Kirk Cousins wants out of Washington

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lotta posters are way undervaluing Cousins. Last season he was 3rd in passing yards with 4,917 yards, 7th in QB rating, 3rd in yards per attempt and 6th in Total QBR. Washington is stupid if they don't pay the man. I'd happily give them the 10th overall pick and do it.

Lotta posters are way undervaluing Cousins. Last season he was 3rd in passing yards with 4,917 yards, 7th in QB rating, 3rd in yards per attempt and 6th in Total QBR. Washington is stupid if they don't pay the man. I'd happily give them the 10th overall pick and do it.

Yep, he has scored 63 TDs the last two years too with only 23 INTs. That's pretty strong. Cousins is a good QB.

I live in the Md/DC area. So I get a deluge of stories about him and his contract saga. Cousins and his agent have made a determination that if he was on the market he would get a max or near max deal. That is his marker. His position is if you don't want to give me a max contract on a long term deal then either trade me to a team willing to do so or franchise me. He is willing to be franchised every year because he is getting his top shelf money through the repeated tag approach.

Cousins is not an elite qb with exceptional physical abilities but he is a very good qb. What would I give up for him? I would not be afraid to give up two #1's for him because by getting the quarterbacking that he provides he instantly elevates your team. When you give up two picks you are in reality only giving up one pick because you are getting him in return.

There comes a point where either you get a good qb or you don't. It's time to stop being fearful and not act. If the Bills were not willing to pay the asking price then draft a qb such as Mahomes and develop what you got.

i agree with you. Either get a QB like this or start over with a rookie and develop him. If you go with Romo, you need to draft one too due to age. With Cousins you don't, Cardale is your backup. Edited by YoloinOhio

I don't watch the Redskins every week but I've seen a lot of stupid interceptions on highlights. I don't see TT doing that. Cousins is better in the pocket from what I've seen. The results have been pretty similar. TT scores points,

That's true about Tyrod.

Now the question is, does Tyrod throw few interceptions because he is an accurate passer, or that he takes very few risks?

I don't want to turn this into an anti-Tyrod thread, I like Tyrod. Right now, I see him as inconsistent.

Yep, he has scored 63 TDs the last two years too with only 23 INTs. That's pretty strong. Cousins is a good QB.

Definitely agree.

If there is a possibility that we could get Cousins, I would take the chance.

Flacco > Cousins

Flacco would have made a 2nd Super Bowl until Bellychex busted out the super secret shady plays while the Ravens led 28-14.

Flacco had a bad year last year but I'd ride w Joe anyday. Man doesn't lose home games.

Flacco, when hot and in his prime, was better. But I'll take the current Cousins over the Flacco of the past few seasons - and I don't think it's particularly close.

i agree with you. Either get a QB like this or start over with a rookie and develop him. If you go with Romo, you need to draft one too due to age. With Cousins you don't, Cardale is your backup.

With Cousins you can run a west coast offense and a legitimate pro passing offense. TT's stats don't reflect the plays that he leaves on the table and because of his limitations the designed passing offense is a simplified passing offense that doesn't meet the average NFL standard.

TT has a stronger arm than Cousins and without question the Bills qb throws a much better long pass. It's really quite superb. But there are few seam passes and throws to the middle of the field compared to what Cousins can proficiently do.

As you so smartly pointed out if you get a qb such as Cousins you don't need to go out and bring in another veteran qb and you don't need to use a high pick this year or next year to address the position. Sure Cousins would be costly but that's what happens when a second-rate organization can't address its own needs through the draft.

The Bills have not had a legitimate franchise qb since the departure of Kelly, twenty years ago. This organization should be ashamed of itself!

Edited by JohnC

I like Cousins. He's a tier up from TT, Bradford, Dalton, Tannehill, Smith and Flacco for me. He's below guy's like Stafford though. I guess in terms of impact, Eli is the guy that he most reminds me of. He is a guy that makes a lot of plays and can get hot. He has some times where he looks lost too. If I were SF, I would give up the 2nd pick in a heartbeat for him.

While I agree with most your list, I don't believe he is better than Flacco. If Flacco had the OL and weapons Cousins has, the Ravens would be a serious SB contender next year. I get why people forget about Flacco, but he's better than people remember because he's been saddled with an offense devoid of talent last few years and his injury.

But other than that, I see Cousins similar to you. I would think the front runners for his services would be Denver (instant SB contender again with him and that D with those offensive weapons) or following his boy to SF (although that roster is awful, so may not be as appealing as many think just because of Shanny).

If there is a chance for Buffalo to get him, I would think they would have to at least try though. Wonder if some kind of sign and trade could be worked out where we send back a combo of draft picks and TT to give Washington someone to start next year as there isnt a better QB in FA really anyway.

Edited by Alphadawg7

So I guess anyone that's won a Super Bowl is elite? Flacco isn't good. He's been a worse QB than TT over the last 2 years. He's a game manager with a Super Bowl title. He's a rich man's Dilfer but he's not a top 20 guy. Cousins is.

No Kirby, anyone who wins a Superbowl while posting the most impressive postseason performance stat line of all time, while consistently being a winner in the postseason, who has made the playoffs 6/9 years in his career in a division with two other perennial playoff teams, is elite.

No Kirby, anyone who wins a Superbowl while posting the most impressive postseason performance stat line of all time, while consistently being a winner in the postseason, who has made the playoffs 6/9 years in his career in a division with two other perennial playoff teams, is elite.

Flacco is a game manager with a good playoff run. Alex Smith has a 6:1 TD to INT ratio in the Super Bowl. Flacco has elevated his team once in his career and that was the Super Bowl run. He hasn't been good since. I'm not sure anyone would even debate that? Put Flacco since 2012 next to any of the other guy in the game manager tier and he has been consistently worse than all of them. He's a homeless man's Eli. Edited by Kirby Jackson

Cousins wants to follow Shanahan to San Fran, not come to Buffalo. Sorry everyone who will fill this thread with the responses of "we need to sign this guy."

yeah but we are running his system.

They can't help themselves.

Connor Cook will be just as good.

we should have drafted him, much better prospect than Cousins and wont have to wait 3 yrs to be ready like Cardale.

Just thinking about typing this made me puke a little in my mouth hahaha, but I actually agree with you on Flacco. Like I said, people forget how good he is due to the injury and the lack of talent around him in more recent years.

Luckily I can disagree with you on one thing...hes not in the "Elite" category as that is the category of Brady, Rodgers, and Brees. But Flacco is still very good QB and certainly top 10 in the NFL. I would personally rank him around 7th if I made a top 10 list.

Flacco > Cousins

Flacco would have made a 2nd Super Bowl until Bellychex busted out the super secret shady plays while the Ravens led 28-14.

Flacco had a bad year last year but I'd ride w Joe anyday. Man doesn't lose home games.

Oh man. You're somehow forgetting the most obvious example for your argument. Lee Evans.