The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

I have no issues with keeping things confidential until the right time, I actually would prefer that. It would just be a surprise because almost nothing has evaded being leaked in recent years.

Greg better be right, and the perfect time for Republicans to drop everything would be a couple weeks right before the midterms. It would knock the Dems out of the running to win the House. It will not be good for Trump if they do win back the House.

Edited by gatorbait

37 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

There are multiple grand juries convened, along with a military tribunal.  The IG report is nothing more than a report, but it's important to note that it's been being delayed because of the ongoing criminal investigations it has been supporting.

This should be fun! Can't you tell us anything more about them? 

4 minutes ago, m_w_hunter said:

maybe just remove your head from the sand?

Interesting. I always thought he had his head up his ass but since it's very likely he has sand in his vagina....................................

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Interesting. I always thought he had his head up his ass but since it's very likely he has sand in his vagina....................................

Worthless chimes in! 

What do you contribute here? 

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

Besides membership dues I think I do a fair to middling job of mocking you.

So you are basically worthless at adding to discussions and have this idea that you are good at something you are not. 

Ok! 

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

So you are basically worthless at adding to discussions and have this idea that you are good at something you are not. 

Ok! 

Quoting so everyone can enjoy the uproariously funny irony.  :lol:

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, gatorbait said:

What criminal investigations? Can you list them? Surely they would have been leaked by now. 

There are current ongoing investigations by Sessions and the DOJ into:

*The Clinton Foundation/Clinton Initiative pay for play scandals (multiple felonies - and two grand juries conviened, including one in Little Rock)

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/367541-fbi-launches-new-clinton-foundation-investigation

*Into her email handling (multiple felonies - being worked on by Huber and a grand jury in Utah)/ 

https://www.thedailybeast.com/justice-department-looking-into-hillary-clintons-emails-again

And there are likely multiple investigations ongoing which spun off from the above and the FISA abuse scandal which, while not about HRC explicitly, will undoubtedly rope in her campaign.

1 hour ago, gatorbait said:

I have no issues with keeping things confidential until the right time, I actually would prefer that. It would just be a surprise because almost nothing has evaded being leaked in recent years.

Greg better be right, and the perfect time for Republicans to drop everything would be a couple weeks right before the midterms. It would knock the Dems out of the running to win the House. It will not be good for Trump if they do win back the House.

Lots has avoided being leaked, especially by this administration. Sessions had a federal prosecutor working in secret for six months before he leaked it... he teased it, then two weeks later (after it still hadn't leaked) he revealed Huber. Despite Sessions announcing 21 DOJ investigations last year, not a single word of the grand juries operating were leaked until Sessions and Huber announced it themselves. Pompeo went in and out of North Korea without anyone knowing... etc etc. And meanwhile the stuff that does leak turns out to be inaccurate. 

Because the leaks are real, the information is not. :beer:

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

*The Clinton Foundation/Clinton Initiative pay for play scandals (multiple felonies - and two grand juries conviened, including one in Little Rock)

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/367541-fbi-launches-new-clinton-foundation-investigation

*Into her email handling (multiple felonies - being worked on by Huber and a grand jury in Utah)/ 

https://www.thedailybeast.com/justice-department-looking-into-hillary-clintons-emails-again

And there are likely multiple investigations ongoing which spun off from the above and the FISA abuse scandal which, while not about HRC explicitly, will undoubtedly rope in her campaign.

Lots has avoided being leaked, especially by this administration. Sessions had a federal prosecutor working in secret for six months before he leaked it... he teased it, then two weeks later (after it still hadn't leaked) he revealed Huber. Despite Sessions announcing 21 DOJ investigations last year, not a single word of the grand juries operating were leaked until Sessions and Huber announced it themselves. Pompeo went in and out of North Korea without anyone knowing... etc etc. And meanwhile the stuff that does leak turns out to be inaccurate. 

