Kirk Cousins wants out of Washington

He's a douche. Just say it. I'm sure you all saw they way he shoved that "volunteer referee" during the flag football game at the pro-bowl.

No denying his talent. Better than Tyrod, certainly, but not up there with the top 5 QB's. I'd rather him not be associated with this franchise. We have enough to be embarrassed about.

This is true. Were gonna be embarrassed if we are worse next year, starting Cardale or some other retread QB while Tyrod cleans up on the FA market.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jimbo was a huge doosh at first, just sayin'

Ehh...fair point I guess, although Jim was a different brand of douche, IMO. More of an arrogant young punk. I suppose, however, that his "douchiness" would likely have been exposed more today with smartphones and social media.

This is true. Were gonna be embarrassed if we are worse next year, starting Cardale or some other retread QB while Tyrod cleans up on the FA market.

Exactly. So pick up Tyrod's option already!!

He's not though. He's just done it longer. If you stack his numbers side by side vs. those guys it's not different. If anything, he is behind most of them on a per game basis.

Flacco

61.5% completion, 241.7 yards a game (includes rushing) and 197 TDs (includes rushing) and 117 INTs. 1.68 TDs to INT

Ryan Tannehill

62.7% completion, 253.5 yards a game (includes rushing) and 112 TDs (includes rushing) and 66 INTs. 1.70 TDs to INT

I didn't use TT because this thread would get derailed but he has a higher completion percentage, more total yards a game and roughly a 4:1 TD/INT ratio. Flacco belongs in the tier with those guys.

Do you see those other guys winning a superbowl? And Flacco didn't just go along for the ride, he pretty much carried that team to the title.

I do tend to rely on my eyes more than stats though, I like some of his talents

Ehh...fair point I guess, although Jim was a different brand of douche, IMO. More of an arrogant young punk. I suppose, however, that his "douchiness" would likely have been exposed more today with smartphones and social media.

Exactly. So pick up Tyrod's option already!!

Yeah, I equate Jim 's douchyness to more of a Rivers type. He was still a leader of men, I'm not sure about Cousins.

Edited by SWATeam

Washington could get quite a lot if they do have to trade him. What a weird scenario. They trade a ransom for RG3 and then take Cousins in the 4th round of the same draft. Then inauspiciously release RG3 after such disappointment, turmoil and controversy - all while Cousins blossomed into a FQB. Now they might be forced to trade Cousins and, if so, they'll likely get a bunch of picks back for him. You couldn't make that up.

And they were widely criticized for using a 4th round pick on cousins when they already had RGIII, the QB of the future.

Do you see those other guys winning a superbowl? And Flacco didn't just go along for the ride, he pretty much carried that team to the title.

I do tend to rely on my eyes more than state though, I like some of his talents

Flacco got hot and has been a good playoff QB. He carried his team in 1 playoffs. That stretch doesn't absolve the rest of his career. He is who he is and there is a large enough sample size to say that definitively. That stretch ABSOLUTELY skews perspective and reality. He's a game manager with arm talent. Edited by Kirby Jackson

He's a douche. Just say it. I'm sure you all saw they way he shoved that "volunteer referee" during the flag football game at the pro-bowl.

No denying his talent. Better than Tyrod, certainly, but not up there with the top 5 QB's. I'd rather him not be associated with this franchise. We have enough to be embarrassed about.

I doubt that any qb who habitually drops LOTR references in his game banter could really ever be a douche, but that's just me. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc-sports-bog/wp/2015/12/31/how-lord-of-the-rings-took-over-the-redskins-locker-room/?utm_term=.f94d8583d52b

I like Cousins. He's a tier up from TT, Bradford, Dalton, Tannehill, Smith and Flacco for me. He's below guy's like Stafford though. I guess in terms of impact, Eli is the guy that he most reminds me of. He is a guy that makes a lot of plays and can get hot. He has some times where he looks lost too. If I were SF, I would give up the 2nd pick in a heartbeat for him.

I live in the Md/DC area. So I get a deluge of stories about him and his contract saga. Cousins and his agent have made a determination that if he was on the market he would get a max or near max deal. That is his marker. His position is if you don't want to give me a max contract on a long term deal then either trade me to a team willing to do so or franchise me. He is willing to be franchised every year because he is getting his top shelf money through the repeated tag approach.

Cousins is not an elite qb with exceptional physical abilities but he is a very good qb. What would I give up for him? I would not be afraid to give up two #1's for him because by getting the quarterbacking that he provides he instantly elevates your team. When you give up two picks you are in reality only giving up one pick because you are getting him in return.

There comes a point where either you get a good qb or you don't. It's time to stop being fearful and not act. If the Bills were not willing to pay the asking price then draft a qb such as Mahomes and develop what you got.

Flacco got hot and has been a good playoff QB. He carried his team in 1 playoffs. That stretch doesn't absolve the rest of his career. He is who he is and there is a large enough sample size to say that definitively. That stretch ABSOLUTELY skews perspective and reality. He's a game manager with arm talent.

