1) 2