Report: Browns will try to trade for Jimmy Garoppolo

YoloinOhio

Report: Browns will try to trade for Patriots backup QB Jimmy Garoppolo

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/report-browns-will-try-to-trade-for-patriots-backup-qb-jimmy-garoppolo/

Cleveland.com's Mary Kay Cabot reports that "the Browns' interest in Garoppolo is real and that they'll try to trade for him depending on how their draft evaluations go over the next five weeks or so."

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would Bill Belichick trade away a young QB who might be good when he has a 39 year old starter? Think about it.

Agreed. JG has shown more than some of the previous stooges like Mallett and Cassell IMO but unless Briskett has progressed a lot, NE risks too much here.

Why would Bill Belichick trade away a young QB who might be good when he has a 39 year old starter? Think about it.

Because its completely feasible Brady plays another 5 years at, or close to, his current level.

Because Brady has 5 more years of dominance in him ?

This.

Because he has an even younger one under his control for 3 more years and also happens to like him more than Jimmy G.?

No chance...

BB knows Brady doesn't have 5 more years and the Browns can offer nothing in similar value for Garapolo.

Edited by Mr. WEO

Because he has an even younger one under his control for 3 more years and also happens to like him more than Jimmy G.?

Either way, he's dumping him. Nuff said.

Because its completely feasible Brady plays another 5 years at, or close to, his current level.

This.

Yup, nothing unusual about that. :doh:

Either way, he's dumping him. Nuff said.

Yup, nothing unusual about that. :doh:

We said he'd be done 5 years ago. League changed the rules, QBs don't get hit anymore. He's a health nut. He said he wants to play many more years. At this point, I'll take his word for it.

No chance...

BB knows Brady doesn't have 5 more years and the Browns can offer nothing in similar value for Garapolo.

Silly time? There has been no shortage of love for Jacoby around here. Jimmy G. only has one year left on his deal and I wouldn't be surprised if he has been deemed expendable. They spent a 2nd round pick on him and would net no less than a first rounder and some spare change. He also came under criticism for the amount of time he missed with the shoulder sprain. I would not be surprised if he gets moved.

We said he'd be done 5 years ago. League changed the rules, QBs don't get hit anymore. He's a health nut. He said he wants to play many more years. At this point, I'll take his word for it.

Yeah, but it's more likely, as he grows older, to get hit the wrong way....And once he does...He's done. His body won't recover well enough and it'll be Manning with Denver all over again.

Silly time? There has been no shortage of love for Jacoby around here. Jimmy G. only has one year left on his deal and I wouldn't be surprised if he has been deemed expendable. They spent a 2nd round pick on him and would net no less than a first rounder and some spare change. He also came under criticism for the amount of time he missed with the shoulder sprain. I would not be surprised if he gets moved.

No one is offering a first rounder for Garapolo.

Brissett is not the next pats QB.

Lots of guys " wanted " to play many more years. The end is coming and he'll hit a wall like everyone else. Father Time is undefeated. We don't know when but 5 more seasons is a lot.

Yeah, but it's more likely, as he grows older, to get hit the wrong way....And once he does...He's done. His body won't recover well enough and it'll be Manning with Denver all over again.

True. But he doesn't get hit.

This bus a silly throw away statement. Go back to the playoffs last year and watch Brady get beaten like a piñata.

The Pats would jump on that trade in a heartbeat.

It's a 1st round pick for a backup. Simple as that. You take that trade 10 out of 10 times.

And he is a FA in 2018... unless they think he's really the next Brady and that Brady is done, they will take the best offer they can get right now Edited by YoloinOhio

The value will exceed what they spent on acquiring him. An early 2nd and a mid round pick? A mid first round pick? They won't settle for an even swap, Jimmy G. has shown enough to increase his value to a desperate team.

They will most certainly profit.