Manziel is back! Sign him Doug!

FireChan

I think he deserves another chance. I would enjoy the "Johnny hype" he would bring to the team and city. Remember the Terrell Owens signing. It didn't work out and I realize Manziel isn't likely to either. However, as a fan I like when the Bills get national attention and Manziel will surely do that. Lastly, you never know he might be a very serviceable backup.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he deserves another chance. I would enjoy the "Johnny hype" he would bring to the team and city. Remember the Terrell Owens signing. It didn't work out and I realize Manziel isn't likely to either. However, as a fan I like when the Bills get national attention and Manziel will surely do that. Lastly, you never know he might be a very serviceable backup.

Rex got us "national attention." What's the point? How about getting attention for being good instead of being a side show? Edited by PromoTheRobot

Rex got us "national attention." What's the point? How about getting attention for being good instead of being a side show?

You make my point exactly. I can't see us being good anytime in the foreseeable future. So I'll take any national attention I can get. Kind of like settling for the fat girl....

You make my point exactly. I can't see us being good anytime in the foreseeable future. So I'll take any national attention I can get. Kind of like settling for the fat girl....

This is pathetic. More concerned about the attention from the media, than the product on the field.

I'm not here to pick on the guy, and I've been in a similar situation. IMO someone who goes out of his way to explain that he didn't need professional assistance probably isn't really ready to turn it around.

But I hope I'm wrong.

It took me a year of one on one counselings and group meetings to finally get of "The Sauce." So you are probably right. I am now going on 5 years of sobriety now but if not for professional help I don't think I could be saying this now. I still struggle at times but I use the skills I learned from counselors to fight my urges.

Edited by The Monk

Are you the Ice from the 1990's TBD? Your irrationale post makes me think: Yes.

This is pathetic. More concerned about the attention from the media, than the product on the field.

How has the product on the field been for the last 17 years?

Are you the Ice from the 1990's TBD? Your irrationale post makes me think: Yes.

No that's not me. I know my point of view is in the minority. However, I really don't thnk its irrational. Johnny football can be a very sericeable backup and maybe more. I.don't see anything wrong with liking a little media attention.

I am concerned about the product on the field. Your assumptions are incorrect.

It took me a year of one on one counselings and group meetings to finally get of "The Sauce." So you are probably right. I am now going on 5 years of sobriety now but if not for professional help I don't think I could be saying this now. I still struggle at times but I use the skills I learned from counselors to fight my urges.

Awesome for you! I suppose you're one more person who gets that signing Johnny Football at this point is just a terrible idea.

Rex got us "national attention." What's the point? How about getting attention for being good instead of being a side show?

Being good would be nice for a change. But someone like Rex, T.O. and so on is good for season ticket sales/renewals. Gets the fan base excited when the product on the field does not. Which makes me wonder where Russ would weigh in on Johnny Football as a Bill. McDermott may end up being a good hire, but not a lot of sizzle there for Russ to work with.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Congrats, this is the worst suggestion on this board since trading mario for skelton. FireChan now moves into the rarified air previously only occupied by BuffaloBarbarian where I can now instantly discount anything they say. From here on out he's just the Johnny Football guy.

Congrats, this is the worst suggestion on this board since trading mario for skelton. FireChan now moves into the rarified air previously only occupied by BuffaloBarbarian where I can now instantly discount anything they say. From here on out he's just the Johnny Football guy.

You're gonna miss some gems, but you probably wouldn't be able to appreciate them anyway.

I am concerned about the product on the field. Your assumptions are incorrect.

I never said you were NOT concerned about the product on the field, I said your were MORE concerned about media attention.

Your own statement seems to reflect that stance:

(Terrell Owens) didn't work out and I realize Manziel isn't likely to either. However, as a fan I like when the Bills get national attention and Manziel will surely do that.

By your own admission, Manziel isn't likely to work out. So why do you want him? Media attention!

Hell, if media attention is what you want, why don't you lobby for the Bills to replace Frazier and Dennison with Rob Ryan and Art Briles.

That will generate some media attention.

Then they can put Johnny in the back field with another FA pick up named Ray Rice.

Oh, and work out a trade for Pac-Man Jones.

Think of all the media attention!!

But wait. To insure Cincy will trade Pac-Man to the Bills, the Bills should offer their entire draft picks for this year AND next year!

The Bills will suck for the "foreseeable" future, but the media attention! 24/7, on every sports channel and web site.

You would be down that, wouldn't you?

"I can't see us being good anytime in the foreseeable future. So I'll take any national attention I can get."

Thought so.

I never said you were NOT concerned about the product on the field, I said your were MORE concerned about media attention.

Your own statement seems to reflect that stance:

By your own admission, Manziel isn't likely to work out. So why do you want him? Media attention!

Hell, if media attention is what you want, why don't you lobby for the Bills to replace Frazier and Dennison with Rob Ryan and Art Briles.

That will generate some media attention.

Then they can put Johnny in the back field with another FA pick up named Ray Rice.

Oh, and work out a trade for Pac-Man Jones.

Think of all the media attention!!

But wait. To insure Cincy will trade Pac-Man to the Bills, the Bills should offer their entire draft picks for this year AND next year!

The Bills will suck for the "foreseeable" future, but the media attention! 24/7, on every sports channel and web site.

You would be down that, wouldn't you?

Thought so.

The Bills take hundreds of players who aren't likely to work out.