The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

16 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Google image search.  It's from DailyKos.

DailyKos sources a Wikipedia article that, for the most part, shows that the Obama administration simply wasn't investigated as much.  There's several indictments in the Bush administration for things the Obama administration glossed over (e.g. contracting fraud, documents destruction.)

Never let silly little details interfere with The Narrative

44 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Google image search.  It's from DailyKos.

DailyKos sources a Wikipedia article that, for the most part, shows that the Obama administration simply wasn't investigated as much.  There's several indictments in the Bush administration for things the Obama administration glossed over (e.g. contracting fraud, documents destruction.)

Yes, the Obama Justice Dept. didn't go after anyone unless encouraging or allowing the IRS to go after conservative non profits or White Hispanics.

Isn’t part of the problem the constant comparison of any current administration to the previous Prez/administration? Shouldn’t our executive branch be held to the people’s standard rather than the latest low? After all, weren’t they elected because they are better than the last folks? 

It sucks that that we as the owners of this government have become so willing to give it away to charlatan after charlatan. 

1 hour ago, /dev/null said:

Never let silly little details interfere with The Narrative

Newsflash! Obama administration refuses to indict anyone while previous administrations have held their people accountable.

10 hours ago, Thurmal34 said:

Isn’t part of the problem the constant comparison of any current administration to the previous Prez/administration? Shouldn’t our executive branch be held to the people’s standard rather than the latest low? After all, weren’t they elected because they are better than the last folks? 

It sucks that that we as the owners of this government have become so willing to give it away to charlatan after charlatan. 

So I sez to myself, "Keuka" I sez, "maybe we just autta' keep kickin' them charlatans out 'til we get some folks that's tolerable.  Seems like we'd make a lot a progress in about eight years if we wanted ta'."

32 minutes ago, Keukasmallies said:

So I sez to myself, "Keuka" I sez, "maybe we just autta' keep kickin' them charlatans out 'til we get some folks that's tolerable.  Seems like we'd make a lot a progress in about eight years if we wanted ta'."

It’s your government. Of, for, and by. No reason to give it to the lowest common denominator. 

13 hours ago, westside said:

You crack me up! You try to come across as rational and fair, but you're nothing but a dishonest partisan hack. Typical liberal.

If your mayor put in a bulletproof desk and a cone of silence telephone booth, at the taxpayer's expense, you would consider that a worthwhile expenditure?

After I point out the endless lies and frauds, you are left only with calling me dishonest. I gave you facts. You didn't like them so you threw a tantrum. 

I can't help it that your team has taken corruption to a new level. It's sad and pathetic that no matter what some do you will support them. That's how fascism starts. Seems like you'd be more comfortable with that, so hope it succeeds. 

10 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

Newsflash! Obama administration refuses to indict anyone while previous administrations have held their people accountable.

You are making the same mistake as Trump. The Justice Department is not part of any administration. Otherwise, Clinton would never have been impeached and Trump would not currently be in hot water.

15 hours ago, DC Tom said:

It's what politicians do.  Name one that hasn't lied (or, in the case of your first example, "evolved") to the same degree.

You think it's an issue, because it's Trump.  It's an issue, because you forgive it in everyone else.

They all lie, but as I have already pointed out in my posted list, the lies of Trump and his dwarf anything in the last 50 years. There are always BIG lies. The question is why Trump keeps making up little lies when he doesn't need to and it becomes comical when he disagrees with himself a day later.

Trump has been stealing from the private sector for years and getting away with it. He never wanted to be President. He wanted to lose and start a media empire. It would have made him so much money. His winning cost him. Now he's continued his previous ways in the White House, but there's too much scrutinizing where he is and it's causing his world to crash down upon himself. 

I doubt he finishes his term, whether it's because of outside pressure or his own decision to jump ship.

He should jump ship and start a media empire. All of his followers will follow him and believe whatever he says and that would make him far more powerful than he is now. The problem is that it might be too late, because Mueller's investigation probably has enough to take him down, today.

1 hour ago, Kemp said:

If your mayor put in a bulletproof desk and a cone of silence telephone booth, at the taxpayer's expense, you would consider that a worthwhile expenditure?

After I point out the endless lies and frauds, you are left only with calling me dishonest. I gave you facts. You didn't like them so you threw a tantrum. 

I can't help it that your team has taken corruption to a new level. It's sad and pathetic that no matter what some do you will support them. That's how fascism starts. Seems like you'd be more comfortable with that, so hope it succeeds. 

You are making the same mistake as Trump. The Justice Department is not part of any administration. Otherwise, Clinton would never have been impeached and Trump would not currently be in hot water.

How come you didn't respond to me with a link for your twisted chart? Regardless, the bolded above shows what a stupid !@#$ you really are. Tell us, just what branch of the U.S. government does the DOJ belong to?

Looks like Adam Schiff and some of our own posters have something in common...........:lol:

Rep. Adam Schiff of California has been among the loudest Democrats when it comes to sounding the alarm about alleged Trump/Russia collusion.

