Manziel is back! Sign him Doug!

FireChan

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not accepted standard of care. He's not smoking it because his doctors are telling him to do so. Lots of players attempt to self-medicate with illicit substances (or use that excuse because they like to get high) and get suspended for it. He's no different.

people love to look down upon others, huh? lots of assumptions here. you know nothing about his condition status, other than the name. no idea. but seem to know enough about his intent...cool. you realize MOST doctors in NY because of politics and licensing wont ever discuss mj as a viable option, right?

doesnt mean someone is just looking to get high.

MJ has saved many lives. aids and cancer patients , to name a couple diagnoses. that are too nauseous to eat, or hold food down....marji works miracles.

nothing false about that.

Edited by 87168

It's not accepted standard of care. He's not smoking it because his doctors are telling him to do so. Lots of players attempt to self-medicate with illicit substances (or use that excuse because they like to get high) and get suspended for it. He's no different.

Just because it's not accepted doesn't mean it's not effective. It's clinically proven to be effective in this and many other situations. Comparing him to Manziel, a guy who was snorting rails in a bathroom, is utter stupidity. Like I said, Manziel is a silver-spoon party boy who was living the rapper lifestyle with Drake and whoever else. He trashed mansions, totaled cars, and slapped around his gf's. Seantrel is dealing with Crohn's. The two correlate how again?

people love to look down upon others, huh? lots of assumptions here. you know nothing about his condition status, other than the name. no idea. but seem to know enough about his intent...cool. you realize MOST doctors in NY because of politics and licensing wont ever discuss mj as a viable option, right?

doesnt mean someone is just looking to get high.

MJ has saved many lives. aids and cancer patients , to name a couple diagnoses. that are too nauseous to eat, or hold food down....marji works miracles.

nothing false about that.

I know nothing about his intent, other than the fact he's had problems with MJ long before his Crohn's diagnosis and he never used it as an excuse in his multiple suspensions in college.

In March, Henderson was suspended for the first game of the season, though Miami did not cite a reason (later, Henderson admitted it was because of marijuana use)

Henderson was suspended for one game (again, he admitted later, for marijuana use)

At the Senior Bowl, Henderson admitted that his positive tests were for marijuana use, hoping to get out in front of the situation.

"I'm showing my character. Showing them that I'm responsible, reliable, dependable," Henderson said. "I want to keep letting them know all the negative things are behind me."

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2014/5/5/5683022/seantrel-henderson-marijuana-suspensions-nfl-draft

To me, it sounds like Henderson was saying his MJ use in college was an indictment on his character. And then he gets drafted, and suspended again for a positive MJ test. But now he has the Crohn's diagnosis, that is anecdotally treated with the very same substance he's abused in the face of serious consequences over and over.

If you want to tell me that's an enormous coincidence so be it. I can't definitively say you're wrong, because I don't have all the info. But forgive me for remaining skeptical.

Just because it's not accepted doesn't mean it's not effective. It's clinically proven to be effective in this and many other situations. Comparing him to Manziel, a guy who was snorting rails in a bathroom, is utter stupidity. Like I said, Manziel is a silver-spoon party boy who was living the rapper lifestyle with Drake and whoever else. He trashed mansions, totaled cars, and slapped around his gf's. Seantrel is dealing with Crohn's. The two correlate how again?

See above.

It means it hasn't been proven to be effective in medical literature versus the standard of care that already exists. If and when that day comes, I'll gladly say, "great." I have no problem with medical MJ at all. But until that day, the excuse that he needs it and can't use anything else is just an excuse. Especially when he's done nothing about the suspensions besides accept them.

For some, being "sober" is quantified in units of hours.

If you are talking about not having alcohol (or whatever substance) in your system sure. But the definition of "sober" that I think would be required to lead, or even be on an NFL team (for an addict / alcoholic anyway) is not the same as going without alcohol for a few hours / days.

Sounds like he took accountability, got sober, and is getting back on track. Sounds like a leader to me. That's more than Dareus and Seantrel did.

Sober is as sober does. This is what, 5 minutes?

I've just always been a fan. That doesn't mean that I want him on my team necessarily but I loved watching him play. He was so exciting.

Fair enough. I don't watch much college football, so he's only "Trainwreck Johnny" to me.

Yeah fine CFL prove his game can translate to NFL

If he cant get a deal in the NFL im sure thats the next plan of action. Even if you are in the CFL those arent bad contracts, still be making more than what I make and doing what you love for a living and living decent off it is kinda priceless in this world.