The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Who films something like that instead of calling the police?

Man how sh1t like that pisses me off! I don't give a flying ****, but there is never an excuse for that! 

• Like (+1) 4

WELL, THAT’S NOT THE NARRATIVE: Van Jones: Trump executive order on police reform ‘a step in the right direction.’

CNN’s Van Jones called President Trump’s executive order on police reform “a good thing” and a “a step in the right direction” following a White House signing ceremony on Tuesday.

“The executive order is a good thing,” Jones said on “Inside Politics.” “Mainly because you saw the support of law enforcement there. That gives you a sense of where the bottom is, where the floor is for reform, and that floor is higher than it has been.”

“There is movement in the direction of a database for bad cops. We have never had a federal database for bad cops, that’s why all these cops go all over the place doing bad stuff,” the former Obama administration official told anchor John King. “The chokeholds, that’s common ground now between [Speaker] Nancy Pelosi and Trump. Good stuff there.”

Trump’s done more for criminal justice reform than the last several presidents.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The binder flip always sends chills down their spines. 

Seriously...I realize the clip was cut off as Acosta blathered on, but he's a dimwit.  He starts in with ....those people are protesting...presumably implying that if tens of thousands of people are infected and die, it's acceptable to him personally. 

It is amazing that he can continue with a straight face. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Seriously...I realize the clip was cut off as Acosta blathered on, but he's a dimwit.  He starts in with ....those people are protesting...presumably implying that if tens of thousands of people are infected and die, it's acceptable to him personally. 

It is amazing that he can continue with a straight face. 

People who are protesting anything that is also supported by the liberal media express less ACE2 receptors on their epithelial cells. Whereas heathens who gather at a Trump rally have consituitive overexpression of ACE2 receptors, thus rendering them far more likely to become infected and spread the disease.  This is all well established bro-science dude! 

Edited by BillsFanNC
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, GG said:

Excerpts of Bolton's book are coming out, and as expected they're not pretty.   Solidifies the image of a scattershot narcissist.  

Bolton or Trump?  None of the revelations coming out are surprising at all.  Trump wanted a foreign leader to help him politically win reelection by agreeing on a policy?  No way.  That hasn't happened during the first term of a presidency since the IPhone 4 came out.

39 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

People who are protesting anything that is also supported by the liberal media express less ACE2 receptors on their epithelial cells. Whereas heathens who gather at a Trump rally have consituitive overexpression of ACE2 receptors, thus rendering them far more likely to become infected and spread the disease.  This is all well established bro-science dude! 

well established bro-science, or well established (pregnant pause) bro (pregnant pause) science (pregnant pause) dude! 

I'm not sure if "bro-science" is a thing but if it is, I want no part of anything approximating sausage science. 

Much love to Toastmaster's International for the 'pregnant pause' and clarity all around. 

5 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Bolton or Trump?  None of the revelations coming out are surprising at all.  Trump wanted a foreign leader to help him politically win reelection by agreeing on a policy?  No way.  That hasn't happened during the first term of a presidency since the IPhone 4 came out.

Trump obviously.   Difference from other politicians of course, is that Trump still favors those who are complimentary of him, and the Chinese perfectly played the playbook.  

5 minutes ago, GG said:

Trump obviously.   Difference from other politicians of course, is that Trump still favors those who are complimentary of him, and the Chinese perfectly played the playbook.  

Are you truly arguing that is unique to Trump in the Presidency?

Just now, FireChans said:

Are you truly arguing that is unique to Trump in the Presidency?

Yeah, Trump is in a different stratosphere in this regard.  Always had been.  Why would he change when he got to the White House?

25 minutes ago, GG said:

This was already well known by other world leaders that you should use over the top flattery to get what you want.  Just look at the Ukraine call and Zelensky started off by bombarding him with praise.

Edited by Doc Brown

25 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

well established bro-science, or well established (pregnant pause) bro (pregnant pause) science (pregnant pause) dude! 

I'm not sure if "bro-science" is a thing but if it is, I want no part of anything approximating sausage science. 

Much love to Toastmaster's International for the 'pregnant pause' and clarity all around. 

broscience is typically used in the exercise science and/or nutrition field by meat heads who expound on anecdotal observations as proven scientific fact.  In this case it perhaps doesn't really apply to the media, Trump and the risks associated with covid19 since the media doesn't really worry about broscience, psuedoscience or actual science.  They just engage in hypocrisy whenever it suits the narrative.

Just now, Doc Brown said:

This was already well known by other world leaders that you should use over the top flattery to get what you want.  Just look at the Ukraine call and Zelensky started off by lambasting him with praise.

That's why I said the book reinforced the narrative.  

4 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

broscience is typically used in the exercise science and/or nutrition field by meat heads who expound on anecdotal observations as proven scientific fact.  In this case it perhaps doesn't really apply to the media, Trump and the risks associated with covid19 since the media doesn't really worry about broscience, psuedoscience or actual science.  They just engage in hypocrisy whenever it suits the narrative.

huh.  i guessed wrong, it really is a thing.  

in related news, this serves as a reminder that i need to hit the gym.  

Just now, GG said:

That's why I said the book reinforced the narrative.  

Yeah.  Former employees have said similar things.  It tells me more about Bolton as he could've testified in the impeachment hearings but chose not to for book profits.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Yeah.  Former employees have said similar things.  It tells me more about Bolton as he could've testified in the impeachment hearings but chose not to for book profits.  

...EXACTLY....didn't Obama get a $65 million dollar book deal?.....so the hawk Bolton with an ax to grind easily scores north of $10+ mil........

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...EXACTLY....didn't Obama get a $65 million dollar book deal?.....so the hawk Bolton with an ax to grind easily scores north of $10+ mil........

Yeah he did.  George W got ripped off with only 10 million for his book which is pry far more interesting.

• Like (+1) 1

Trump signs Uyghur human rights bill on same day Bolton alleges he told Xi to proceed with detention camps

"With only interpreters present, Xi had explained to Trump why he was basically building concentration camps in Xinjiang. According to our interpreter, Trump said that Xi should go ahead with building the camps, which Trump thought was exactly the right thing to do,"

Bolton writes. "The National Security Council's top Asia staffer, Matthew Pottinger, told me that Trump said something very similar during his November 2017 trip to China."

The US State Department estimates that more than one million Uyghurs, ethnic Kazakhs, Kyrgyz, and members of other Muslim minority groups have been detained by the Chinese government in internment camps, where they are reportedly "subjected to torture, cruel and inhumane treatment such as physical and sexual abuse, forced labor and death."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/17/politics/trump-uyghur-human-rights-bolton-china/index.html

31 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

and without that pesky little under oath issue. 

...uh oh....I can no longer find this in Websters.......did the libs have it removed as "non-sequitor"?......."truth" has also disappeared.....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 1