Manziel is back! Sign him Doug!

FireChan

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So this guy is over his drinking problem because he's got a few months of sobriety?

GTFO, that's not how it works.

The definition of alcoholic is very subjective. Is he an alcoholic? Or does he just have no sense? Only he truly knows that. In many ways he just seems like your typical frat boy. The problem is you can't be a frat boy and NFL QB at the same time.

I think this dude sucks and wasn't good enough to make it in the NFL even if he wasn't a total d bag. Mike Evans carried his little jock.

That said, you always need camp bodies and if gets back to his toolish ways or shows he's not good enough, you cut him. But if you did give him a contract, expect nothing because that's what you are probably getting. But I would take a shot on almost any qb at this point.

Yes, but we have no idea to what extent he is a "drugie". Manziel parents are interesting characters who are a big part of his problem. Some people call their kid a "drugie" once they hear their kid did some drugs. Nothing more classless than airing your sons dirty laundry to ESPN. The Dbag apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

I think this dude sucks and wasn't good enough to make it in the NFL even if he wasn't a total d bag. Mike Evans carried his little jock.

That said, you always need camp bodies and if gets back to his toolish ways or shows he's not good enough, you cut him. But if you did give him a contract, expect nothing because that's what you are probably getting. But I would take a shot on almost any qb at this point.

This ^ Even without drugs and alcohol in the mix his game will never translate to the pros.

For all of his faults, he has a Doug Flutie-like way of making plays at times. He would come dirt cheap with a myriad of behavior clauses. He would be a affordable backup. But ultimately the only way I think a team would take a chance on him is if he agreed to regular blood/breathalyzer tests in addition to random tests at the team's request.

If you lose your job because you drink and party too much then you have a problem.

I know, but he was also bad at his job because he's not an NFL QB. There's also a fine line between choosing to party because you're immature versus an addiction that forced you to go party. He just seems incredibly immature and spoiled. He may be an addict too. I'm just saying that he needs an attitude/responsibly lesson too. Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

I know, but he was also bad at his job because he's not an NFL QB.

Yeah And that's the part that Johnny Hobbitt fans overlook. Look at Grink for instance. Dude probably parties as hard as Manziel and people just laugh at him. Big Ben is probably a rapist. If Ray Rice wasn't on the downside of his career, he'd be in the NFL. That POS Joe Mixon will probably be drafted,

Teams and fans completely get rid of any morals they have because it's only important to win. See the excuses people made when Lynch hit a girl and left her in the street.

Buy a lottery ticket. Better odds.

Won't help the Bills QB situation but at least I'd be watching them miss the play-offs for a suite instead of section 334 :)

A bottle of Jack...

There have been some great sobriety challenged QB's over the years ;)

That's different criticism and subjective one as well.

Yes it is. I simply saw nothing from him when he was on the field that indicated he can succeed in the NFL. You made the point that Manziel wasn't the first hard partying QB. You are absolutely correct. So why did he fail in the pros? I think it's because he's not good enough. More dedication to the game would help as well, but his sandlot style from college doesn't translate to the pros.

Yes it is. I simply saw nothing from him when he was on the field that indicated he can succeed in the NFL. You made the point that Manziel wasn't the first hard partying QB. You are absolutely correct. So why did he fail in the pros? I think it's because he's not good enough. More dedication to the game would help as well, but his sandlot style from college doesn't translate to the pros.

I think Manziel partied to a way bigger extent.