What discontinued product do you wish they would bring back?

ChevyVanMiller

We have a Ponderosa here in my town. The food is terrible, and it's definitely in not a steakhouse. I brought my family there about 3 years ago, and we haven't been back since.

I recall my last visit being less than inspiring for sure. I may be misremembering, but York seemed to be a superior "restaurant." At least as far as my preteen palate could tell. :unsure:

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

200px-Pepsi_Next%2C_July_2012.jpg

Pepsi Next. I know someone who works at a distributor who said they discontinued it in the US, but it might still be available in Canada.

$_35.JPG?set_id=880000500F

Kenner's Starting Lineup figures.

Wendy's all you can eat salad bar. You could make your own tacos.

I had both the soft cover and the hard cover as a kid. Those are long lost but I did buy a complete hardcover on ebay with all the stickers in it a couple years ago. I remember me and my brother were so into it as a kid a couple times my dad bribed the ESSO guy to give us more books of stickers.

I tried the Memphis Hot or whatever the hell it was called? :sick: Trrrble. If the Georgia Gold is anything like the former, be glad you skipped it!

Along the lines of my previous mention of York Steakhouse, what happened to Pondersosa Steak House. Haven't seen one of them in about 20 years!

Another thing I miss was Welch's brief attempt and grape, strawberry and orange soda! For whatever reason it seemed to have more flavor that the other fruit sodas.

As a kid, I also remember the southern tier having a pretty wide selection of locally-made kettle cooked chips (only name that comes to mind right now, is Swanson's), but now there only seems to be a couple companies making them.

Thanks! Must be the marketing and spray painted fake food they use in commercials that makes it look good! :-/

It you're referring to New York Seltzer, you can still find it. They carry it at Price Chopper here.

Damn auto correct on my phone!!!! Yes, New YORK seltzer! Don't have it out here in the land of "this is incredibly average and mainstream." Price Chopper... you must live in the capital region?

Along that line of thinking, I miss York Steakhouse!

The York in the Summit Park mall in Wheatfield was quite good........better food than Ponderosa up the street on Niagara Falls Blvd.

Those were good Thursday or Friday night drinking starters......but had to do Long John Silver's during Lent.....but they served beer.

Ground Round was another pretty decent place to eat in that range on NF Blvd.

Damn auto correct on my phone!!!! Yes, New YORK seltzer! Don't have it out here in the land of "this is incredibly average and mainstream." Price Chopper... you must live in the capital region?

Close...central Vermont.

You can buy it on Amazon!

https://www.amazon.com/Original-New-York-Seltzer-12-pack/dp/B00XCN3NJ2?th=1

I had both the soft cover and the hard cover as a kid. Those are long lost but I did buy a complete hardcover on ebay with all the stickers in it a couple years ago. I remember me and my brother were so into it as a kid a couple times my dad bribed the ESSO guy to give us more books of stickers.

NHL rinks look so much nicer with no advertising!

That's something they "discontinued." Nice clean looking rinks!

New York Seltzer has made a comeback in the country.

Where I live you can get it at most grocery stores. Although for some reason the Blueberry New York Seltzer is not as easy to find.

Aside from that: Black Cherry, Raspberry, Lemon-Lime, Vanilla Cream, Root Beer & Peach are easy to get. Now if they will just release the Concord Grape flavor.

Thank you...looks a bit far to drive...ut maybe other rite-aids in Buffalo have them as well?

Was at the Walmart in Lockport and they sell the 12-packs of OV cans. Took a pic for you, but the file is too big to upload here.

I'm guessing that all WNY Walmart carry them.

Edited by ChevyVanMiller