The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

6 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

I won't discount the possibility that she mis-spoke.

She was undoubtedly calling Trump a racist, so there's that. And to edit a previous post, I misspelled Thomas HADEN Church while positing that I couldn't spell Antonio's name. But Wings is still vastly underrated!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LSHMEAB said:

And to edit a previous post, I misspelled Thomas HADEN Church while positing that I couldn't spell Antonio's name. But Wings is still vastly underrated!

I misspelled it first, so you were just deferring to me.

You ***** idiot.  Don't defer to me.  Think for yourself.

• Haha (+1) 1

14 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

I like the morning folks at CBS..usually the most down the middle you can find..and yes I like to watch the morning for 20 minutes!

I wa saying the same thing to my wife the other day as we rode the Pacific Coast Highway down  through Omaha  on our way to Lafayette, Louisiana.  Real middle America stuff. 

16 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Because Jeff is better at his job than most of the people working for big news outlets. 

The replies to Chris Hayes and David Folkenflik are brutal. Assuming they had any self awareness, they might take some of it to heart.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

She was undoubtedly calling Trump a racist, so there's that. And to edit a previous post, I misspelled Thomas HADEN Church while positing that I couldn't spell Antonio's name. But Wings is still vastly underrated!

just irritates me. All racism all the time Trump's a racist all the time was a big time loser in 2016. Seems they are doubling down on it.  If they can't figure out a way to beat him this time they should disband.

• Like (+1) 1

THIS IS WHY WE CAN’T HAVE NICE THINGS:

One of the fundamental elements of good journalism is “show, don’t tell.” This means that reporting facts are preferred over interpretation or characterizations. But it’s not hard to see why distrust in the legacy media is ever-rising.

Americans blame shutdown on Trump over Democrats by wide margin, poll finds” blares USA Today. Wide margin? The poll actually shows that:

When asked, “Who do you think is mainly responsible for this situation?” 53 percent of Americans told pollsters they blamed Trump and congressional Republicans.

Three points is a “wide” margin? Moreover, the story’s kicker admits that “The poll of 788 Americans was conducted Jan. 8-11 with a margin of error of plus or minus 4.5 percent.” When the spread is less than the margin of error, that’s usually called a “split” or “close” race.

What more, this important fact isn’t revealed until the third paragraph. Given the fact that as many as 25 percent of American adults get their news from Facebook, and given that too many people never read past the headline, this is especially egregious. “Fake news”? No, but “Wrong” news? Absolutely.

WE, THE PRESS: 

“Frank Bruni, formerly the New York Times’s White House reporter and now a columnist for the paper, has a long, long op-ed that is unintentionally revealing.

It is headlined, ‘Will the Media Be Trump’s Accomplice Again in 2020?’ As though the press were pro-Trump in 2016!

‘We have a second chance. Let’s not blow it.’ A second chance to help a Democrat beat Donald Trump.”

Just think of them as Democratic operatives with bylines and you won’t go far wrong.

Image result for face palm

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, B-Man said:

THIS IS WHY WE CAN’T HAVE NICE THINGS:

One of the fundamental elements of good journalism is “show, don’t tell.” This means that reporting facts are preferred over interpretation or characterizations. But it’s not hard to see why distrust in the legacy media is ever-rising.

Americans blame shutdown on Trump over Democrats by wide margin, poll finds” blares USA Today. Wide margin? The poll actually shows that:

When asked, “Who do you think is mainly responsible for this situation?” 53 percent of Americans told pollsters they blamed Trump and congressional Republicans.

Three points is a “wide” margin? Moreover, the story’s kicker admits that “The poll of 788 Americans was conducted Jan. 8-11 with a margin of error of plus or minus 4.5 percent.” When the spread is less than the margin of error, that’s usually called a “split” or “close” race.

What more, this important fact isn’t revealed until the third paragraph. Given the fact that as many as 25 percent of American adults get their news from Facebook, and given that too many people never read past the headline, this is especially egregious. “Fake news”? No, but “Wrong” news? Absolutely.

I don’t see a  link to the article , but if the next closest option was say 35% percent blame dems and the rest blame both, that is in fact a wide margin. 

15 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I don’t see a  link to the article , but if the next closest option was say 35% percent blame dems and the rest blame both, that is in fact a wide margin. 

If that's the case would it be fair to say 67% blame the Republicans?

In a way i would think so, but I blame both.  Not equally. I just blame both.