Kirk Cousins wants out of Washington

He really has been a pretty average QB for most of his career. He has been good in the playoffs but hasn't elevated his teams very often.

Your earlier post said he's a good quarterback, which I believe he is. However, with all his improvement over the years, he periodically makes more bonehead plays than many other good qbs periodically make. That would make him moderately good, or second tier. He's certainly not worth two number ones, as another poster suggested.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've watched enough of him. Skins fans feel the way we did about Fitz. Just tellin ya. Live here and the only football office talk available is redskins well and that guy that's a pats fan. But that's no fun....

Except Cousins throws for 4-5K yards a season and Puts up QB Ratings of around 100...but other than that, yeah exactly the same...

Than what the niners have? Kap, Gabbert and the legend of Thad Lewis?

A lot better, a lot, lot better.

I am nowhere near as high on Cousins as some others, but he is a huge upgrade in San Fran.

The issue is what are the 49ers willing to give up for him? Is he worth the second pick in the draft? Maybe? But the Skins would probably want more. San Fran is in a major rebuild mode. That roster on both sides of the ball has to be dramatically upgraded before the team is able to be a serious team. Cousins is a very good qb. But he is not the type of qb who is going to uplift a team on his own. He is a high-end manager type qb who is at his best utilizing the talent around him. Make no mistake what I am saying here. I would love to have him on the Bills. He would have a greater impact on the Bills compared to the 49ers because we have a more complete roster.

The issue is what are the 49ers willing to give up for him? Is he worth the second pick in the draft? Maybe? But the Skins would probably want more. San Fran is in a major rebuild mode. That roster on both sides of the ball has to be dramatically upgraded before the team is able to be a serious team. Cousins is a very good qb. But he is not the type of qb who is going to uplift a team on his own. He is a high-end manager type qb who is at his best utilizing the talent around him. Make no mistake what I am saying here. I would love to have him on the Bills. He would have a greater impact on the Bills compared to the 49ers because we have a more complete roster.

That wasn't the question though.... the question was just is he better than what they have. That is a resounding yes.

if we had cousins to go with shady and sammy we'd be like the greatest show on turf.

If you would add in a good slot receiver and factor in Clay who is a diminished player with TT our offense would take a quantum leap forward. The Bills have a good running game. But with a good passing game not only would the offense be more balanced but our defense would be more effective because they would be on the field less.

cousins goals

#1- get to free agency where he will sign a long term deal for $25-30 mil/yr

#2- get tagged by wash for a guaranteed 1 year $24 mil

#3- sign a long term deal with wash that averages over $25 mil/yr

#4 - get to free agency in 2018

That wasn't the question though.... the question was just is he better than what they have. That is a resounding yes.

Of course they would be better. That's obvious. But you can't dismiss the cost and context. Whenever there is a discussion on the value of a player you shouldn't avoid the issue of cost. TT may be our best current qb but if the price was too high from a contract standpoint that would certainly affect your conclusion on whether to keep him or not. Right?

cousins goals

#1- get to free agency where he will sign a long term deal for $25-30 mil/yr

#2- get tagged by wash for a guaranteed 1 year $24 mil

#3- sign a long term deal with wash that averages over $25 mil/yr

#4 - get to free agency in 2018

The Redskins could have signed Cousins with a Osweiller type of contract last year. They didn't.So now Cousins has made it clear that he is not giving the organization a "hometown" discount. He has the leverage and he is going to use it. What he can get on the open market is what he is going to get with the Skins or elsewhere. Economics 101

Of course they would be better. That's obvious. But you can't dismiss the cost and context. Whenever there is a discussion on the value of a player you shouldn't avoid the issue of cost. TT may be our best current qb but if the price was too high from a contract standpoint that would certainly affect your conclusion on whether to keep him or not. Right?

Of course. I just mean that my post wasn't seeking to get into that just to answer the bald question. If the question was "should the 9ers trade for Cousins?" then I'd have considered cost and value etc.