The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

To be fair, VGer has seen a lot more of the universe than the two people in hats.

And it appears that she was just doing a fly-by in a low earth orbit while getting emotionally charged to blast off again into deep space. Na-nu na-nu. 

12 hours ago, Hedge said:

Too many are too far gone.

Another member of tribe @Tiberius

I love askingg these women if they've ever had consensual sex.  They get triggered.

53 minutes ago, Foxx said:

is it bad that i'm turned on by her?

Powder got a sex change.

pi52nh-f_bigger.jpgDan LevinVerified account @globaldan
FollowFollow @globaldan

I'm a New York Times reporter writing about #exposechristianschools. Are you in your 20s or younger who went to a Christian school? I'd like to hear about your experience and its impact on your life. Please DM me.

2:51 PM - 24 Jan 2019

(((AG))) Retweeted Dan Levin

'The Covington fiasco has proved to be a clarifying moment...

Much of the American media is no longer engaged in journalism.

It is engaged in opposition research and in what is sometimes known among political operatives as “black p.r.”' https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/01/covington-catholic-students-smear-job-crisis-of-citizenship/ 

22 minutes ago, B-Man said:

That first one...Jesus Christ, that's a recipe for writing a biased piece: a call for a group of people who self-select to give him negative information, from which he can generalize.

It's not even subtle.  

22 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

How will we ever survive without the HuffPo's opinion section?

How glorious is this? 

Huffpo and Buzzfeed...I know they share a founding background but to my knowledge they’re independent from each other, at least from a business standpoint (DR?)

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Kevbeau said:

Huffpo and Buzzfeed...I know they share a founding background but to my knowledge they’re independent from each other, at least from a business standpoint (DR?)

DR should change his screen name to "Ask Siri".

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Kevbeau said:

No formal business ties.

This day of reckoning had to come eventually, and it has nothing to do with #Orangemanbad, and everything to do with the economics of running a news organization.

All of these small online news outlets share a common trait - they were founded as side projects and existed only through charity of the founder or sponsor.  Some of them were sold to larger media/Internet companies, where the bottom line eventually catches up with the wild eyed vision.  Newsgathering and reporting is hardly a profit-maker for the established outlets.   For smaller outfits without a benefactor, they're mortal.

Not related at all to the pieces above, but a sad day nonetheless. The Newseum has sold their building to Hopkins and will be looking for new digs.

By far, the best Museum i have ever visited..and I have visited this place at least 20 times .

Open through the end of this year..I suggest everyone try to get there before it closes down...

sad, sad day

https://www.washingtonpost.com/education/2019/01/25/johns-hopkins-buy-newseum-building-dc-journalism-museum-plans-relocate/?utm_term=.3fce5c5f99db

10 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Al Jazzera and Tass come to mind. Then again, the National Enquirer might have some interest. 

National Review after it knee-jerked and viciously attacked Sandmann and friends.

Stating he might have might as well have spit on the cross...

It has since been retracted and an "apology" issued.

***** THEM, I'm cancelling my 46 year subscription now.

Edited by row_33
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

National Review after it knee-jerked and viciously attacked Sandmann and friends.

Do you have a link to the first article.  I can only see the apologies, etc. 

13 minutes ago, bbb said:

Do you have a link to the first article.  I can only see the apologies, etc. 

https://web.archive.org/web/20190120193328/https:/www.nationalreview.com/corner/nathan-phillips-covington-catholic-high-school-march-for-life-mocking-students-spit-cross/

Edited by row_33

WELL, YES: “It just beggars belief that the same liberals who fret about ‘micro-aggressions’ for 20-somethings were able to see 16-year-olds absorbing the worst racist garbage from religious bigots… and then express the desire to punch the kids in the face. 

How did this grotesque inversion of the truth become the central narrative for what seemed to be the entire class of elite journalists on Twitter?”

Well, it helps that the “elite journalists” are mostly trash.

Though it’s a fair question whether a society that allows so many awful people to occupy such positions will able to function for long as a democracy.

22 hours ago, row_33 said:

The apology wrang hollow. Many seem to think their only sin was jumping the gun. They seem blind to the notion that their malicious attacks on teenagers who were already being systematically destroyed throughout msm for the alleged crime of non-violent harassment were not appropriate even if the story had been true.

9 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Metaphor Alert: Newseum closing DC location after facing “unsustainable operating costs”

Posted by Mike LaChance

As goes the news industry, so goes Newseum, which came under fire from journalists for selling MAGA hats.

I went to the original Newseum a couple of times, when it was a small out-of-the-way place in Rosslyn.  It seemed well-sized for the traffic and the displays.  

That Pennsylvania Avenue location was ridiculous.  Nothing more than the media enjoying the smell of its own farts.

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Left-media Layoffs Spark #LearnToCode Meme, They Are Not Amused

https://twitter.com/Interchopper/status/1088791950805950464

"#learntocode is hilarious because just last year #journalists were hitting unemployed coal miners with the same energy, and now that the tables have turned they can't take the banter"

Well, if they're going to be that upset, they should #LearnToMineCoal.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1