Rapoport: Hints that Bills Are Likely to Keep Tyrod Taylor

@BuffRumblings

.@RapSheet hints that #Bills will likely keep Tyrod Taylor: https://t.co/xt9N9ixsEg

In an interview on NFL Network’s Good Morning Football, Ian Rapoport spoke on the future of Tyrod Taylor.

This is the full quote on what the Bills’ hire of offensive coordinator Rick Dennison means for the quarterback:

“This is pretty good news because he was the quarterbacks coach in Baltimore when Tyrod Taylor was the backup to Joe Flacco. So there’s a lot of familiarity here. It would make no sense if the Bills hired Rick Dennison, and then got rid of Tyrod Taylor... one of the reasons he signed there. So do not be surprised if Taylor is back.”

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a well-functioning organization the GM would not make a decision regarding something as important as the starting QB without thorough discussion with the HC (and ownership). I'm not saying the Bills are such an organization, but to presume this is Whaley's decision in a vacuum is extremely naive.

If true, it signals that McDermott and his staff don't believe the Bills are in need of a full rebuild in 2017.

I don't know if you saw the "keeping TT part" but that's the part Whaley has control over.

The owner and Whaley both stated the coaching staff would play a role in deciding Taylor's future. So far I would say that no one really has a firm grasp on what the Bills will do. This is conjecture at this point. Comparably I would prefer they keep Taylor over an option of Manziel or Cutler. But to each their own.

The decision to keep TT or not is entirely up to the new coaching staff and will be made after they have broken down every snap Taylor has taken and much of that analysis will be done with TT's input as well.

Just remember that you're responding to someone who wants the Bills to sign Johnny Manziel.

Remember when Incognito was a "perish the thought" signing?

Pepperidge Farms remembers.

What was your take on that? Something something, toxic player. Something something bad for the locker room. Something something NFW?

What was your take on that? Something something, toxic player. Something something bad for the locker room. Something something NFW?

you're talking about a guy with like 10 years in the league who had played well and comparing him to manziel who is clearly not an nfl qb. great college talent but not only does his skillset not translate he has a world of personal problems. domestic violence, drugs, alcohol ego etc

I think this post perfectly summarizes you as a poster. It's like you're an algorithm that seeks the least popular opinion and then won't stop pounding on the table for that. You are now advocating we sign a slower, shorter, less accurate drug addict rather than give our current middle of the pack quarterback a shot in an offense that actually plays to his strengths.

Tyrod would be a completely different QB in this system. This is a system where he would actually be the focal point, like it should be. If Dennison also sticks to a zone blocking scheme for running then I expect Gillislee and Felton to really shine.

you're talking about a guy with like 10 years in the league who had played well and comparing him to manziel who is clearly not an nfl qb. great college talent but not only does his skillset not translate he has a world of personal problems. domestic violence, drugs, alcohol ego etc

Incognito was blackballed by the NFL.

Your take is wholly painted by the fact Richie turned it around in Buffalo. He wasn't even considered by a huge contingent on this board. Similar to reaction to Manziel today.

Now, that being said, are the chances of them working out equal? No, of course not. Richie was a proven decent vet at least and Johnny is definitely not there yet. I was only speaking towards the reaction to the idea.

I think this post perfectly summarizes you as a poster. It's like you're an algorithm that seeks the least popular opinion and then won't stop pounding on the table for that. You are now advocating we sign a slower, shorter, less accurate drug addict rather than give our current middle of the pack quarterback a shot in an offense that actually plays to his strengths.

How does this offense play to his strengths compared to last years and 2015's offense?

As to the summary of my posting, I'm wholly consistent. I've argued, sometimes successfully sometimes not so much, for low-risk, high reward moves because this team needs to hit the lottery.

Staying with TT is a milk toast move now that we know what he is.

Signing TT 2 years ago for peanuts to take a shot was a good move. Signing Richie Incognito for peanuts was a great move. Taking upper round talent in 5th -7th rounds because of off the field stuff was great. Why that logic of "sign/draft them cheaply and there's virtually zero risk to bringing them in" applies to guys like Karlos, Richie etc and not to a former 1st round QB who was a Heisman winner and has barely shown how he can play in the NFL does not make any sense.

I'd be prepared to Johnny to not be clean, stink and be cut in 2 weeks. No skin off my behind. So why limit yourself?

Edited by FireChan

Tyrod would be a completely different QB in this system. This is a system where he would actually be the focal point, like it should be. If Dennison also sticks to a zone blocking scheme for running then I expect Gillislee and Felton to really shine.

How much more can Gillislee shine?

I promise you Johnny Manziel is done. He can't play.

Maybe. Then again we brought in Matt frickin' Leinhart 2 years ago. I would've bet my life on that dude being a used car salesman for eternity.

Talent is just a little subjective. I won't lie, I loved Manziel in college and I'm certainly biased. If you asked me who to bring in today, Tyler Wilson or Manziel, I take the Money Team 10/10 times.

Can we try and stick the OP's post? Thread is about keeping TT, not signing a reject from the cast of Trainspotting.

Sure. 26 derailed us a bit.

Please answer the question I posed to you.

How does this offense play to his strengths compared to last years and 2015's offense?

Maybe. Then again we brought in Matt frickin' Leinhart 2 years ago. I would've bet my life on that dude being a used car salesman for eternity.

Talent is just a little subjective. I won't lie, I loved Manziel in college and I'm certainly biased. If you asked me who to bring in today, Tyler Wilson or Manziel, I take the Money Team 10/10 times.

Sure. 26 derailed us a bit.

Please answer the question I posed to you.

It's an offense predicated on rollouts and bootlegs. Getting a mobile, but short QB out of the pocket gets him out form behind a line he can barely see over and opens up more of the field to him.

No new info, sounds like. Just speculating with some of the dots others have already begun to connect.

yes, several articles posted here have connected that dot (the Baltimore years) already. Provides another thread to either support or bash Taylor though...

I don't know if you saw the "keeping TT part" but that's the part Whaley has control over.

Clearly this possibility was discussed by McDermott , Pegulas , and Whaley during the interview process. we don't know if Whaley has the ability to make this decision on his own, but it's very possible that he doesn't. Either way, McDermott doesn't take the job if he doesn't want that possibility. Whatever that move would mean, it likely won't be the only move. Another QB will likely be drafted. Johnny Manziel shouldn't even be a consideration at this point because he is an absolute joke as an individual. There is nothing to be gained there.

It's an offense predicated on rollouts and bootlegs. Getting a mobile, but short QB out of the pocket gets him out form behind a line he can barely see over and opens up more of the field to him.

How does the # of designed rollouts and boots in this new offense compare to the # called in 2015 and 2016?