What discontinued product do you wish they would bring back?

ChevyVanMiller

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Chevrolet Corvair. :ph34r:

I knew a guy that said he had one. He said it was a great ride, never got stuck. And he lived!

LoL! What were they thinking by putting a forward mounted fuel tank on it? I think engine was in back, right... So it had to be "front wheel drive." Basically a "normal" car set up in reverse. ?? Was the thinking better traction, weight distribution, etc...

Wasn't the first front engine, front wheel drive car in production an Oldsmobile Toronado?

FWIW... Corvair was an industry changer

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

The Chevrolet Corvair. :ph34r:

My first car was a 1961 Corvair Monza. White on red. Bought it in 1990 for $1200 in Va. Beach and proceeded to beat the hell out of it like an idiot.

I loved that car, but I was too immature to realize what I had. I dream of having another Corvair (1964 or earlier) someday.

Firefly.

Was going to say the same thing. Also Lucy, Daughter of the Devil and the most recent incarnation of The Muppet Show.

Little joke for DCTom, Greg, slash, et al.

Q: How do Reavers clean their harpoons?

A: They put them through the Wash

That's brutal

A winning BFLo product on the football field and ice rink!

You know what looks good? The new "Georgia Gold" chicken @ KFC.

I am going to preempt any future disappointment and say I will never try this KFC product because they will just eventually discontinue it! :-(

Hey... That is a new twist to the thread. JUST like watching BFLo hockey & football! Just stop watching when it looks good! You know I can't do that! ;-/

A winning BFLo product on the football field and ice rink!

You know what looks good? The new "Georgia Gold" chicken @ KFC.

I am going to preempt any future disappointment and say I will never try this KFC product because they will just eventually discontinue it! :-(

Hey... That is a new twist to the thread. JUST like watching BFLo hockey & football! Just stop watching when it looks good! You know I can't do that! ;-/

I tried the Memphis Hot or whatever the hell it was called? :sick: Trrrble. If the Georgia Gold is anything like the former, be glad you skipped it!

Along the lines of my previous mention of York Steakhouse, what happened to Pondersosa Steak House. Haven't seen one of them in about 20 years!

Another thing I miss was Welch's brief attempt and grape, strawberry and orange soda! For whatever reason it seemed to have more flavor that the other fruit sodas.

As a kid, I also remember the southern tier having a pretty wide selection of locally-made kettle cooked chips (only name that comes to mind right now, is Swanson's), but now there only seems to be a couple companies making them.

Along the lines of my previous mention of York Steakhouse, what happened to Pondersosa Steak House. Haven't seen one of them in about 20 years!

We have a Ponderosa here in my town. The food is terrible, and it's definitely in not a steakhouse. I brought my family there about 3 years ago, and we haven't been back since.