Rings change things, they just do.

IMO, stats are very misleading when looking at Flacco. The offensive talent has been very poor around him for years. Oline, running backs, pass catchers, all poor. Trying to compare his stats to Dalton or even Tanny or Smith doesn't work because they have been in superior offensive systems with superior talent around them.

I would take Flacco in Buffalo any day of the week. Those other guys, meh, maybe Dalton.

Flacco got hot and has been a good playoff QB. He carried his team in 1 playoffs. That stretch doesn't absolve the rest of his career. He is who he is and there is a large enough sample size to say that definitively. That stretch ABSOLUTELY skews perspective and reality. He's a game manager with arm talent.

The problem with this argument is that Flacco's playoff sample size isn't small. The Ravens have gone 10-5 with him as qb in playoff games, and he has a 25-10 td-int ratio -- and you know as well as i that it should have been 26-10 (Lee Evans). He rightly should have been in 2 super bowls too, not one (again, Lee Evans). And he really should be 11-4 (again, Lee Evans) plus whatever would have happened in the 2011 sb vs the giants.

Edited by dave mcbride

IMO, stats are very misleading when looking at Flacco. The offensive talent has been very poor around him for years. Oline, running backs, pass catchers, all poor. Trying to compare his stats to Dalton or even Tanny or Smith doesn't work because they have been in superior offensive systems with superior talent around them.

I would take Flacco in Buffalo any day of the week. Those other guys, meh, maybe Dalton.

We just disagree then I guess. His playoff run allowed him to cash in but it hasn't changed the player. He had a GREAT run, no doubt. I'm not calling him Dilfer or Brad Johnson but he's much closer to Brad Johnson than the other QBs that have won Super Bowls in the last 20 years. Flacco has played a LOT of football games at this point. He will be remembered because he won a Super Bowl but that doesn't change the fact that he was the same quality of player as the guys in that tier.

We just disagree then I guess. His playoff run allowed him to cash in but it hasn't changed the player. He had a GREAT run, no doubt. I'm not calling him Dilfer or Brad Johnson but he's much closer to Brad Johnson than the other QBs that have won Super Bowls in the last 20 years. Flacco has played a LOT of football games at this point. He will be remembered because he won a Super Bowl but that doesn't change the fact that he was the same quality of player as the guys in that tier.

Not just one great run - sample size is larger than that. And it goes without saying that the playoffs feature the highest level competition and usually worse weather.

The problem with this argument is that Flacco's playoff sample size isn't small. The Ravens have gone 10-5 with him as qb in playoff games, and he has a 25-10 td-int ratio -- and you know as well as i that it should have been 26-10 (Lee Evans). He rightly should have been in 2 super bowls too, not one (again, Lee Evans). And he really should be 11-4 (again, Lee Evans) plus whatever would have happened in the 2011 sb vs the giants.

He has been a good playoff QB; I'm not denying that. He hasn't carried his teams to get there but has been good once they got there. Alex Smith has actually been a really good playoff QB (just hasn't won much). Dalton has struggled. We don't know about Tannehill or Tyrod or Bradford.

Which is fine. It's an arguable point

He's a lot better than Tyrod.

I don't watch the Redskins every week but I've seen a lot of stupid interceptions on highlights. I don't see TT doing that. Cousins is better in the pocket from what I've seen. The results have been pretty similar. TT scores points,

In general the price tag of these QBs = max/near max $ with no sure thing to go along. Personally, I think the game itself has become imbalanced and skewed toward QBs being too important for a 22 man sport. It has become this way through rule changes, informal preferences for QBs like when Brady calls his own penalties and informs the ref of his decision, and the NFL seeing QBs as the big endorsement money makers and building them up as a result. This ends up with teams paying $$$$$$$$$$ for guys like Cousins who will probably never win. I wish I had a better alternative but I'm not sure there is one.

Give me the guy, while not a regular season stat monster, that's been virtually money in the playoffs AND has a SB ring. You can win consistently with this guy.

Edited by inaugural balls

Feb. 17 (UPI) -- "The best free agent quarterback available allegedly does not want to play for the Washington Redskins.

ESPN's Jason Reid reported Thursday that Kirk Cousins "doesn't want to be in Ashburn." He also said Cousins wants the franchise tag for 2017."

http://www.upi.com/Sports_News/NFL/2017/02/17/Report-Kirk-Cousins-wants-out-of-Washington/3991487352109/?ref=yfp

Not buying it. Sounds like an agent floating stories to gain leverage for a long term contract. Jedi mind tricks. Cousins wants to get paid.

If they tag him again, next year he will get a mint. If they get scared and sign him now, he gets a mint or they trade him for assets to..?

Not buying it. Sounds like an agent floating stories to gain leverage for a long term contract. Jedi mind tricks. Cousins wants to get paid.

If they tag him again, next year he will get a mint. If they get scared and sign him now, he gets a mint or they trade him for assets to..?

Yes he does want paid - and he doesn't care by whom.