I believe if they find criminal wrongdoing on anyone they should prosecute and hold those people accountable. However, those articles sure do use the terms “probe” and “inquiry” a heck of a lot. Why wouldn’t they use the words criminal investigation? The Hill article only uses the word investigation in the Title, and it was from January. I will gladly admit I was wrong but it seems to be more political posturing than having any real substance or intention to prosecute. I’ll be the first one to eat crow however if Sessions actually does something. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Have they found any evidence of wrong doing yet? This really looks bad. A political hatchet job. Using the DOJ to beat a dead horse here. 

9 minutes ago, gatorbait said:

I believe if they find criminal wrongdoing on anyone they should prosecute and hold those people accountable. However, those articles sure do use the terms “probe” and “inquiry” a heck of a lot. Why wouldn’t they use the words criminal investigation? The Hill article only uses the word investigation in the Title, and it was from January. I will gladly admit I was wrong but it seems to be more political posturing than having any real substance or intention to prosecute. I’ll be the first one to eat crow however if Sessions actually does something. 

The entire "Russian Collusion" narrative stems from an FBI probe/inquiry by the Counterintelligence Division. 

If a prosecutor or AG talks about an ongoing criminal investigation that's before a grand jury with the press or public, it can invalidate the grand jury and threaten the ability to prosecute. Hence, nothing but vagaries get out when there's actual legal processes going on. When stuff gets leaked to the press - like the FBI CID did on Trump (for months), it's a sign that the probe/inquiry doesn't have a solid legal ground. 

Conventional wisdom still holds that the little fish will take the fall and the big fish will swim free, but there are very real, very active criminal inquiries going on by both the FBI and DOJ into Clinton, her campaign, and her foundation. We'll see how they shake out in the end, and whether or not we still live in a justice system where the political class are allowed to operate on a separate legal level. 

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

Have they found any evidence of wrong doing yet? This really looks bad. A political hatchet job. Using the DOJ to beat a dead horse here. 

Image result for irony gif

5 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The entire "Russian Collusion" narrative stems from an FBI probe/inquiry by the Counterintelligence Division. 

If a prosecutor or AG talks about an ongoing criminal investigation that's before a grand jury with the press or public, it can invalidate the grand jury and threaten the ability to prosecute. Hence, nothing but vagaries get out when there's actual legal processes going on. When stuff gets leaked to the press - like the FBI CID did on Trump (for months), it's a sign that the probe/inquiry doesn't have a solid legal ground. 

Conventional wisdom still holds that the little fish will take the fall and the big fish will swim free, but there are very real, very active criminal inquiries going on by both the FBI and DOJ into Clinton, her campaign, and her foundation. We'll see how they shake out in the end, and whether or not we still live in a justice system where the political class are allowed to operate on a separate legal level. 

Image result for irony gif

Does you thank that Hillaries a going to get impeacheda over a this? 

image.jpeg.f66f5eb36b6fe3298f82d8b76237e91d.jpeg

I would think that if the SC investigation into Trump's campaign was created under false pretenses, then not prosecution of anyone should result in a conviction - even if he "shot someone dead on Fifth Avenue."

2 minutes ago, Nanker said:

I would think that if the SC investigation into Trump's campaign was created under false pretenses, then not prosecution of anyone should result in a conviction - even if he "shot someone dead on Fifth Avenue."

It's multiple investigations now conducted from separate origins, so something will go forward, but even if he is dead to rights guilty Republicans will protect him so I don't see an end game here. 

It would be funny if Hillary were arrest on BS charges while guilty Trump gets totally off. You guys would love that! Then Russia hacks all the elections and its Trump for life! 

Arrest Don Lemmon and Racheal Maddow next and make Hannity the only news. This is why Trump and Kim have been meeting! B-)

22 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Arrest Don Lemmon and Racheal Maddow next and make Hannity the only news. This is why Trump and Kim have been meeting! B-)

Well, since the courts have ruled several times in DACA suits that the president can't legally overturn Obama era polices, he has no choice.