Report: Browns will try to trade for Jimmy Garoppolo

YoloinOhio

Why would Bill Belichick trade away a young QB who might be good when he has a 39 year old starter? Think about it.

Because next year the league and the government will make it officially illegal (as in a felony) to touch Brady on the field.

Once that happens and they remove all rubber mats from all other stadiums, Brady's career can last another 10 years easy.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would Bill Belichick trade away a young QB who might be good when he has a 39 year old starter? Think about it.

It says the Browns will TRY to trade for JG. What BB says is the reality.

No one is offering a first rounder for Garapolo.

Brissett is not the next pats QB.

So reading between your lines says JG stays a Pat?

We said he'd be done 5 years ago. League changed the rules, QBs don't get hit anymore. He's a health nut. He said he wants to play many more years. At this point, I'll take his word for it.

It's not normal to play at Brady's level at almost 40. I smell fish.

The same they reason they dangle all their backup QBs as trade bait.

And they all suck don't they? Gee. But maybe this time...

Dumping Favre and keeping Rodgers worked pretty well for the pack. Jimmy G looked good in the short amount of time he played. By no means am I calling him the next Rodgers but if he can be close to that level he's worth hanging on to until Brady retires or by some miracle is forced out of N.E.

Report: Browns will try to trade for Patriots backup QB Jimmy Garoppolo

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/report-browns-will-try-to-trade-for-patriots-backup-qb-jimmy-garoppolo/

Crap we better not get stuck picking Watson

No way I'm trading for garropolo. Patriots aren't trading him away with a 40 year old Brady in front of him unless they think Garroppolo isnt that good.

yeah he looked horrible in the two games he won

Dumping Favre and keeping Rodgers worked pretty well for the pack. Jimmy G looked good in the short amount of time he played. By no means am I calling him the next Rodgers but if he can be close to that level he's worth hanging on to until Brady retires or by some miracle is forced out of N.E.

Things that are different:

Favre was all sorts of horrible at the end and it was easy to see coming. Brady not so much.

Dumping Brady, even if he was showing signs would be waaaaaay different than dumping Favre. The accomplishments aren't even comparable.

JG could be pretty good and still not come close to the results of Brady or Rodgers. He could be like the 5 year nightmare of dumping Manning and watching him win the Super Bowl and keeping Luck and watching him set playoff turnover records if he even managed to make it out of the worst division in football history.

Report: Browns will try to trade for Patriots backup QB Jimmy Garoppolo

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/report-browns-will-try-to-trade-for-patriots-backup-qb-jimmy-garoppolo/

If true then Tyrod wouldn't have any suitors should the Bills part ways with him.

So much for "teams lining up for him" and "he'll break the bank out in the market" Lol

I think this would be a huge mistake by the Cleveland Browns. The Patriots did a good job last season of hiding his flaws, but the offense with him running the show was simplified and most of his passes were either short or behind the line of scrimmage. The Patriots will be laughing at the league when they get a 2nd and 3rd pick for Jimmy.

Because he is not very good. If he was they would keep him.

Edited by auburnbillsbacker

I think this would be a huge mistake by the Cleveland Browns. The Patriots did a good job last season of hiding his flaws, but the offense with him running the show was simplified and most of his passes were either short or behind the line of scrimmage. The Patriots will be laughing at the league when they get a 2nd and 3rd pick for Jimmy.

Because he is not very good. If he was he would keep him.

I think you are right.

The Patriots have a better understanding of this QB's talent level than anybody else in the NFL. If they are trading him at this point, then the guy isn't close to being good enough.

At this point in time, Jimmy's trade value is about as high as it is probably ever going to be. If the Patriots don't think he is good enough to build a team around, then it makes total sense that they would try to trade him right now. And Cleveland is just dumb enough to actually want to do it.

'Cause it's the last year he can get anything for him in trade, and the 39 year old starter looks like he has another three or four years in him. Unfortunately.

Not that I'm convinced Garop will be any good. But it's certainly possible.

Because he is not very good. If he was they would keep him.

I don't think that the evidence shows that Belichick keeps people if they're good. Seymour was terrific. They didn't keep him. Wilfork is still playing very well. They didn't keep him. Jamie Collins was excellent. They didn't keep him.

Belichick loves - he absolutely loves - to maximize the number of picks he's getting. It keeps their salary cap number down. He's shown himself willing to trade away guys who are very good if the situation is right. And if they believe Brady is going to be around for another three or four years, then the situation is right.

And this year is realistically the last year they can trade Garoppolo without signing him to a second contract. And they don't like wasting cap money on guys they're not going to keep.

Edited by Thurman#1