Schiff previously has claimed that Russia “hacked the election” and has made many other unsubstantiated claims. Now that President Trump’s openly mocking him (and other “Resistance” Dems), Schiff’s forced to change his approach:

0DVL6HrY_normal.jpgAdam Schiff
Donald Trump is out championing the idea of his own impeachment to rally his supporters — let him. Democrats should keep their focus on the economy and a return to decency. Let the investigations run their course before reaching any conclusion. https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/05/04/opinion/adam-schiff-democrats-impeachment.html?smtyp=cur&smid=tw-nytopinion 

HD4ui7lh_normal.jpgMollie
After telling America for more than a year that Trump is a corrupt, treasonous colluder with a hostile power, Schiff says don’t impeach him.

Adam-Schiff-640x480.jpg

26 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Looks like Adam Schiff and some of our own posters have something in common...........:lol:

Rep. Adam Schiff of California has been among the loudest Democrats when it comes to sounding the alarm about alleged Trump/Russia collusion.

Schiff previously has claimed that Russia “hacked the election” and has made many other unsubstantiated claims. Now that President Trump’s openly mocking him (and other “Resistance” Dems), Schiff’s forced to change his approach:

Adam-Schiff-640x480.jpg

"Democrats should keep their focus on the economy and a return to decency. Let the investigations run their course before reaching any conclusion."

Now that statement is just chock full of irony. Since when have the democrats focused on the economy? How many decades do the democrats have to go back to return to decency? Has Schiff ever been decent? Now, NOW he wants to let investigations run their course before jumping to conclusions? Why it just seems like yesterday he was claiming he had all the evidence needed to prove Russian collusion. He has out Schiffed himself.

2 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

How come you didn't respond to me with a link for your twisted chart? Regardless, the bolded above shows what a stupid !@#$ you really are. Tell us, just what branch of the U.S. government does the DOJ belong to?

Someone else posted the link. Pay attention.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that you don't understand the difference between government structure and the administration. If there was no difference, this would be a dictatorship.

It's common knowledge (apparently not universal) that the President cannot fire Robert Mueller. He can fire the attorney general, try and get a new one in there (no certain thing) and the new attorney general can fire Mueller. 

If you're going to call someone an idiot, it's best to understand that you don't understand how the process works.

2 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Someone else posted the link. Pay attention.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that you don't understand the difference between government structure and the administration. If there was no difference, this would be a dictatorship.

It's common knowledge (apparently not universal) that the President cannot fire Robert Mueller. He can fire the attorney general, try and get a new one in there (no certain thing) and the new attorney general can fire Mueller. 

If you're going to call someone an idiot, it's best to understand that you don't understand how the process works.

There was a specific reason I asked you to provide the link, since you were obviously trying to hide the source. I am well aware that DC Tom provided the information. Trump can fire Mueller if he pleases. I didn't call you an idiot, I called you a stupid f u c k. Pay attention.

You're all right...and wrong.

Trump has the constitutional right to fire basically anyone in the executive branch.  But under the Reno rules, only Rosenstein can fire Mueller.  But those rules are regulations, and can be rescinded...which would generally be a lengthy process, but thanks to the Obama precedents, all it really takes is an executive order rescinding the regulations.  In which case, Trump is perfectly free to legally fire Mueller.  

Basically, it's not legally clear, because of the rat-!@#$ our government's turned in to over the past quarter-century.

10 hours ago, Thurmal34 said:

It’s your government. Of, for, and by. No reason to give it to the lowest common denominator. 

Actually, if you live here in the good ol' US of A, it's our government; no reason to settle for the lowest common denominator

11 hours ago, Kemp said:

Are you even an American?

The Justice Department is not part of any administration Just what part of government is it then? 

Otherwise, Clinton would never have been impeached  Oh? Isn't that under Congress authority?

Trump would not currently be in hot water. Only to the idiots minds is he under any duress

Children should not try to argue politics

7 hours ago, Cinga said:

Are you even an American?

The Justice Department is not part of any administration Just what part of government is it then? 

Otherwise, Clinton would never have been impeached  Oh? Isn't that under Congress authority?

Trump would not currently be in hot water. Only to the idiots minds is he under any duress

Children should not try to argue politics

You tap danced. 

Why can't Trump fire Mueller directly if the Executive branch is in control of the situation?

Clinton could not fire Starr. If he could have, he would have. Maybe he just didn't feel like firing him?

Someone who states that Trump is currently under no duress and calls me an idiot is funny stuff. I would think that even his most ardent supporters would understand that when a special prosecutor is investigating you and filing charges against your employees, that would qualify as duress.

Trump sure acts like he is experiencing pressure, much like anyone else would under his circumstances.

Nixon and Clinton were under duress when they went through their investigations. Right?

What is different this time in terms of duress?

Even if Trump is deemed innocent of everything, he still will have been put through enormous duress. That's not true?