Childress & Olson Both Reported as Out for Bills' OC

You mad bro?

I should name names?? Why don't you go research the names of the QB Coach and O Line coach for the Falcons, Steelers, Patriots, etc. Any coach who is not currently an Offensive Coordinator would take a job as an OC...it's a promotion. Yet, we are considering two average gents (one who is a failure and one who is an OC in name only with a record of failure elsewhere). You want sweet fruit?...go to a good, healthy tree (Falcons, Packers, Seahawks, Patriots, etc. ) and pick the young sweet fruit. Now go get your shine box.

I tire of this internet tough-guy attitude. Saying "I don't like these guys and my idea is better" without actually proposing any actual names and giving reasons to back up your "new is better" proposal is a bit ridiculous. Probably best to remember that the guy who clamors for that shine box winds up in the trunk.

Edited by ndirish1978

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mad bro?

I should name names?? Why don't you go research the names of the QB Coach and O Line coach for the Falcons, Steelers, Patriots, etc. Any coach who is not currently an Offensive Coordinator would take a job as an OC...it's a promotion. Yet, we are considering two average gents (one who is a failure and one who is an OC in name only with a record of failure elsewhere). You want sweet fruit?...go to a good, healthy tree (Falcons, Packers, Seahawks, Patriots, etc. ) and pick the young sweet fruit. Now go get your shine box.

Wouldn't the fruit be bitter if it wasn't ripened yet? Childress is ripe, baby. Ripe.

You mad bro?

I should name names?? Why don't you go research the names of the QB Coach and O Line coach for the Falcons, Steelers, Patriots, etc. Any coach who is not currently an Offensive Coordinator would take a job as an OC...it's a promotion. Yet, we are considering two average gents (one who is a failure and one who is an OC in name only with a record of failure elsewhere). You want sweet fruit?...go to a good, healthy tree (Falcons, Jackets, Seahawks, Patriots, etc. ) and pick the young sweet fruit. Now go get your shine box.

Not mad at all.....Bro! Just think you're coming across a bit all knowing and arrogant. You've already done all the research it would seem, so why should I bother. I'll have the Bills give you a call.

What about Childress as OC and Olson as QB coach/Offensive Assistant. Something of that nature.

i suggested this too, Denver just did McCoy OC Musgrave QBC. Get some teachers of QBs in here besides David Lee, who, was supposed to be a guru several years back but i'm not sure his body of work would stand up.

Hiring Olson would be uninspiring to me because of his poor track record calling plays. Childress at least had some success in Minn. He can work with Tyrod while the younger talent develops.

The idea of getting both, with Olson as QB coach sounds nice.

I wish they would interview AVP. He's working with Rodgers nowadays, it's got to be rubbing off right? Pack is hot, AVP should be a hot candidate

AVP would be interesting but honestly haven't heard a word about him as a candidate not sure why? Also most coaches (and people) go with those they know.

I tire of this internet tough-guy attitude. Saying "I don't like these guys and my idea is better" without actually proposing any actual names and giving reasons to back up your "new is better" proposal is a bit ridiculous. Probably best to remember that the guy who clamors for that shine box winds up in the trunk.

I agree. We're all Bills fans - brothers and sisters in our shared love for the Bills and collective misery.

We're going to disagree. But we don't need to be aggressive and insulting about it.

What about Childress as OC and Olson as QB coach/Offensive Assistant. Something of that nature.

I was thinking the same thing and would really like this.

Considering Olson was canned from his last gig and I can't remember him every running a great offense I'm very against him being OC

Patrick Mahomes.

If you watch Mahomes highlights you see Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers traits.

If you watch Mahomes games you see Jay Cutler and Jeff George traits.

Cian Fahey has been brought up a lot in recent threads because of his take that Tyrod is a lot better than given credit for.

And really the crux of that take is that he is pretty consistent......he rarely has a "BAD" game.....he moves the ball and puts point's on the board on a week-to-week basis.

A guy like Cutler has at times looked great and at times looked like the worst decision maker to ever put on a helmet.

Mahomes is an enigmatic prospect......I wouldn't be against drafting him but I'd ABSOLUTELY be against drafting him and not making him fight to earn a starting job.

And not some Kevin Kolb/Brian Hoyer tomato can knock-over job that you know he will inherit by default due to injury. :lol:

I'm equally tired of the moral highground arguments which suggest it is immature to respond to someone who says an opinion is ridiculous. Read his first reponse to me and perhaps you'll understand why an individual might respond in kind. Hiring Childress and Olson is akin to hiring Dave Wannstache....recycled material.

Wouldn't the fruit be bitter if it wasn't ripened yet? Childress is ripe, baby. Ripe.

Let the young fruit ripen for a few weeks. Fully ripe fruit is soft, gooey and is usually tossed aside.

I'm equally tired of the moral highground arguments which suggest it is immature to respond to someone who says an opinion is ridiculous. Read his first reponse to me and perhaps you'll understand why an individual might respond in kind. Hiring Childress and Olson is akin to hiring Dave Wannstache....recycled material.

Let the young fruit ripen for a few weeks. Fully ripe fruit is soft, gooey and is usually tossed aside.

I respectfully disagree with you that just because a coach is "recycled", that does not necessarily make him a bad coach. Someone else pointed out the Pete Carroll had been fired twice in the NFL. The MASTER Bill Belichick was also fired from his first head coaching job.

I am not saying that some young up-and-comer couldn't do a good job - heck you could strike gold, but I am suggesting that guys who have been fired might still be really great coaches.