Kirk Cousins wants out of Washington

Feb. 17 (UPI) -- "The best free agent quarterback available allegedly does not want to play for the Washington Redskins.

ESPN's Jason Reid reported Thursday that Kirk Cousins "doesn't want to be in Ashburn." He also said Cousins wants the franchise tag for 2017."

http://www.upi.com/Sports_News/NFL/2017/02/17/Report-Kirk-Cousins-wants-out-of-Washington/3991487352109/?ref=yfp

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Washington could get quite a lot if they do have to trade him. What a weird scenario. They trade a ransom for RG3 and then take Cousins in the 4th round of the same draft. Then inauspiciously release RG3 after such disappointment, turmoil and controversy - all while Cousins blossomed into a FQB. Now they might be forced to trade Cousins and, if so, they'll likely get a bunch of picks back for him. You couldn't make that up.

Edited by BarleyNY

I like Cousins. He's a tier up from TT, Bradford, Dalton, Tannehill, Smith and Flacco for me. He's below guy's like Stafford though. I guess in terms of impact, Eli is the guy that he most reminds me of. He is a guy that makes a lot of plays and can get hot. He has some times where he looks lost too. If I were SF, I would give up the 2nd pick in a heartbeat for him.

I liked Cousins coming out of Collage. But with that said I am not sure if he would be the one for us at this time. I guess we will be sitting here waiting to see what the FO does this off season with FA and the draft. I have always been a wait and see kind of guy. So at this time all I can say is GO BILLS. We do have an undefeated record so far. :thumbsup:

I like Cousins. He's a tier up from TT, Bradford, Dalton, Tannehill, Smith and Flacco for me. He's below guy's like Stafford though. I guess in terms of impact, Eli is the guy that he most reminds me of. He is a guy that makes a lot of plays and can get hot. He has some times where he looks lost too. If I were SF, I would give up the 2nd pick in a heartbeat for him.

I'm surprised to see Flacco on your list.

While true, he's above the tier you grouped him with

He's not though. He's just done it longer. If you stack his numbers side by side vs. those guys it's not different. If anything, he is behind most of them on a per game basis.

Flacco

61.5% completion, 241.7 yards a game (includes rushing) and 197 TDs (includes rushing) and 117 INTs. 1.68 TDs to INT

Ryan Tannehill

62.7% completion, 253.5 yards a game (includes rushing) and 112 TDs (includes rushing) and 66 INTs. 1.70 TDs to INT

I didn't use TT because this thread would get derailed but he has a higher completion percentage, more total yards a game and roughly a 4:1 TD/INT ratio. Flacco belongs in the tier with those guys.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

I like cousins but have questions about his personality and leadership

He's a douche. Just say it. I'm sure you all saw they way he shoved that "volunteer referee" during the flag football game at the pro-bowl.

No denying his talent. Better than Tyrod, certainly, but not up there with the top 5 QB's. I'd rather him not be associated with this franchise. We have enough to be embarrassed about.

Note to Terry: SIGN COUSINS

Yup

He's a douche. Just say it. I'm sure you all saw they way he shoved that "volunteer referee" during the flag football game at the pro-bowl.

No denying his talent. Better than Tyrod, certainly, but not up there with the top 5 QB's. I'd rather him not be associated with this franchise. We have enough to be embarrassed about.

Jimbo was a huge doosh at first, just sayin'